Return of the Emblem Chapter Seven: Reunion

Phoenix

Upon spying the bathes, Aneda's eyes wanted to pop out of their sockets, they simply could not handle this rad excitement. Completely forgetting her friend who happened to be a boy, she quickly and gracefully took one of the most memorable baths in her entire life. It was like a kid in a shop full of tantalizing sweets, only replace sweets with... water I guess? Who knows, analogy abandoned, but just for the record, Aneda friggin LOVED and needed this bath, emerging from them completely rejuvenated and beaming, taking a deep and glorious breath.

It dawned upon the cleanest pegasus riding warrior maiden that she was extremely hungry now, grabbing a servant (well she assumed so anyway) and asking where she could get food in probably the slurriest common the poor girl had ever heard. Deciphering it took her a while and eventually she gambled and pointed towards the nearest food source. Dropping off her incredibly dirtied clothes in Ranyin's room, she bolted off yet again and had herself some delicious foods of... ah hell, it was a lot. Fruit, meat, bread, the works. WHEN SUDDENLY, a cough and a whole lot of gagging? Wait, Aneda wasn't gagging or any of that sort of nonsense. It was... "Archer chick?" Aneda remembered, muttering to herself in utter confusion. Curious, she brought her dinner over and checked in on Robin. "You alright there, sunshine?"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some time passed and the waiter returned with the food, and Sophia began to eat. She mostly kept to herself, that is, until Robin's sounds of choking up. Looking around, she quickly spotted the archer girl, who had ditched her ponytail for some reason. Did she eat too fast? She wondered. She tried to resume eating, but then got worse when she hit the floor.

What's going on? She just watched, being little she could do. She had no idea if her staff could handle a situation like this, but either way, she had left her in the room she would be staying.

"<Water!>" gasped out Robin as her eyes watered over from the pain, speaking Skotian out of reflex. "Wa-water! Food hot!" she gasped out a moment later as she rolled onto her back, clutching her throat. Every breath hurt her lungs as she breathed and tried to climb back up to the table, only managing to grab the chair and pull herself up and over the seat as fire burned inside her body.

So far, so good. No one noticed her. Maw continued to sneak about the kitchen, avoiding feet and hiding under things. One of the cheffs left a cut of lean meat on a counter. She needed to eat that unattended food. So, Maw jumped up onto the counter and began to tear off little pieces and eat it. It was pretty good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Right, I forgot about that... If they let us into town, I'd like to go with you. I wonder what life is like in Sanctuary for the normal citizenry..." Norbert lightly mused.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank ye!" Gytha thanked the waitor who brought them their food. It sure looked and smelled good. A sort of caughing fit was had somewhat nearby, though. Looking over, Gytha saw Robin having a sort of attack and rolling on the ground. "She a'right?" the mariner wondered aloud. It looked like the staff was taking care of it, but she was concerned for the archer girl.

Veronika

Veronika heard Robin having difficulties with the food, but saw that others went over to help and figured she wasn't needed. That's why lacking a sense of adventure can sometimes be a good thing. she thought to herself before settling into her own meal. Inauthentic...but tasty nevertheless she concluded, wishing she had ordered some sort of alcoholic beverage to go with it.

Nadya

"I haven't seen enough of Sanctuary to make a call on whether I'd want to live here or not...but I'll give it a shot," Nadya said with a smile, one hand grabbing the basket, the other grabbing Haythem for support. Well it ain't Ursentius or Kayoyama, nicer than those places so far...though maybe he's not showin' me the bad parts.

Selene

"That could make sense given the order of events. Miss Valcyn and her mercenaries were caught inside of a disappearing castle...and came out with Lilith in Rex-Avaz apparently. I did not think there was magic that could warp so many so quickly, but there is much I do not know about such things. In any case, the emblem and Lilith seem to be out of our reach for the time being...for better or for worse. The criminal organization seeking the emblem escaped mostly intact as well- things have not been going according to plan thus far," she said to Desmond with a frown.

