• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

At least Dumb and Dumber is funny.

This is funny too, but in a bad way. We are talking about the two leaders of the two biggest nations in the Western Hemisphere here.

At least they like each other, so that means we should not have any diplomatic fuck ups.

5 minutes ago, Яei Яei said:

Is Cowboy Bebop crucial to the plot?

I haven't really seen the videos in full (they're each like about 3-4 hours long, so they cover quite a few scenarios each), but I would think so. Usually most debuting series have center stage in their debut game.

Maybe moreso now. Daitarn not having much to do in SRW3 other than being one of your best units kinda hurts me to this day (not like he had a big role in SRW4 despite Don Sauzer and Kurosu being big villains)

I would consider Daitarn as the exception. To be fair, SRW3 barely incorporated the plots of its series in favor of the "Keep fighting the DC, and now the Inspectors". Then again, for the Classicverse, it was more focus on its original plotline than the anime plots themselves. At least until 4/F/FF. Despite also being debuting series, likewise Combattler V and Reideen had almost nothing as well in 3. Though its true that with Daitarn it tends to be included without a whole lot of its plot doing the same.

---

I'd say, unless by pretty much a miracle it happens otherwise...

This is one of the things that will bug me for the rest of my life... add the other "lost" episodes to it, but this one in particular is at the front of the list.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I would consider Daitarn as the exception. To be fair, SRW3 barely incorporated the plots of its series in favor of the "Keep fighting the DC, and now the Inspectors". Then again, for the Classicverse, it was more focus on its original plotline than the anime plots themselves. At least until 4/F/FF. Despite also being debuting series, likewise Combattler V and Reideen had almost nothing as well in 3. Though its true that with Daitarn it tends to be included without a whole lot of its plot doing the same.

---

I'd say, unless by pretty much a miracle it happens otherwise...

This is one of the things that will bug me for the rest of my life... add the other "lost" episodes to it, but this one in particular is at the front of the list.

SRW3 is very much the UC Gundam timeline compiled with some hints of other shows and original content. It's a cool experience, though. What impresses me about Daitarn is that he's usually THE good guy, despite not being the protagonist. He's smart, has money, has connections, is a strategist... basically he's the most consistent leader figure in the entire series, which is really fucking dope.

Oh lord the lost episode rabbit hole... Not gonna lie, the video kinda scared me with the song and the imagery. Plus the grainy footage. SBT has been doing a fine job of unearthing old footage, so who knows? Maybe we'll get to see the third part?

26 minutes ago, Яei Яei said:

SRW3 is very much the UC Gundam timeline compiled with some hints of other shows and original content. It's a cool experience, though. What impresses me about Daitarn is that he's usually THE good guy, despite not being the protagonist. He's smart, has money, has connections, is a strategist... basically he's the most consistent leader figure in the entire series, which is really fucking dope.

Oh lord the lost episode rabbit hole... Not gonna lie, the video kinda scared me with the song and the imagery. Plus the grainy footage. SBT has been doing a fine job of unearthing old footage, so who knows? Maybe we'll get to see the third part?

I suppose that couldn't be helped since of the Big 3, Gundam was the most, well, human driven, so they could become the rank and file DC grunts and generals and stuff. Like how 2 has Iron Mask Carozzo as the one in charge of Last Batallion. Or how in 3 the Zabis took over after Bian died. Still, not many actual Gundam plot points happen. Not before 4/F/FF at least. I suppose that's probably why Daitarn was included often back then, to explain how the heroes could remain operational most of the time then, hahahaha.

I guess it depends. Chespirito stuff didn't aired in Brazil until quite a bit later from their original transmissions, so anything "lost" by then it's unlikely you guys have it. I put lost in quotations since it's likely the footage of them still exists, but they simply refuse to air it anymore. Then again, the chance still exist some may truly be lost. More frustrating for me, I know some episodes (either of Chavo or Chapulin) are only "lost" in Hispanic America, but not in Brazil.

At the very least, Chespirito reusing the plots ensures there's at least some version of the lost ones we can still see. Like how the Pirates trilogy has a different version made in 1982, and likely the only way we can guess how the original's Part 3 would've gone. Though even then it's not perfect. I know one plotline that was used for an episode in 1971/1972, then reused in 1974, then again in 1976... and all three are lost. All of them! It's like... how does that even happens!

Wasn't Londo Bell also a reason why they even existed at all, too? I guess I need to replay the original timeline and wait for the SRW4 translation patch, because there are some plot points that I kinda missed. Although I do remember many Gundam/Zeta Gundam plot points being used. The early parts of SRW3 were basically rehashes of those two series, plus some occasional ZZ/Stardust Memories thrown in.

I remember not long ago SBT suffering from massive rains which caused floods and affected their tape libraries. Maybe that's why they are "lost" episodes, although some of them are constantly resurfacing (to this day, even). Chaves is still a massive draw, to the point where it air on two channels now, one being in cable. Such a household name.

Also, didn't they shoot similar episodes with different lineups? I remember distinctively something like that where Quico was replaced with Ñoño or something to that effect. Is that correct?

big yikes

7 hours ago, Яei Яei said:

Wasn't Londo Bell also a reason why they even existed at all, too? I guess I need to replay the original timeline and wait for the SRW4 translation patch, because there are some plot points that I kinda missed. Although I do remember many Gundam/Zeta Gundam plot points being used. The early parts of SRW3 were basically rehashes of those two series, plus some occasional ZZ/Stardust Memories thrown in.

I remember not long ago SBT suffering from massive rains which caused floods and affected their tape libraries. Maybe that's why they are "lost" episodes, although some of them are constantly resurfacing (to this day, even). Chaves is still a massive draw, to the point where it air on two channels now, one being in cable. Such a household name.

Also, didn't they shoot similar episodes with different lineups? I remember distinctively something like that where Quico was replaced with Ñoño or something to that effect. Is that correct?

Who exactly, the hero group? Yeah, back when UC Gundam had consistant appearances the entire hero group would be under the Londo Bell umbrella. If Banjou was a consistant leader figure, Bright was THE leader. Though if I recall correctly in the Classicverse LB is only stablished in 3, not in 2. Hence why I mentioned not many. Or big ones at least. Like, you still have something like Gato stealing the GP-02, but his story is more about "Guys, we must be fighting the aliens Bian warned us about!" to the point he goes rogue from DC and actually joins you in one of the three ending routes. In fact, I think I remember that in 3, if anyone wanted to do a Colony Drop, it was the Inspectors.

Over here many people bring up the 1985 earthquake for thinking our TV station HQ's lost stuff. Though I think some still suspect otherwise.

That's what I meant about reusing plots. Though as I also mentioned, sometimes, all versions of the same plot can end up lost. The one I talked about is this one:

All versions are lost. The only thing you can watch are two Chespirito sketches from the 1980's that reuse the plot elements, but an entire episode with the full plotline? Nope, no way to watch them nowadays. Except for the fragments in the clip show episode of 1974 of the version form the same year. The other versions are fully "lost", however.

cool, channers are threatening to attack UFRGS, while someone who tried to fraud the affirmative action system wants to gun down one of UFMG's buildings

good times we live in

the truth: people, including them, don't want to have children because children are little devils, and as pressure for people to have children decreases, they won't.

no "replacement" conspiracy whatsoever

It depends on the blend, I suppose.

For me it's just a random choice if I add honey to them or leave them as is for the teas I drink.