• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, shezzy said:

Honestly I don’t know why they warned us all about weed and pre marital sex in high school the kids who did that ended up being way more well adjusted

But i thought you were well adjusted shezzy

Yeah that makes perfect sense

"liberating" (with about uh, 50 million air quotes)

therefore, liberal

I just got ptsd flashbacks to my ap gov class when our teacher gave us a packet with a bunch of issues, and he wanted us to pick between the "liberal" or "conservative" option for each

one of which included "foreign policy" 

because, you know, there's only one of two possible choices you can have on EVERY INTERNATIONAL ISSUE EVER

okay loser ramble over

2 minutes ago, Edgelord said:

I'm kind of surprised that Lula actually got done for corruption

He's been playing with fire for too long

corruptions schemes involving him have been revealed since 2005. Him getting arrested is well deserved.

3 minutes ago, shezzy said:

Brazil politics posting >>> fe heroes

Those are the only two things i can think about now

16 minutes ago, Nobody said:

He's been playing with fire for too long

corruptions schemes involving him have been revealed since 2005. Him getting arrested is well deserved.

but would you prefer him go free if that meant he was more likely to win against bolsonaro?

from what I heard about his actual governance, people (generally) have good things to say about it; i don't know how true that is

like obviously there's dilma and everything that follows but from what I understood Lula actually attempted to give a shit about lower classes despite being a corrupt fuck

Edited by Edgelord

3 minutes ago, Edgelord said:

but would you prefer him go free if that meant he was more likely to win against bolsonaro?

from what I heard about his actual governance, people (generally) have good things to say about it; i don't know how true that is

No, I would not. His superiority complex and peresecution complex means he'd screw the judiciary. He's too dirty, and if he got elected, the country would explode. Haddad is the person from PT replacing him and he's less bad anyway, but the anti democratic narrative of PT pretending they're being persecuted despite the fact that politicians from several other parties have been arrested (today a candidate leading polls for the senate in Parana from PSDB -a rival party of PT- was arrested for exemple) and them being also involved in corruption schemes is extremely dangerous. They're also still going on pretending the Impeachment of dilma was a coup despite the fact that it's clearly writen on the brazilian constitution that what she did (approving new expenses without the approval of congress) is forbidden. They will do anything to portray themselves as the victims and never admit any wrong, despite Dilma driving the country to its worst inflation ever. Also, Lula going against Bolsonaro wouldn't take votes from the later. If anything it would only drive the anti PT crowd even more energetic. 35-40% of Brazil adores Lula and would vote for him even if he shot someone on the Paulista Avenue, but the test of the country despises him. I mean, do you think having a president that 60% of the country wants in jail, and who is a convicted criminal would work right?

bolsonaro is very likely to lose on the second round to anyone else, though. This poll I posted was the first one in which he was close to others, and happened just after the stabbing. Yesterday, another one done the same day was released and he was losing on the second rounds with much bigger margins.

my dream candidate is Marina, but it seems like she won't make it to the second round. Ciro has big chances. I don't really like him, but whatever, he winning would still be okay. My hope is that Haddad don't surpass Ciro. I'll vote for anyone that isn't Bolsonaro on the second round, but PT winning would be really bad because the country would get even more chaotic and divided.

it's a really weird election where Bolsonaro has 25% of the votes, 4 people have around 10% and whoever ends up in second place will probably become president.

20 minutes ago, Edgelord said:

like obviously there's dilma and everything that follows but from what I understood Lula actually attempted to give a shit about lower classes despite being a corrupt fuck

His first presidency was good. He had an extremely competent finance minister (who is now in jail, because, guess what, he was also corrupt :V), but the second one already started the bad policies that drove the country to misery.