• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

if i want to get into a higher level class i need the approval of the teacher, am i supposed to show him a program i've made or something?

but i feel like dropping this basic bitch class because i'd rather not waste my time """learning how to type"""

has been touch typing since primary school and the age of like, ten

had long lessons in later years of primary school and throughout high school on basic computer things

it was bad

Edited by Tryhard

in high school?

I only had a class called "computing" and while we can pick classes after our third year I actually wanted to do a computing class. I couldn't even do the highest level of qualification in high school because no teacher in our high school could teach Advanced Higher lol

but we don't have SATs or APs

before 16 we couldn't pick classes, including forced religious teaching because I was in a Catholic school lol

Edited by Tryhard

> before 16 we couldn't pick classes

this is what happens when you're not in the LAND OF THE FREE

catholic school sounds like a shit. i went to one for testing though and it was sparkling clean compared to every other school i've been to though, how do catholics do it?

we have a AP class for computer science here but you need to get a recommendation from the teacher first, which probably requires you to take the class 3 times. tbh, i'm thinking of dropping this compsci class and doing my own makeshift java course

catholic school wasn't bad, it's not like they shoved religion everywhere like evangelicals or something

probably worth it tbh, there's good free online resources for learning to code, like codeacademy or codeschool (though I don't think the latter has Java)

edit: not sure if those are actually not paid tbh, but there is enough free resources out there

Edited by Tryhard

10 minutes ago, persona 2 wanker said:

> before 16 we couldn't pick classes

this is what happens when you're not in the LAND OF THE FREE

We aren't allowed to pick classes at all here in Brazil in middle or high school. Even our universities tend to be pretty rigid, with students picking the major before joining and with like 2/3 of the credits you need being mandatory classes.

2 hours ago, shezzy said:

At least it's not vulcanoes like Naples, Italy.

13 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

catholic school wasn't bad, it's not like they shoved religion everywhere like evangelicals or something

probably worth it tbh, there's good free online resources for learning to code, like codeacademy or codeschool (though I don't think the latter has Java)

edit: not sure if those are actually not paid tbh, but there is enough free resources out there

it doesnt seem like modern catholic schools are hardcore about religion, but im sure you guys still have some pretty strict regulations compared to public schools

my brother gave me his account for learning compsci (he's a compsci major) and it's paid, so i wont have too much trouble trying to find resources to learn

We aren't allowed to pick classes at all here in Brazil in middle or high school. Even our universities tend to be pretty rigid, with students picking the major before joining and with like 2/3 of the credits you need being mandatory classes.

wow, that sounds awful here you can pick most of your electives and even not take classes in your senior year to do an internship type of work. there's even shit like philosophy classes and fashion design

Awkward moment today. Scanning a bunch of flyers and brochures for the museum I volunteer for and I came across one for a child safey workshop featuring Jimmy Savile. Felt seriously messed up touching that.

15 minutes ago, persona 2 wanker said:

it doesnt seem like modern catholic schools are hardcore about religion, but im sure you guys still have some pretty strict regulations compared to public schools

my brother gave me his account for learning compsci (he's a compsci major) and it's paid, so i wont have too much trouble trying to find resources to learn

wow, that sounds awful here you can pick most of your electives and even not take classes in your senior year to do an internship type of work. there's even shit like philosophy classes and fashion design

it's a little different than the US since there could be teacher led prayer in the UK as it is a designated Christian country as compared to the US which is supposed to be a secular country in which that would be illegal. but yeah my grandparents are protestants so as long as they aren't enacting bitter schism war

the us is pretty fortunate when it comes to the non-rigidity of its education - the problem is that public schools and the education system still sucks

don't you know about jimmy savile over there

or is britbong things just britbong things

2 hours ago, Tryhard said:

it's a little different than the US since there could be teacher led prayer in the UK as it is a designated Christian country as compared to the US which is supposed to be a secular country in which that would be illegal. but yeah my grandparents are protestants so as long as they aren't enacting bitter schism war

the us is pretty fortunate when it comes to the non-rigidity of its education - the problem is that public schools and the education system still sucks

don't you know about jimmy savile over there

or is britbong things just britbong things

led prayer isnt too different than having to pledge to the flag every day in the morning (fortunately we don't do this in high school)

public schools have shit food and the teachers can be a RNG roulette and standardized testing is the norm but i guess this is the way it has to be when you're in a country like america tbh, you'd need a massive overhaul to really fix things

uh, i've heard of rich british people being kiddy fiddlers since it supposedly happens more than it should but a name like jimmy savile is too britbong for me