Touring The City

"Well if we're going to help you reach a decision, you'd better get a good look at the city." Haythem replied. He became almost giddy as Nadya used him for support. He quickly steered Isis into a steep descent. The in the distance and the city in front of them quickly took on a blue tinge as the bright yellow sun vanished below the horizon. Swooping down near rooftops and startling a few people was the first order of business. Haythem was notorious for this, so there were few shouts and no objects thrown up at the young Sancturan scout. Haythem began the tour by pointing out any Sancturans walking around on the ground that he knew by name and waving to them if they happened to notice them flying overhead. About half of them did. The others didn't catch a glimpse of them until they had already passed overhead. Haythem also began pointing out various places and their intended purposes if they had any. The more notable ones were the farms, which were still easily visible from the air. An entire section of the city seemed to be devoted to large crops and greenhouses, and even as the sun went down there were people working.

Another area of note were the areas near the inner walls. They were mostly living quarters, three, four, five, and six story tall buildings packed a bit tightly around the outer areas of the city, and if not for the walls they would be sitting right beside the low quarters that grew out from the city like tree roots in all directions but north. Far out past the city were sandstorms. Haythem assured Nadya that they weren't perpetual and that this was merely a time of heightened security. He also went on to explain some interesting tidbits about the storms. "You see there?" he began pointing with his right hand. "You notice those never wander too close to the city? Lady Aisha wants to protect us without inconveniencing us. For one if she summoned storms too close to the city this wouldn't be much of a paradise. We would have ruined crops, dirty pools, dirty streets, and we'd spend most days just running maintenance. Because storms never form around the city, it's hardly like living in the desert at all. More like living in a utopia with a nice desert painting in the background~"

Paying a Visit

"A criminal organization ... what is the world coming to when organized crime is so rampant? Well there is some hope in all of this. I may not be able to commune with Lord Wrath directly as I'd hoped and dreamed, but I can still do his work and his will. While you were gone I began going through records and trying to find our most faithful, our most devoted. We have more reliable allies than I realized, we only need to make proper use of them when the time comes. For now we should consolidate our strength and prepare for their return to Ursium."

Around the time Desmond relayed the closest thing to good news they had, the doors opened up to the main hall, and four Ursian royal guardsmen clad in heavy white armor stepped into the cathedral. Two stood at either side of the walkway, and two held the doors open. A very tall young man with pale and somewhat messy hair stepped through the doors donning a long red coat and white greaves. His guards let the doors shut behind him and followed. The man smiled and waved to Desmond and Selene during his approach. "Hello there."

"... Prince Shastak." Desmond seemed a bit surprised. He was about to begin a bow as a gesture of respect, but the prince stopped him.

"Oh no need for that. In the presence of the gods, you and I are both just men, nothing to be compared. Word of Bishop Bradford's passing reached the palace. A tragedy to add right on top of the museum heist. I came to inquire about the funeral."

"We will ... be holding a service for him within the next couple of days."

"Very good. I plan to attend and pay my respects. The man taught me almost everything I know about Lord Wrath. I won't miss his service."

Water

The waitor handed Robin the glass of water that had been brought with her food. "I suppose you are especially vulnerable to spicy foods. I'm terribly sorry about that. We had no way of knowing. I'll take this back to the kitchen and bring you a ... a non-spicy version. If that is alright."

Robin took the drink of water and quickly downed it, the burning heat in her belly finally subsiding. She sat down, groaning as she, at last, brought herself under control. She could remember the pain, the burning sensation, and that people had come to her aid, but the thing that both bothered and confused her the most was Gytha's response.

"Thank you" she said to the waiter before looking Gytha in the eye. "Why do you care though. You hate me."

