3rd Gen Pokemon draft.:Hoenn time.

MacLovin

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping for one more in particular. I feel the same as you, but can we just pick and get it over with please?

I'll take...

Feebas, just for the sake of picking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Found a plusle. Okay. At the lavaridge gym, about to wtfpwn Flannery. This getting ridiculously easy.

Plusle lvl 28

Lombre lvl 28

Delcat lvl 34

Beatif lvl 28

Swampe lvl 37

Coming soon: Vulpix

everyone else (aka Illumise and Sableye): shoved in the daycare. If they're somehow better than one of my unbenched team members later on (beautifly or declatty ahem) then they get admitted for endgame.

Found a plusle. Okay. At the lavaridge gym, about to wtfpwn Flannery. This getting ridiculously easy.

Plusle lvl 28

Lombre lvl 28

Delcat lvl 34

Beatif lvl 28

Swampe lvl 37

Coming soon: Vulpix

everyone else (aka Illumise and Sableye): shoved in the daycare. If they're somehow better than one of my unbenched team members later on (beautifly or declatty ahem) then they get admitted for endgame.

An update at long last. Also, I haven't forgotten: I'm just too caught up with some of my other games (namely, Arc Rise Fantasia, Hexyz Force, and Luminous Arc, among others), and as of the time of posting, I'm not at the apartment where I usually stay these days.

Because I am a total idiot. I am only getting round to this now. I'll do my best.

I also noticed that my pick of Slugma wasn't recorded at all.

Chose Treecko (Thorn) for old times sake and owned Brendan to start the journey! I caught myself my Zigzagoon (April) and grinded on my way to petalburg.

I then breezed throught the forest, went past rusboro to catch my nincada (Nigel) and returned to face the gym.

Gym 1:

beat every gym trainer by using Nigel to open, then switching to Thorn and it was easy.

Then I lost to Roxanne so I decided to grind, which caused Thorn to evolve. Back to the gym!

VS Roxanne

1: Exp switch Nigel for Thorn

2: Absorb OHKO on geodude

3: Exp switch Nigel to thorn (again)

4: absorb in nosepass

5: See above

6: See above again (she healed)

7: exactly the same as 6

8: same as 4

9: Finally beat Nosepass

I then went to beat the crap out of the Magma grunt (yeah, I'm playing Ruby).

Next I did a little grinding in the woods and left for dewford town

Dewford town:

Went straight to the cave after getting the old rod (useless)

Delivered the letter and then did a lot of grinding! Also caught Aron (Ava)

Nigel beat the gym trainers and I decided to fight brawly at that point.

Vs Brawly:

Machop owned all of mine except Thorn, Thorn pwned makuhita. The end. To Slateport!

Slateport: Grinding!!

Caught Electrike (Thunderdog) and Nigel evolved. Full team!

Beat team magma noobs and continued grinding Thunderdog.

A little later I fought Brendan, watched Shroomish and Thunderdog go down, followed by seeing

everyone get owned by combusken except April and Nigel, who proved that he's a useful ninjask

by getting a lucky critical with cut to beat it. April finished off Wailmer and won the match, evolving in the process.

I then quickly went to Mauville.

Mauville:

Howl/Howl/Quick Attack OHKO'd Wally's ralts. Beat every gym trainer with Shedinja alone (no healing whatsoever) then took on Wattson

I started with Ava to beat Magnemite, then switched to Thunderdog against voltorb to bait selfdestruct. I misjudged the timing and switched to shedinja too early so I then changed to Ava. That's when selfdestruct happened and MISSED Ava!

Magneton appeared and confused Shedinja, causing it to faint itself. April managed to weaken Magneton before fainting and Nigel quickly lost. Thunderdog paralyzed magneton and Ava finished it with mud slap. Badge GET!

Got the Hms then went to Fiery Path and caught my Slugma (Alexander) then dicided to put Alexander in my team and take Shedinja out of it for now.

Current Stats:

In Party:
Pokemon    Nickname    Ability       Nature   M/F  Lvl  HP  Atk  Def SpA SpD  Spd   Move 1     Move 2       Move 3       Move 4        Item
Grovyle    Thorn       Overgrow      Rash      M   23   64  40   28  55  31   56    Pound      Pursuit      Absorb       Quick Attack  Miracle Seed
Linoone    April       Pickup        Docile    F   21   71  38   32  29  31   52    Tackle     Rock Smash   Tail Whip    Headbutt 
Ninjask    Nigel       Speed Boost   Mild      M   21   62  46   24  34  27   77    Scratch    Cut          Fury Cutter  Double Team
Aron       Ava         Rock Head     Quiet     F   22   62  38   56  28  29   22    Tackle     Metal Claw   Mud-Slap     Headbutt
Electrike  Thunderdog  Static        Quiet     M   21   54  27   23  38  23   29    Tackle     Spark        Quick Attack Howl 
Slugma     Alexander   Flame Body    Naughty   M   15   40  20   19  26  18   13    Yawn       Smog         Ember        Rock Throw
Box: 
Shedinja   Shedinja    Wonder Guard  Mild     N/A  22    1  44   23  24  18   25    Scratch    Cut          Fury Cutter  Double Team

Edited by Snivy

Hoo... It's been forever since my last update.

