• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Chen said:

This depends on what you consider a conspiracy theory - I've been written off as paranoid simply for listening to the Andrew Klavan and Ben Shapiro Shows. Something I've heard people throw the 'conspiracy theory' label onto so they can blow people off as nutjobs that I believe is that Obama intentionally was the worst President we've ever had in an attempt to sell us to the Muslims(please please PLEASE do not even attempt to talk to me about whether he was the worst President we've ever had, I will ignore whoever does so). Also, while I don't believe all school shootings were falsified, I very much lean towards the theory that at least some if not all of the major school shootings were orchestrated by our own government in an attempt to get us to push Gun Control for them so they don't have to do as much work. I also take issue with the news media acting as though we've had all kinds of these deadly shootings when several of the shootings they're claiming happened were hardly as horrible as the handful of actually deadly shootings we've had, such as one where a guy used a gun to kill himself in his car in a school parking lot - technically a school shooting, yes, and horrible, yes, but is it in the same league as psychopaths(or brainwashed minions depending on which camp you subscribe to) walking into a school and just gunning down whoever got in their line of sight, no matter their age? Anyways, the mainstream media's actions regarding school shootings I find suspicious, and though I'm not the only one who believes they're only pushing their own agenda and not actually recording the pure facts like they're SUPPOSED to do, I find a surprising number of people who seem to think the average TV News Station is completely trustworthy.

I feel like I've seen this before, but I can't quite put my finger on it....

I started following the 2meirl4meirl subreddit and at first was like haha this is funny such a self deprecating sense of humor haha

then i realized most of it was serious

then i was like well fuck i need to get the fuck out of here this is making me feel bad

Edited by Nobody

51 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I started following the 2meirl4meirl subreddit and at first was like haha this is funny such a self deprecating sense of humor haha

then i realized most of it was serious

then i was like well fuck i need to get the fuck out of here this is making me feel bad

that's what i've been referencing whenever i've said it

me reading 2meirl4meirl is 2meirl4meirl

white supremacy is an ideology that attracts a lot of disillusioned or downtrodden people that can't find any worth in anything other than their skin color imo

the article was an interesting read nonetheless

Edited by Tryhard

Yeah man, FE is just..... groan. I'm actually trying to find reasons to keep it. I got Leif, and most of the characters I wanted for my FE dream team, I'm pretty much done with it at this point.

Ironic how I find FE more suffering to play than the eternally, still mutating, strand of cancer known as FFBE 

today i saw someone irl with a "bolsonaro presidente" tshirt.

we're still 6 months away from an election. How much of a tool does one have to be to wear that?

Just the thought of that piece of trash winning makes me want to die

Spoiler

One week ago

Afterwards, most people said that they had been very lucky. Lucky that the man had been unarmed … lucky that he had climbed onto the stage at such a position as to be caught in one of the spotlights … and lucky that Makoto Kikuchi had happened to be standing by the entrance from backstage, so that she had been able to intercept him half-way and incapacitate him with a few of her karate moves.

But while this was perhaps true, those who said it did not know what the experience had done to Chihaya Kisaragi.

As she always did on stage, Chihaya put all of her heart into her solo number that night. But just as the final chorus was approaching, she spotted movement out of the corner of her eye, and before she had the chance to do anything more than to turn in that direction, there was an unknown man up on the stage, rushing towards her. How he could have got past the security separating the audience from the performers, she did not have time to consider. Indeed, the only thing she managed to do was to abruptly stop her singing and stand there staring in horror, completely paralysed.

Because to Chihaya’s mind, it was not only some potentially maniacal fan coming at her. No, it was the devastation of all the hopes and dreams that she had so painstakingly built up during her time as an idol singer employed by 765 Production.

As if from far away, disconnected from herself, she could see Makoto rushing forward, using all her agility to stop the intruder—and though her friend and colleague eventually managed to detain the man, Chihaya did not feel any relief. Instead, she numbly turned towards the audience in front of the stage and looked down at them.

In a completely irrational act, she actually tried to see their faces—to look into their eyes and somehow be able to spot … something. Something that she was desperate to find.