Gytha was a bit surprised that Robin heard her, but no harm done by that. More surprising than the fact that she'd heard her passing coment amid her episode was the glare, question and stated assumption. Gytha blinked in confusion. "Hate ye? What makes ye think I hate ye? If I hated ye, I wouldn't be worried about if ye were a'right 'r not. If I hated ye, I wouldn't have tried to warn ye against people who would r'spond poorla t' yer agressive actions. Not t' mention if I realla hated ye, I'd be payin' ye more mind, tryin' t' get rid o' ye." She continued with that wide, jolly grin of hers, "N' ye need a better reason than attackin' me once t' get me t' hate ye. That one time ye got me mad at ye, but I still was tryin' t' teach ye somethin' that could save yer life, if that's what yer upset about, heharr. I left me anger 'bout that long ago. Don't see why ye don't do th' same so we can be friends again. Not like I haven't helped ye out b'fore! R'member at the Ascension Festival? Ye wanted t' write in Common, but didn't know how, so I wrote it for ye! Onla one keepin' ye from relaxin' n' bein' friends is yerself, ye know! Harhaharr!!"

With the situation being handled, Sophia resumed eating. So it was because the food was spicy? She thought. I guess she couldn't handle it then.

-----

Meanwhile, John was eating in his room. But then stopped midway. <I wonder,> he was thinking. <How long are we going to stay here. We are certainly be trying to head back to Ursium, so probably not long, but since we only got here thanks to Lilith then heading back out... but then again, she did let Raquel keep that emblem piece. If she is determined to see if Raquel can handle it or not then she may not be leaving us just yet. Well, I guess only time can tell at this point, for now...> And with that, he resumed eating.

Robin gritted her teeth in frustration. "Save my life? If a healer had not been there, I could have died! I did not even mean to attack you!" Robin's chair shot backwards as the woman stood up. "I have not left my anger because I trusted you, if not as a friend than as a ally, and you shot me in the leg!" she moved over closer to Gytha, clearly feeling hurt, and, in her eyes at least, justifiably so. She came to a stop on the opposite side of the table from Gytha.

"I am also tired of running in fear from you and your gun. I am tired of having to watch my back. I am tired of making enemies as well. I..."

She wasn't sure what she should say? To demand apology for being shot? To apologize for being such a bitch just now?

"I... Am sorry..." she said, hanging her head in defeat. "I should have buried my grudge as well. You are the better woman. I am sorry."

Robin certainly was dramatic. "Well, I just happen t' know some people personalla who wouldn't have batted an eye at shootin' ye dead fer what ye did t' me if they'd been me. Well, I'ved explained that b'fore, so... Well, guess ye aren't goin' t' understand that unless ye meet'em, n' I realla hope ye never do what with how yer actin'. Understand I don't shoot people without reason. N' ye don't need t' be afraid o' me unless ye do somethin' stupid like killin' a friend o' mine. Appology accepted, though, so don't worry about it. R'lax, not like I'm huntin' ye, harheharr," the last bit was a small joke Gytha herself chuckled at in her unique way. She was basicly giving up on explaining her resons as to why she shot Robin since the archer never listened to that anyway. She was just glad she was finally willing to stop this pointless argument. Not that it realy effected Gytha much beyond reputation and that was a strange enough account as it was.

Nadya

"That sure does sound convenient, Aisha lets ya avoid all the worst parts of livin' in the desert it seems. But what's with this heightened security bit? Our group is already in the city, so it's not like the sandstorms would keep us out...there some enemy out there ready to attack?" she asked him out of curiosity. Hope Aisha's not tryin' to seal us in...we are gonna leave eventually right?

Selene

A sound plan Selene thought to herself before a new figure unexpectedly "Milord, this is an unexpected honor. Major General Selene Alexakis, Europa Defense Division," Selene said, bowing her head to the prince. "It is good to see you taking interest in the church, I did not know you and Bishop Bradford were close," she commented.

Sky

"Lady Aisha can't do everything for us. We need the military to police the outer city and the defense force--just a fancily named extension of the military--to guard the inner city. The regular military also oversees all of our importing and exporting operations. It's too dangerous to send unarmed Sancturans out into the rest of the country. A quarter of them hate us. Another quarter don't hate us but are opportunistic just the same. Another quarter want to be like us, and the last quarter are waiting to see which side they want to be on. It's just too wild out there to not be prepared, and sadly this is the true bulk of Rex-Avaz's military might. We don't have a quarter of the numbers the Kigense or northern countries do, so we've got to be extra careful with how we operate. Don't rely on our generous goddess too much, and don't shoulder too much of the burden in keeping Sanctuary safe and secure for its citizens. Hwoo, listen to me, I am on a roll here, hahah.