Started to head to Fortreee City, stopping at Mauville on the way. Talked to Wattson to start the quest to head to New Mauville. Stopped the generator, getting a Thunderstone and the TM for Thunderbolt for the trouble. Proceeded east toward Route 118, then went on to Route 119 and its impossibly tall grass. Wiped out Team Aqua's grunts using Breloom, with Skarmory helping. Afterwards, knocked Brendan aside without much trouble, and arrived at Fortree City. Healed up, then proceeded east to Route 120 (and even more super duper tall grass). Caught an Absol, though it took a fair number of tries before succeeding, even with it asleep. Afterwards, chatted with Steven and defeated a Kecleon, getting the Devon Scope. Headed back to Fortree with the Gym in my sights.

Fortree Gym

Knocked aside the generic trainers without struggling (other than their Skarmories since my team, on teh whole, was ill suited to deal with them (besides Marshtomp).

Vs. Winona:

Started with Skarmory, who defated her lead Swablu without breaking a sweat, then used Absol to deal with Tropius... at least until it charged Solarbeam, then switched to Skarmory to take the hit and finish it off. Sent out Sandslash to battle Pelipper (which was a derp on my part, albeit one that still worked out, since she wasted her turns using Supersonic - and missing all of them). Used Marshtomp to battle her Skarmory, which led with a Sand Attack while I used Surf to attack. Another Sand-Attack meant knocking her Skarmory down wasn't going to be easy, since Surf kept missing... until it didn't, and Skarmory went down to a critical hit, leaving her with Altaria. Sent Skarmory out in response to attack with Steel Wing while Altaria used Dragonbreath, which paralyzed. Altaria started using Dragon Dance, though Skarmory ousted it before things could get out of hand. Feather Badge get!

Beat Flannery, beat Norman, beat Winona. Plusle is ridiculously good, and I picked up a level 28 Vulpix along the way, trained it up to flamethrower, then evolved it.

Plusle lvl 37

Lombre lvl 34

Delcatty lvl 35

Beatifly lvl 29

Swampert lvl 41

Ninetales lvl 36

Beautifly and Delcatty suck. Ninetales and Plusle <333333 They're pulling the useless poke's weight. Swampert makes this Haar'd mode. Lombre is just kind of...there. I'm sure she'll be better once she evolves though.

Right then:

I grinded a lot, then did the events with the meteorite and Thunderdog evolved. Then I went to lavaridge.

VS Flannery:

Ava and Nigel took out the first Slugma after Alexander fainted. April took out the other Slugma and Torkoal. That wasn't too hard.

BADGE GET!

I did a little grinding and returned to Petalburg where I went to the gym. Ava Solo'd the gym trainers then I replaced Nigel with Shedinja temperarily.

VS Norman:

Thunderdog and Ava took out the first Slaking,

Shedinja failed completely against the second Slaking (Stupid Bulbapedia says that his stronger one doesn't have faint attack) Then it OHKO'ed Ava a few turns later

when she missed with Iron Tail against Focus Punch. Alexander used Yawn then spent a few turns throwing rocks to defeat it.

I switched to Thorn against Vigoroth and he got OHKO'd by a critical hit. Alexander came in and did a bit of damage (Flame Body FTW) Then April managed to defeat it.

BADGE GET!!

I then instantly switched Shedinja back to Nigel. Then I taught April to Surf. Rushed throught The New Mauville subquest to get thunderbolt and then surfed away from Mauville. Collected the Good rod and Fished up Charile (Carvanha)

I moved Nigel into the PC to use Charlie. I taught Charlie Surm due to his total lack of Water type moves.

Two levels Later: MY new Sharpedo was ready to take all all that was thrown at it.

