The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

What are Bolsonaro's policies, anyway? 

Like, I get he's social conservative and shit on that front, and has fond memories of a military junta which is never good, but is his economics protectionist or just kind of run-of-the-mill conservative?

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Edgelord said:

What are Bolsonaro's policies, anyway? 

Like, I get he's social conservative and shit on that front, and has fond memories of a military junta which is never good, but is his economics protectionist or just kind of run-of-the-mill conservative?

He's an economic protectionist who is now pretending to be an economic liberal in order to get votes of the traditional right.

You see, protectionism is already huge in Brazil. The Militar rule was extremely protectionist, and so was Dilma's government. In fact, Geisel and Dilma had very similar economic plans, which were both terrible for the country.

You remember that quote in which he said he wanted FHC to be executed, right? He said that because of his privatizations. He also voted against the Real plan, which ended hyperinflation in Brazil, for being a "ortodox" economic plan, back in 94.

But now, he's trying to get the market and people who are against Dilma's economisc policies on his side by pretending to be pro free trade, pro market and stuff like that.

He actually legits claims to know nothing about economics. He has apointed a Chicago university economist, Paulo Guedes, as his advisor, and says he will leave everything economics to him. But then when said economist said he'd bring back a very unpopular tax, Bolsonaro said he wouldn't allow it.

You can see how "well" this will go lol

Like, he thinks economics isn't, in his words, "that important". Whenever asked about anything economics, he says "a president doesn't have to know everything. Ask Paulo Guedes instead".

This is in a country in a terribly dire economic situation. WE ARE TRULY BEYOND FUCKED

reminds me of Trump's "I'll learn everything when I'm in office."

went about as well, too

though I'm not really that surprised. It did seem like he was primarily concerned with crime and terrible social policies.

Though you'd be surprised how many people I've seen that claim "he's not homophobic, he just doesn't want homosexuality being taught in schools" lmao

6 minutes ago, Edgelord said:

Though you'd be surprised how many people I've seen that claim "he's not homophobic, he just doesn't want homosexuality being taught in schools" lmao

2/3 of his supporters say this. The other 1/3 are open homophobes.

I legit don't know where this fear of homosexuality being taught in schools came from. I studied in a fucking catholic elementary/middle school and turned out gay. Yet brazilians are fucking terrified of "gender ideology", whatever that is

31 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Like, he thinks economics isn't, in his words, "that important". Whenever asked about anything economics, he says "a president doesn't have to know everything. Ask Paulo Guedes instead".

This is in a country in a terribly dire economic situation. WE ARE TRULY BEYOND FUCKED

and yet the stock market reacts posiitvely to the possibility of him winning 

9 minutes ago, Pull My Devil Trigger said:

and yet the stock market reacts posiitvely to the possibility of him winning 

they really, really, really, really, really hate PT

Analysts are expecting stock soar and then, after a while, crash if Bolsonaro is elected

They reacted well to him getting stabbed, too. Stock markets are sadistic.

But other than what was already said about the economic policies, he really doesn't have much to offer, which is fucking insane. 

The only points I can remember were distance education and gun licence. Both terrible ideas within the brazilian context.

Other than that, it's just regular "God above all, Brazil above all", cult of personality-like bullshit. He positions himself as this sort of immaculate outsider who is on "a mission from God", so you can imagine I am super fucking stoked to have tropical nazism in this country.

@Nobody Tô ligado na questão dos votos válidos. O problema, no meu caso, é que gerei uma neura tão pesada nesses últimos dias, que não ia conseguir votar em qualquer um sem ficar estressado pra cacete. Tá beirando à paranoia, infelizmente - ainda mais conhecendo o eleitorado dele...

Edited by Яei Яei

Just now, shezzy said:

Are you guys going to end up invading Florida or something

please spare me :(

Well we kinda are already? Pan-thumpers are going to Miami on quite the considerable scale, to run away from communism

7 minutes ago, Edgelord said:

have you considered leaving brazil, nobody?

No, I'm not the sort of person who likes taking risks or doing more than what's easily given to me. I always wanted a boring, easy life without pushing for a lot, and my current financial situation is very fine, really, so I have no reason to leave.

Anxiety would also sort of make it hard for me to live in a foreign country. I told myself I didn't take part in the public exchange program back in university because it was a "waste of public money", but the real reason was anxiety. Whenever I travel abroad, my anxiety gets even worse than usual, and despite enjoying travelling, I always feel relieved when back in Brazil.

And despite everything, I really like this country. Not in a patriotic way, I'm the first one to talk about all its problems, to complain about it, to be disappointed with it, but I do really like this place, and don't see myself ever living anywhere else. I think it's easier for me to move to the countryside and become a farmer, isolated from everething (and I truly love the central brazil countryside) rather than leaving the country.

Edited by Nobody

Nobody is good. More or less what I feel about the country (although I'm not yet on a financially independent level, though slowly working to get there).

12 minutes ago, shezzy said:

extremely low culture suburbia full of strip malls with awful food

8 minutes ago, shezzy said:

Oh yeah and we have Disney too

brazilian middle class' paradise

well, it's not like there's a systematic killing of the people in favelas by the hands of brutal police officers who often don't face any sort of backlash already

12 hours ago, Nobody said:

No, I'm not the sort of person who likes taking risks or doing more than what's easily given to me. I always wanted a boring, easy life without pushing for a lot, and my current financial situation is very fine, really, so I have no reason to leave.

Anxiety would also sort of make it hard for me to live in a foreign country. I told myself I didn't take part in the public exchange program back in university because it was a "waste of public money", but the real reason was anxiety. Whenever I travel abroad, my anxiety gets even worse than usual, and despite enjoying travelling, I always feel relieved when back in Brazil.

And despite everything, I really like this country. Not in a patriotic way, I'm the first one to talk about all its problems, to complain about it, to be disappointed with it, but I do really like this place, and don't see myself ever living anywhere else. I think it's easier for me to move to the countryside and become a farmer, isolated from everething (and I truly love the central brazil countryside) rather than leaving the country.

I'd like to think all that as well but I'd be having some doubts if a proto-fascist was elected.

That, and I suppose I've talked to Polish and Romanian guys who left their countries of origin and only go back once a year or so. They said it felt the same to begin with but they eventually adapted to their emigration country.