Then another thought came and Haythem started right back up again. "You know, Nadya. I'm actually curious about where you came from. I thought my first time meeting one of the nomadic tribesman--women--would be a bit more ... I don't know how to say it. Begrudging? On the other hand. It's not like your people have anything or any reason to despise us. Your ancestors broke off from Lady Aisha and left to the north, not you yourselves."

Cathedral

"Well met, Major General. Yes, we were quite close. During one of his longer stays in the capital I would remain behind after sermons and attend his classes and scripture studies." the prince explained. He wouldn't admit it openly but reliving good memories like that in front of others was a bit embarrassing. "He always liked the idea of the next king of Ursium being a devout Wrathite. It's not as common as one might expect--or hope--, even with the Neviskotians beating down our doors every few decades. I will miss his lectures, even the ones aimed at correcting me."

"Indeed. We're truly lesser without him. As such, we ought to begin focusing on growing stronger as an order." Desmond chimed in.

"Aren't you the next one to lead the Order of Wrath, Disciple Langley? Will you be taking over soon?"

"If Archbishop Worthington has his way, the Order of Wrath will remain a headless fowl for at least another month." Desmond replied, hiding his disdain much better than he usually did.

"Hmm. Bishop Bradford trained you, yes? Then he put his faith and trust in you. So will I. An endorsement from the royal prince might not mean as much to the Archbishop as an endorsement from my father or mother, but I owe my support regardless."

"You are too kind, Milord. Thank you."

Nadya

"I was born in Kigen, been travelin' around Ursium recently. And yeah, my great-grandparents were originally from Rex-Avaz and the reason they left wasn't exactly clear. Maybe they didn't want to live under Aisha's thumb, maybe there wasn't room for them in Sanctuary like we saw with Asad and his crew. Doesn't seem fair to me that some folks get to live in Sanctuary while others are stuck outside...but no one said life was fair," she said with a shrug. "Not to incur the wrath of Aisha or anythin', but I can see why people outside might resent Sanctuarans. When you've got nothin' and other people have what you need...it can make you angry. Same thing happens up north too, which doesn't make nomads real popular with the Kigenese government. But we gotta do what we gotta do to survive, whether they like it or not."

Selene

The Prince supports our cause? He could be a worthy ally indeed... Selene pondered to herself while Desmond and Athrun talked. "Such wisdom bodes well for the future of Ursium, my prince. To end this war as quickly and decisively as possible we will require strong leadership- if Ursium can unite within itself, Neviskotia will be brought back into the fold without fail," she said firmly.

"It was not stupid! I... had my reasons for what I did. I do not think you will understand unless you have lived like I have. I am not looking to run in fear from you though... Also..." she lowered her voice a bit. "I know this should not matter, but... please do not mention I can not read common aloud! People may think it means I can not read at all! It is bad enough being thought of as a stone-banging hick, I do not want to have 'illiterate' added to that."