Current Stats:

In Party:
Pokemon    Nickname    Ability       Nature   M/F  Lvl  HP  Atk  Def SpA SpD  Spd   Move 1       Move 2       Move 3       Move 4        Item
Grovyle    Thorn       Overgrow      Rash      M   27   74  48   33  63  36   65    Secret Power Pursuit      Absorb       Quick Attack  Miracle Seed
Linoone    April       Pickup        Docile    F   29   95  52   44  39  42   71    Surf         Rock Smash   Fury Swipes  Headbutt 
Aron       Ava         Rock Head     Quiet     F   30   81  52   76  39  38   30    Iron Tail    Metal Claw   Mud-Slap     Headbutt
Manectric  Thunderdog  Static        Quiet     M   28   87  52   41  75  41   62    Tackle       Spark        Quick Attack Howl 
Slugma     Alexander   Flame Body    Naughty   M   27   65  35   32  44  28   22    Yawn         Smog         Ember        Rock Throw
Sharpedo   Charlie     Rough Skin    Timid     M   30   86  73   35  66  30   73    Focus Energy Scary Face   Crunch       Surf
Box: 
Shedinja   Shedinja    Wonder Guard  Mild     N/A  22    1  44   23  24  18   25    Scratch      Cut          Fury Cutter  Double Team
Ninjask    Nigel       Speed Boost   Mild      M   27   77  61   30  44  33   97    Scratch      Cut          Fury Cutter  Double Team

This draft is non-competitive right? I just beat Wall-ass. Plusle thundered/bolted everyone but Whishcashy, which Ludi took care of.

Final levels:

Plusle lvl 57

Ludicolo lvl 51

Swampert lvl 58

Ninetales lvl 52

Delcatty lvl 35 benched

Beatifly lvl 32 benched

Is that it for this draft, then? I just wanted to finish this ASAP so I could make room for the Low Level Emerald draft.

This draft is non-competitive right? I just beat Wall-ass. Plusle thundered/bolted everyone but Whishcashy, which Ludi took care of.

Final levels:

Plusle lvl 57

Ludicolo lvl 51

Swampert lvl 58

Ninetales lvl 52

Delcatty lvl 35 benched

Beatifly lvl 32 benched

Is that it for this draft, then? I just wanted to finish this ASAP so I could make room for the Low Level Emerald draft.

What the- You're done already? Whoa.

Sup.

I switched from cart to emulator for handy screenshots.

So, I satrted, named my dude Wyatt, and picked the Mudkip.

Bases: Mudkipbase1.pngMudkipbase2.png

I beat May rather easily, and then got the Pokedex. On my way to Petalburg I caught a Poochyena.

Bases: Poochyenabase1.pngPoochyenabase2.png

And then got Wally a Ralts. I beat some trainers, and then took FOREVER trying to get a Wingull. Jeez.

But I got one.

Bases: Wingullbase1.pngWingullbase2.png

And after that I went through the woods, then beat Roxanne. Woohoo!

Stats after Roxanne:

Mudkiproxanne.pngPoochyenaroxanne.pngWingullroxanne.png

Alright, so I saved Peeko and beat up the Aqua Guy. Then I got Cut. After that I went to Dewford. Got Wingull to level 13 so now the Dewford Gym will be cake. But first I thought I'd go catch a Minun and train a little bit more.

Minun's bases: Minunbase1.pngMinunbase2.png

Edited by Knuckles

Sup.

I switched from cart to emulator for handy screenshots.

So, I satrted, named my dude Wyatt, and picked the Mudkip.

Bases: Mudkipbase1.pngMudkipbase2.png

I beat May rather easily, and then got the Pokedex. On my way to Petalburg I caught a Poochyena.

Bases: Poochyenabase1.pngPoochyenabase2.png

And then got Wally a Ralts. I beat some trainers, and then took FOREVER trying to get a Wingull. Jeez.

But I got one.

Bases: Wingullbase1.pngWingullbase2.png

And after that I went through the woods, then beat Roxanne. Woohoo!

Stats after Roxanne:

Mudkiproxanne.pngPoochyenaroxanne.pngWingullroxanne.png

Alright, so I saved Peeko and beat up the Aqua Guy. Then I got Cut. After that I went to Dewford. Got Wingull to level 13 so now the Dewford Gym will be cake. But first I thought I'd go catch a Minun and train a little bit more.

Minun's bases: Minunbase1.pngMinunbase2.png

And here I was thinking only CR-S01, chillacinogirl (or maybe I should address her as Snivy), and myself would be the only ones to finish this...

Incidentally, you don't know how long it took me to get a Shroomish (or at least one with an acceptable nature). Funny thing is, it only took me two tries before I got an Absol with a nature that was to my liking (Jolly).

Edited by Metal King Slime

Call me whichever, I don't mind.

Ava evolved at some point on my way toward the weather station.

I took out all the Magma members at the Weather station, then I easily beat Brendan (Good Riddance, I say,) And quickly reached the gym leader.

Vs Winona:

April Solo'd Swellow, Thunderdog OHKO'd Pelipper, Altaria beat the crap out of me. Rematch time!