But of course this turned out to be futile, her only reward being some vague impressions of the discontented crowd stirring in the darkness below. Instead, the bright spotlights still directed at her started to intrude somehow on the edges of her vision, and suddenly all her mind could make out was a mass of jeering voices, threatening to overpower her senses. Voices belonging to people who did not care at all about her songs, who only wanted her to fulfil their need for casual, momentary entertainment, who only wanted her for her looks, for her body, for her…

Letting out a loud, frightened gasp, Chihaya swayed where she stood, her knees buckling, and she would surely have toppled to the floor if not for the fact that Kotori Otonashi had just then rushed out onto the stage and managed to reach her in time.

And inside Chihaya's mind, something very nearly broke.

It’s not supposed to be like this, she thought despairingly as she was led off the stage by her friend. How can I ever go on, if it’s always going to be like this?

Now

“Ne, ne, Chihaya-san? You’ll come along and hang out with Miki, won’t you? It’s better if you forget what happened and just try to relax,” Miki Hoshii said cheerfully, as she came up beside Chihaya and took her by the arm.

“No fair, Miki-san! I was going to bring Chihaya-chan to see a movie or something. I thought you were going to go with Makoto.” This from Haruka Amami, who stood at Chihaya’s other side, pulling lightly on the sleeve of the taller girl’s jacket.

“She’s coming too, of course,” Miki replied. “Right, Makoto-kun?” she then asked loudly, turning her head in the direction of the trio of sofas in the agency office lounge.

“Aa… Sou dana…” Makoto replied non-committingly, throwing a darting glance at Yukiho Hagiwara who was sitting beside her.

“You want to go with me, right? Chihaya-chan?” Haruka begged. However, just as a by now very frustrated Chihaya thought that she was finally going to have a say in all this, the door to the producer’s office opened and Ritsuko Akizuki stepped out.

“Ah, Chihaya-san. We need to talk to you as soon as possible, since we really have to decide whether we should press charges against your assailant,” she declared, as she too moved up to where Chihaya was standing.

When Chihaya did not answer immediately, Ritsuko stepped closer to her and put an arm around her shoulders. “I only want what’s best for you, Chihaya, you know that. But there is the potential publicity to consider too, I’m afraid.” Although Chihaya knew that it was necessary to think like that, she felt how Ritsuko’s last comment only added to the indefinable sense of pressure she was feeling inside herself.

“Ara, Ritsuko-san! Producer-san, promised me that he and I were to go shopping this afternoon,” Azusa Miura put in from her place on one of the sofas.

“Ano…” Ritsuko began hesitatingly, and Chihaya felt more and more like she was somehow trapped among the others.

And as if this were not enough, the very next moment the front door opened and Iori Minase entered from outside. “Chihaya, it’s good that you’re here. My father will pay us a visit in a few hours to discuss the new insurance policy and the possible increase in security costs. I want you to say what you think must be done to keep something like that from happening again.” Iori came up behind Chihaya, giving her a slight prod in the back with a finger.

“I want Chihaya to see me and Producer first,” Ritsuko stated firmly.

“Can’t it wait?” Iori demanded, annoyed.

“Datte…” Miki pouted. “Miki was hoping that we would hit the town.”

“No, we were going to see a movie,” Haruka complained in protest.

And suddenly Chihaya could feel how her pulse began to race, her face heating up noticeably and her forehead starting to break sweat. Meanwhile, the others continued their bickering, every now and then tugging on one of her arms, or prodding her from the front or from behind.

“Yamete!” she finally cried out in a shrill voice, forcibly shrugging herself free from her friends.

“Yamete kudasai,” she begged again, much more softly this time, as she brought up her hands to rub at her eyes, which were now stinging slightly from the tears threatening to spill out.

“I can’t do this now,” she continued, her back turned towards the others. “I… I just need to be alone for a while. Gomennasai.” She then started to move down the corridor with long steps, before quickly disappearing into the room she used as her own at the agency. More than a little dumbfounded, the rest of the girls just stood or sat there, feeling very guilty.

There was, however, one other person who had watched it all happen, all the while peeking out from behind the not completely closed door of one of the other rooms, further down the corridor.