Sky

"Whatever it takes, huh? We Rexians all have that same stubborn streak. The Sancturans, the outsiders, the nomads, all of us. The Sancturans do whatever it takes to protect the peace and stability of Sanctuary, the outsiders do whatever it takes to carve out their existence in the desert, and the nomads doing the same up north. Our people do whatever we have to to make it in this world." Haythem realized. "Outsiders don't generally like to hear it but, the reason Sanctuary doesn't just welcome new residents with open arms is because the only difference between Sanctuary and the countries from the north is our level of control over domestic affairs. We're ruled by a goddess and she knows what she's doing. The disunity of the other countries is something she utterly despises and Sanctuary's her crown jewel. Spreading it out would corrupt the whole thing before long. Mmmm, just paraphrasing. Sancturans are taught this all throughout our schooling because it is vital that we understand why things are like this. I wish we could have Sanctuary spread out and welcome in every last Rexian out there, but if they aren't loyal to Aisha, who are they loyal to? Wealth? Ursium's notorious for that. Power? Neviskotia rings a bell. Some other diety? Ursium, Neviskotia, Kigen. They all have gods and none of them are willing to give them a helping hand in their lives ... not even a house call." Haythem explained. "Our goddess is here on earth with us. She's doing her best to give us the lives she believes we deserve. I keep imagining myself asking the outsiders 'Isn't that worth your loyalty? What else is out there? Who else is out there that deserves your fealty more than Lady Aisha?' But I'd probably get something thrown at me by the crowd trying to do a rally like that. Might convince a few people, but as a whole people are just ungrateful. Heck, even Sanctuary has some people like that, overly complacent, greedy, elitist, and so on ... but with so many on Aisha's side, we can keep everything in check." He rubbed the back of his neck before venturing on. "It's also a joy to have new people come along to build up Sanctuary's strength. The more people there are who support Lady Aisha, the fewer there are that don't, and every person brings us one step closer to an ideal world. It's a small step, but a vital one. Even if you didn't end up staying here with us ... it would ... be great if the nomads learned more about this ... more about our real goals, I mean." He began to break up into somewhat nervous speech patterns toward the end of it. He didn't think there was a proper way to ask Nadya to 'spread the gospel of Aisha' if she decided not to accept his offer.

Cathedral

"It is rather difficult to imagine the north completely repatriated, but it is a long term goal of mine, and a top priority ... among other things ..." he trailed off, thinking to some recent events. "The bandit problem is troubling, though I know it would be difficult to completely eradicate them as well."

"We do what we can." Desmond commented.

"Heheh. Well I try, but my father wasn't pleased to hear from my guards that I struck down several bandits during my travels. I understand his feelings, but these people are thieves and murderers. If I'm capable of putting them to the sword, I would rather do it myself, not send manhunters after them and hope for they're put to justice. The royal guard were the only ones with me also capable of putting up a fight, but it's difficult to convince them to do part time vigilante work." he said with a humored sigh.

"The curse of nobility and royalty." Desmond noted, crossing his arms and tilting his head a bit. It's a shame someone with such a strong sense of justice and such a strong will to act is in a position as his, though it will become a great boon to the nation when he succeeds the throne, so it will balance out one day as long as he avoids the corrupting forces of this world.

"Yes ..." the prince affirmed lowering his head a bit.

I didn't say it was stupid, I said th' onla way t' get me mad at ye would be t' do somethin' stupid... Guess that means she did somethin' stupid last time, but she's just gettin' annoyin' with th' not listenin' n' all... Gytha decided not to voice her thoughts on it what with how Robin was refusing to see how things actually happened, but there was nothing she could do about it any more than she already had. No need to antagonize the self-righteous archer further, though. "Don't talk about ye much anyway s' no need t' worry 'bout me goin' around tellin' people ye can't read Common," Gytha shrugged as she replied to Robin, "Well, me food's gettin' cold. Have a nice dinner." With that, she began eating her meal. It certainly was delicious. No wonder it's his favorite! I'm goin' t' have t' find out what this is called! Heharr!

Nadya

"Maybe people don't want to depend on some higher power to live their lives- there's somethin' to be said for doin' things yourself. If ya want Aisha's help, ya have to live by her rules, and maybe some folks don't care much for her rules. I know some ladies that would get pretty riled up if ya told em that they weren't allowed to fight," Nadya retorted.

"A life in Sanctuary could be easier for everyone...maybe a better plan than what I was goin' for. But I don't think everyone would just accept Aisha so easily...and people who don't treat Aisha as their savior don't seem to get very far. Without magic bird lady helpin' us out, your Captain woulda left us out there to die more likely than not," she said to Haythem, frowning a bit.

Selene

"Very courageous of you young prince, but your father may have a point. Your guards have sworn oaths to protect you, at the cost of their own lives if necessary. You are more important than the pursuit of justice of random vagabonds- every lost human life is a tragedy, but some must be sacrificed for the greater good. 'Twould be a great shame to lose such a noble young man who may guide Ursium to a brighter tomorrow," Selene said, bowing her head a little in the Prince's direction.

