• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Яei Яei said:

in my case once i went to a public school, a lot of people from my previous school started looking down on me, as i often visited that place to see my few friends.

even teachers said some shit to me which is fucking weird now that i think about it

Even the teachers? I had heard that the Brazilians are classist, but Jesus 

6 minutes ago, Яei Яei said:

in my case once i went to a public school, a lot of people from my previous school started looking down on me, as i often visited that place to see my few friends.

even teachers said some shit to me which is fucking weird now that i think about it

Shit, that's fucked up. I heard a similar story from someone who is also from the countryside of Sao Paulo. She said one of her teachers downright told her she'd never be able to study in an university.

6 minutes ago, Яei Яei said:

also really curious as to what politician we're talking about

I'd rather not say it, honestly. Tbh that person was going through a lot of shit back then, and I really think I shouldn't judge people for how they acted in middle school, even if I cross the street if i see someone who studied with me in middle school nowadays. 

but tbh avoiding people who you sort of know is the norm rather than the exception here in brasilia.

3 minutes ago, ChefGuevara said:

Even the teachers? I had heard that the Brazilians are classist, but Jesus 

It wasn't as explicit and some that I knew beforehand were really welcoming, but others were rather unpleasant, to say the least.

2 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Shit, that's fucked up. I heard a similar story from someone who is also from the countryside of Sao Paulo. She said one of her teachers downright told her she'd never be able to study in an university.

I'd rather not say it, honestly. Tbh that person was going through a lot of shit back then, and I really think I shouldn't judge people for how they acted in middle school, even if I cross the street if i see someone who studied with me in middle school nowadays. 

but tbh avoiding people who you sort of know is the norm rather than the exception here in brasilia.

The countryside, specially my hometown, is ultra fucking reactionary. I use to say that Rio Claro advances 5 years in 50, and I don't think many people could argue otherwise.

That's fair.

I don't really know much about the peculiarities of BSB's social interactions, although the last time I went there (just last year) was traumatic due to that exact reason: someone avoiding you at all costs.

At least I managed to get really drunk at Pier 21 without spending much.

3 minutes ago, Яei Яei said:

I don't really know much about the peculiarities of BSB's social interactions, although the last time I went there (just last year) was traumatic due to that exact reason: someone avoiding you at all costs.

At least I managed to get really drunk at Pier 21 without spending much.

Just the same stereotype as Curitiba, people are cold, don't talk to strangers, etc.

hah, i wonder how you managed to do that, I haven't been to pier in a while, but i remember it being expensive, like most stuff around lago paranoa is.

2 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Just the same stereotype as Curitiba, people are cold, don't talk to strangers, etc.

hah, i wonder how you managed to do that, I haven't been to pier in a while, but i remember it being expensive, like most stuff around lago paranoa is.

I *think* it was at Detroit Steakhouse. They had a wonderful happy hour discount there, where a good ammount of drinks came in double. Couple that with the fact their shots were at a reasonable price, it was really easy to get some alcohol-induced happiness.

fucking lol

i'm a member of a professional wrestling discussion board, and i usually post my weekly threads with "wrestling programming from x day to y day - bolsonaro is a dummy"

some loser started sayin "why do you always write your threads like this? respect democracy!"

2 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Talk about irony.

Wait a sec, "bobo" in Portuguese means "dumb?" Correct me if I'm wrong..

It's more along the lines of "silly", but it could be "dumb" as well.

Ain't that nifty. In Filipino, "bobo" translates to "dumb" as well.

So I can call Duterte "bobo", although DuTae (italicized portion means "shit") seems more appropriate...