Rematch:

April solo'd Swellow again, Thunderdog OHKO'd Pelipper again Charlie took a powered up EQ and dragonbreath before going down, manageing two crunches in return and Thunderdog took an EQ

like a Boss and Managed to Take altaria down with Spark. Alexander weakened Skarmory, burning it in the process. That burn helped Ava know it out after She hyper potioned it.

BADGE GET!

Grinded for a bit and Alexander evolved at last. I went to the Safari Zone and caught Matthew (Natu). I put Alexander in my PC since he's my highest level to train Matthew.

I gave the Exp Sare to Matthew to help him catch up to the rest of the team and taught him fly as soon as he evolved (one level later). Through grinding, Thorn also evolved. I then realised that when I was in the Safari Zone, I forgot to catch Phanpy, so I returned there and did so,

giving me my final pokemon, Jimmy. I put Thorn in the PC for a bit so I could train Jimmy. A level later, he evolved.

Current Stats:

In Party:
Pokemon    Nickname    Ability       Nature   M/F  Lvl  HP   Atk  Def SpA SpD  Spd   Move 1       Move 2       Move 3       Move 4        Item
Donphan    Jimmy       Sturdy        Calm      M   30   102  77   85  41  46   41    
Linoone    April       Pickup        Docile    F   35   115  62   52  48  50   90    Surf         Rock Smash   Fury Swipes  Headbutt 
Lairon     Ava         Rock Head     Quiet     F   34   98   72   113 51  50   43    Iron Tail    Metal Claw   Mud-Slap     Headbutt
Manectric  Thunderdog  Static        Quiet     M   35   107  66   50  94  51   81    Tackle       Spark        Quick Attack Howl          King's Rock
Xatu       Matthew     Early Bird    Modest    M   28   74   43   51  67  47   60    Peck         Leer         Night Shade  Fly           Exp.Share
Sharpedo   Charlie     Rough Skin    Timid     M   34   97   82   40  75  33   86    Crunch       Surf         Slash        Scary Face
Box: 
Shedinja   Shedinja    Wonder Guard  Mild     N/A  22    1   44   23  24  18   25    Scratch      Cut          Fury Cutter  Double Team
Ninjask    Nigel       Speed Boost   Mild      M   27   77   61   30  44  33   97    Scratch      Cut          Fury Cutter  Double Team
Magcargo   Alexander   Flame Body    Naughty   M   38   98   35   104 72  66   46    Yawn         Smog         Ember        Rock Throw
Sceptile   Thorn       Overgrow      Rash      M   36   111  77   58  101 61   107   Secret Power Leaf Blade   Absorb       Quick Attack  Miracle Seed

Call me whichever, I don't mind.

Ava evolved at some point on my way toward the weather station.

I took out all the Magma members at the Weather station, then I easily beat Brendan (Good Riddance, I say,) And quickly reached the gym leader.

Vs Winona:

April Solo'd Swellow, Thunderdog OHKO'd Pelipper, Altaria beat the crap out of me. Rematch time!

Rematch:

April solo'd Swellow again, Thunderdog OHKO'd Pelipper again Charlie took a powered up EQ and dragonbreath before going down, manageing two crunches in return and Thunderdog took an EQ

like a Boss and Managed to Take altaria down with Spark. Alexander weakened Skarmory, burning it in the process. That burn helped Ava know it out after She hyper potioned it.

BADGE GET!

Grinded for a bit and Alexander evolved at last. I went to the Safari Zone and caught Matthew (Natu). I put Alexander in my PC since he's my highest level to train Matthew.

I gave the Exp Sare to Matthew to help him catch up to the rest of the team and taught him fly as soon as he evolved (one level later). Through grinding, Thorn also evolved. I then realised that when I was in the Safari Zone, I forgot to catch Phanpy, so I returned there and did so,

giving me my final pokemon, Jimmy. I put Thorn in the PC for a bit so I could train Jimmy. A level later, he evolved.

Alrighty.

Sounds like that Earthquake Altaria threw you for a loop. As I said, it was Skarmory that was more-or-less the bane of my existence, what with only one Pokemon that wasn't ill suited to battling it (Bellossom's quad resisted, and everyone else is physically oriented).

Also, I can't help but feel you got shafted nature wise with most of your catches...

Natures don't worry me. I'm not very good with that side of the game.

I just realised that it would have been much easier if I had used Magcargo in the gym.

Edited by Snivy

So, I just bet Brawly. Minun and Wingull were a blessing combined. I had to paralyze Makuhita. Time to go to Slateport!

Stats after the gym:

MudkipBrawly.pngPoochyenaBrawly.pngWingullBrawly.pngMinunBrawly.png