Haythem

"Yeah, Captain Mansur can be pretty harsh ... though maybe he won't be so hasty in the future. Not after what Lilith did to him. You're right, though, the only reason there are rebels and dissenters is because Lady Aisha won't allow differing religious beliefs or traditions. I guess there's just no convincing some people. Ah listen to me, getting depressed over this stuff. There's nothing people like us can do, so we have to just live our lives the best we can and try not to ruin anyone else's without a good reason.~" he quickly changed his tune, hoping to lighten the mood again.

Prince

"Well fortunately, Major General, I'm not as vulnerable as I may appear. I won't go recklessly risking my life, though. I know I'm more valuable to Ursium as an heir to the throne than as a warrior. Still, my guards won't be convincing me to turn a blind eye to the wrongs I find out in the world."

Nadya

"I don't think I've ruined anyone's life really...and if I did I probably did it for a good reason," Nadya said thoughtfully. "Say...what do people in Sanctuary think about dragons?" she asked, attempting to maintain a casual tone of voice despite the sudden change in conversation.

Selene

"Such a strong sense of justice is...refreshing to say the least," Selene responded to the prince. "Anyway, I will attempt to consolidate our forces as well Lord Desmond- we will need everyone we can get in the coming days I think. I wish you good luck with Worthington; I'd offer to argue on your behalf, but I really don't have much pull over the voice of the gods," she said, attempting to mask her disdain for the whole situation.

"Already tried that." replied Robin as she turned around to return to her dinner. The unspiced version of the food was far better, being weak enough for her to not end up running around like a dragon-woman screaming in pain. She wasn't quite sure how she felt about it until she finished the dinner, deciding she preferred a simple meat stew to this food.

As she returned to her room though, she felt a lot happier. She no longer had to watch her back and the bath had been relaxing. Even though the food had hurt her mouth and her apology felt humiliating, she generally felt... good. When she returned to her room, she quickly put her bow inside the room before stepping out to find a small, open, place where she lay down, gently humming a song as she relaxed, staring up into the sky above.

OOC: She's humming this:

Edited by Snowy_One

Haythem

"Dragons? Well, we're not extremists like the Ursians or the Neviskotians. We don't hunt down or enslave dragons. The mountains north of Sanctuary have plenty of dragons. They keep their distance, and we keep ours. I'm not sure why, but they have always been a bit standoffish with us. People who try to pass through the mountains often get killed, or so they say. Sancturans don't go that far north, so it's all hearsay about outsiders. Personally, I've never met a dragon, so I don't know what to think, but if they're anything like Isis here, then they can't be all that bad." he noted, giving Isis a pat on the back of the neck.

Athrun and Desmond

"Very well. I'll ... find a way to convince the Archbishop." Desmond replied.

"... I'll accompany you, Disciple Langley. Major General Alexakis, it was pleasure."

I suppose a member of the royal family might have more sway with Worthington than anyone from any of the four orders would. This may indeed help us get back on our feet. Desmond thought to himself, deciding to not try to talk the prince out of helping him.

Meeting Continues

After several minutes of arguing that contained unusual amounts of revelation not yet due, Aisha brought the argument to its main point. She wanted a piece of the fire emblem. Lilith was torn between the inherent advantage an additional piece provided and her distrust for the vasili who explicitly seek them. When it became clear to Raquel that it wasn't the piece Lilith held but her own that was being negotiated over, she spoke up. "Hey wait! Don't I have a say in this?!"

"Technically no. You aren't strong enough to stop even a single one of her soldiers, let alone her, so if it came to blows I would be the only thing in the way, so that makes it my say. Anyway ... try to remember that you wouldn't be losing your piece, only another part of it." Lilith explained.

"You broke it in half, last time! If you break it in half again ... I don't know, what if it gets weaker? What if I get all ... worn out again? What if it stops working?"

"Stops working? You aren't using the fire emblem as a power source, Raquel. It's dumping ridiculous amounts of power into your body that you can't use. Breaking it down further can only slow the process. It could even buy you some time."

"It ... just ... feels wrong, somehow." Raquel muttered with her head down.

"Please pardon my interruption, but ... will this issue be resolved soon? If not, there are more important matters." Lulu spoke up.

