The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

the UI and general slow nature for old games is unfortunately usually the hardest part of going back to older games

but hell, i managed with gaiden

if you can find people to play diabolo 2 with - it's always more fun with other people if possible

hell i'll play it again. i'm pretty sure i already sold my soul to it

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Chen said:

Use ublock instead of ad block plus because ad block has a thing where ad companies can ask them to not block their ads

microsoft is probably just hacking your computer

still can't sell xbox ones B)

The subject of narrative-heavy titles was preceded by a discussion on a possible Netflix for video games, or a similar subscription service that offers more long-term game support, something Spencer and Shannon Loftis, Xbox’s first-party publishing GM, have been considering for quite some time.

“I’ve looked at things like Netflix and HBO, where great content has been created because there’s this subscription model,” Spencer stated. “Shannon Loftis and I are thinking a lot about, well, could we put story-based games into the Xbox Game Pass business model because you have a subscription going? It would mean you wouldn’t have to deliver the whole game in one month; you could develop and deliver the game as it goes.”

“The audience for those big story-driven games… I won’t say it isn’t as large, but they’re not as consistent,” Spencer began. “You’ll have things like Zelda or Horizon: Zero Dawn that’ll come out, and they’ll do really well, but they don’t have the same impact that they used to have, because the big service-based games are capturing such a large amount of the audience.”

Spencer singled out Sony’s first-party studios as a big producer of these games. And while he admitted that “they’re good at them,” he noted that the titles have “become more rare.” Ultimately, Spencer stated he feels “it’s a difficult business decision” for those making such games because they’re “fighting into more headwind.”

However, it isn’t as though Spencer isn’t a fan of games with immersive stories. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. Spencer expressed his love for Inside and Thimbleweed Park, stated he hopes narrative-heavy titles can thrive moving forward. “As an industry, I want to make sure both narrative-driven single-player games and service-based games have the opportunity to succeed. I think that’s critical for us,” Spencer said.

Edited by Tryhard