The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

The Ys 7 experience

TheYs7experience.jpg

I seriously need that S-Craft rate increase because these boss fights are getting ridiculous.

My strategy right now is just mash A as Aisha because range.

Does this trope come to mind?

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

OParrow to victory

I wouldn't call it, OP Aisha just has the fastest attack output which is why i'm using her for boss fights. I just wish these bosses would go down way faster because i timed some of them and it takes up to like 12 minutes. I still have fun with the game but the boss fights are definitily the biggest mark against it which is why this game is at "decent" tier for me right now.

Just now, Shadow Mir said:

Does this trope come to mind?

Nah, the bosses themselves aren't super hard, they just take way too long to die. It's been like this since the first boss of the game.

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I still have fun with the game but the boss fights are definitily the biggest mark against it which is why this game is at "decent" tier for me right now.

A small warning then: Leave like a hour for the final boss. It's a 4 parter, while first part takes like 5 minutes, every other takes 10-20 minutes

7 hours ago, Caster said:

Also what map exactly do I need to off Shigen in/before? You can be specific.
I just want to make sure I don't end up missing it.

Chapter 23 is the last one. But the very last battle you can kill him at is the Forbidden Bridge (which I think counts as a forced skirmish and not a chapter itself). A bridge you can't cross b/c it's broken, Holmes makes an inserted joke of the old fan name being "Sealed Bridge". If the enemies seem too weak, use Katri's Fierce Breath to kill Shigen with friendly fire, and of course, don't make the Dullahan his currently equipped sword, but it's fine to leave it in his inventory.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

A small warning then: Leave like a hour for the final boss. It's a 4 parter, while first part takes like 5 minutes, every other takes 10-20 minutes

I'm turning on cheats.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm turning on cheats.

xD

Imo, Final boss in Ys 7 is pretty fun, especially since you get to

Spoiler

Adol Solo in the last part like in old Ys.

Ys 7 is one of the better designed final bosses in the series (nothing compared to Oath/Origin though)

Wait until you meet Sponge of Life in Ys 8. One of the reasons i didn't give Ys 8 a 10/10.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I'm turning on cheats.

On that timely note: Celestial Alps, find a class rank item in the area of the Red Flower, you probably want to make the trek back to use the item because it allows for 9 cards to be used in one turn. Make sure you have some time available before walking into the abandoned house, boss weakness of the day is Light.

When is Celestial Alps? It's the last mandatory place before the final dungeon. So not for a loooooong time.

--

Because my rotating wallpaper of the day is the Monolith 20th Anniversary hero ensemble one, I decided to play some Soma Bringer. Plot is starting to move, Adonis and his three comrades who I guess shed their humanity to become Guardian Somas gives me a shady villainous group to work against. But, looks like the heroes are also working for a shady dude in Master Laban, they ain't being subtle with it for the player, but Laban isn't showing the heroes themselves his scheming nature the way Amalthus could exude his. And the Religious Office is corrupt too, but they're definitely insignificant small fry compared to Adonis and Laban.

Also, it seems Visitors aren't entirely wild beasts. One of them became a gigantic sand tornado, and it's suggested it only appeared because humans set foot in a mausoleum that wasn't supposed to be disturbed. The Visitor was serving as a loyal protector.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Not sure how old this is, but Nintendo Everything pointed out this tweet:

Not too long ago, director Yasuyuki Honne reflected on the game, and more specifically, one of the game’s Japanese advert. Honne said Nintendo “was extremely happy that we were making a GameCube exclusive RPG for them, and without even knowing what the game was about, they made a teaser commercial”.

Honne’s full tweet:

“There’s one thing that’s really surprised me over the past 20 years: the first commercial for Baten Kaitos. Nintendo was extremely happy that we were making a GameCube exclusive RPG for them, and without even knowing what the game was about, they made a teaser commercial featuring a bunch of guys as blacksmiths to represent how we were vigorously making this game. I remember the tagline being, ‘Namco’s making an RPG with all their might.'”

This is the Japanese commercial:

I have no idea what anything said means.