"More important?" Both Lilith and Aisha said this in unison, turning their attention toward the High Priestess.

"Well, maybe not to Miss Lilith, but to us. Milady, we received a report not long ago that the Tide are closing in on Sanctuary. The officers probably want to find and kill them all but I have an alternative that could work ... if you'll allow it, that is."

"Go on." Aisha instructed.

"Let's send in a team to find them and destroy their supplies. If they are this close, then there is no way for them to make it to any other settlements if their supplies are destroyed. If we send a large force, some will escape, and they'll know where to find Sanctuary before long no matter what we do. If we send in a small team, just a few people, they can destroy their supplies and force them to surrender to us."

Aisha slowly formed a small grin. "Make it so. Also, send Amon as well."

His name was mentioned? "Huh?"

She looked him dead in the eyes causing him to blush. "You are not the same. Use this opportunity to become familiar with your new strength, and remember, your goal is to destroy ruin their food and water. Unless your life is on the line, you are not to kill anyone." she explained.

"A-alright, your highness."

"I see you found the uniform I left for you. It was to reward you when you returned. I left your room the way it was, though, and had everyone else do the same." Lulu teased.

"I'm really sorry, I was in a big hurry and couldn't find everything I needed for the mission."

"Well as long as my point wasn't lost on you ..." she replied with a smile.

"You're sending him? Just him? Or do you have any others in mind?" Lilith inquired, making it the situation her business as usual.

Lulu glared at her and replied "We can't take that risk. We'll send in two or three others. Where's Haythem? He can fly them out there so they can arrive in as short a time as possible."

"He's ... courting." Amon answered vaguely.

"Ugh."

"So, does this sort of thing happen often? People randomly finding Sanctuary?" Lilith asked.

Aisha immediately shook her head. "I lost my focus the moment you people arrived in Rex-Avaz and several extremely large gaps formed in several regions throughout the country. It is my fault; I've grown too ... complacent with events in the world ... and your arrival was quite the shock."

"Oh, so I'm not going to be taking the blame for this, then? Lovely."

I guess I'm invisible? Eh who cares. Nationalist bitch anyway, don't need her. Finishing her meal in peace, Aneda took this time to ponder what she was doing. It's not every day you happen upon a place as absurdly rich as Sanctuary. Some might call it a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Staring at nothing in particular, she got lost in thought, eventually landing on one thing. A few stray hairs in her eye got annoying and she brushed them away, making her smile. "Of course..." Hair dye! This place seems full of crazy frivolous luxuries, so there's a nice chance they'll be all like "Yeah we got like a million colors for ya" and stuff! Uncertain what to do with her now empty plate, she looked around and power walked out of the room, finding what she assumed, again, was a servant, politely inquiring, "Hi there, sorry to bother you, being so intrusive and all of that... I have what maaaaaay be a strange question. Do you all have like... hair dyes? If you don't, it's fine! I'm just a bit... Hm... Eccentric I guess? I don't know, but still!" Hands clasped, Aneda had on an almost pleading look, mouth opened ever so slightly in anticipation of an answer.

Some Generic With Information

Once Aneda's invisibility wore off, the man she approached noticed her and smiled. "Eccentric? Yes, we have hair dyes that you are more than welcome to use. I can speak with one of the maidens and have the supplies brought straight here. What color will you be dying your hair?" he asked, seeming genuinely curious.

Having finished her food, Sophia exited the dining hall. At this point there isn't much else to do, but to sleep I guess. She thought. And she then made her way back to her room.

-----

John was currently lying on the room's bed, one leg halfway outside, hands on the back of his head. Now that he had finished eating, he was just there, staring at the ceiling.

<A chance to sleep on a bed huh.> He was thinking. <It's been days since the last time. These past days were such a contrast from being able to head back from Kigen succeeding on our mission and the festival.> He then shifted his view towards the room's window. <I wonder what happened back at the fort. Obviously at this point the fight is long over. I guess if anything it's good we also got separated from the Wrathites as well. But I'm sure even now they're still waiting for us to come back, heh.>