• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Saved for eternity

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Saved for eternity

i kinda realised why I like Bethesda games even though everyone is right about how many issues they have

I was trying to find out single player rpgs in which you really had an investment in your character and their progression, and there's very few of them like that. even if it isn't open world, those are games I'm very into like Diablo and you could argue Dark Souls is like that too. in depth character creation and a variety of paths is something that I value a lot.

it's actually why i liked how in depth morrowind and oblivion could be even though those games are old and have bad mechanics. they lessened a lot of customisation in skyrim and it became less interesting to me even though it played drastically better.

it's kinda why I actually do hope Elder Scrolls VI is like a modern game that's more like Morrowind but actually playable now even though I know they are going to fuck it up somehow. please bethesda

but it's not like anyone else is really making open world rpgs where character progression is the most important thing. most AAA western games coming out are action games with "skill trees". fug

Edited by Tryhard

they are good, but those are only published by bethesda and I was more talking about their rpgs

I like shooters, it's just I've been striving for more western rpgs to come out to give some competition to bethesda and they just really haven't. like dragon age is dead now too

at least divinity original sin 2 is good

edit: tbh people complain bethesda ruined doom and wolfenstein? who lol

Edited by Tryhard

i never even knew immersive sim was a genre until people started calling system shock 2 one

eef7772458.jpg

so i got my parents to buy oblivion for me on the ps3 back when it came out in like 2006 and I think i've played it like a total of 1 hour at most

we back eleven years later bois???

Edited by Tryhard

AD 2044 is... well, it's something else entirely. 

"Male civilization is on the verge of extinction. Genetic engineering has made human reproduction possible without the need for man's involvement. Women have decided to fight their final battle and to shape the world the way they want it," the game description states. "But if that's not enough, women have a new laser weapon which kills only men, and the few remaining men are being turned into 'she clones' in the bionic clinics. And there's more, a rebel feminist has stolen a supply of warheads and intents to start a global nuclear war." 

And you, as "the last remaining normal male," must "avoid these female superpowers [and] reverse their domination." 

it's free on GOG.com for the next two days guys

(it came out in 1991)

Edited by Tryhard