Started my no-Blade run of Xenoblade 2. Though i haven't actually gotten that far, i mean, i don't even have Pyra yet.

Also the default movement speed caught me off guard because i had all the movement buffs on my main save and i was so used to it.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On that timely note: Celestial Alps, find a class rank item in the area of the Red Flower, you probably want to make the trek back to use the item because it allows for 9 cards to be used in one turn. Make sure you have some time available before walking into the abandoned house, boss weakness of the day is Light.

When is Celestial Alps? It's the last mandatory place before the final dungeon. So not for a loooooong time.

I take it that the class rank item is for everyone?

Got a hold of nostalgia, so I decided to start a new playthrough of Ace Combat 04.

Man, it had been a long time. A very long time. Made it to Mission 5 so far. Other than the starting Phantom II, I've bought the Fighting Falcon. Though for the ground target heavy Mission 5, I'm sticking to UGBS than buying the XAGM.

Pft, I pretty much blitzed Mission 6. Even when using a Thunderbolt II. Last minutes was dogfighting. Still shot down a few. Made it to over 7000 points in score.

Okay, I'm stopping there for now.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I take it that the class rank item is for everyone?

Nope, only one character.

Everyone else gets an optional "character dungeon" at the end of the game after the Alps, you'll find their final class rank items for 9 card combos in those locations. The game I recall tells you/drops a good nudge in the right direction as to where each of these dungeons are, and they're not at all difficult.

However, Lyude's dungeon ceases to exist once completed. Completion being killing all the enemies, for they don't respawn, and then returning to the center room to queue up the boss. So be sure you get the Jasper Gem, it should be in plain sight, his dungeon isn't esoteric.

---

Making a laundry list of XX Augments to slay the Endbringer, as I've read online. Since the Yggralith Global Nemesis should be returning for the first time months and I should farm all the Tickets I can get from it.:

Spoiler

For the 5 Skell Armor Augment slots:

SpecUp.ETHER-RES * 4

• Because Telethia mostly uses Ether attacks. This gives me 120 Res with the Ares 90, I apparently need the extra 20 because it can inflict Ether Res Down.
    • 20 Opaque Mirrors
    • 20 Red Milsaadi Hoods
    • 20 Gold Ceto Membranes

Already got the Membranes, Hoods and Mirrors should be super easy to get too.

1 Resist.SLEEP or TOPPLE Augment. 

• I can't block both because I need all that Ether Res, but neither is hard to make. And the Ether Res makes being disabled harmless.

For the Skell Weapons and their 12 Augment slots total:

1 Reflect.NEG-ETHER and 1 Reflect.NEG-THERMAL

• Telethia can reflect, and I don't want to go kaboom because of my own attacks. These are extremely easy to craft.
  • I could skip the NEG-THERMAL, because Avatara Missiles are weak by comparison to Agni and Aghasura, but in case I forget to not use Avatara, I'll use it.

Custom.WP-Atk * 2

• These go on the Aghasura Cannon to increase its damage output by 80%, this is my main weapon. I could make a third, but I have a free less than XX level one of these, which is fine, since apparently this boost caps at 100%.
    • 32 Quality Giant Cells
    • 32 Visigel Poison Orbs
    • 32 Silver Cantor Teeth

After these, my weapon augment options are open, but, I'm thinking:

Custom.WP-SPEED * 2

• These, alongside a weaker third I got from some wreckage or the like, will go the Agni Gatling. This will be a precaution in case I can't kill Endbringer before it deploys Soul Read for its massive amount of Decoys. This should cut through those guaranteed misses.
    • 24 Quality Fuses
    • 24 Spathi Glyphs
    • 24 White Yggralith Nuts

Will need thousands Tickets for the Nuts, for the lone dropper is the second strongest superboss. I think I have enough Spathis from trying to make levek 60 Skells, the Time Attack Neilnails infrequently give them.

Arts.GP * 3 (maybe 4)

• These would let me engage Skell Overdrive frequently, LEGION should make things better. For each Arts. GP, I need:
    • 32 White Mortifole Feathers
    • 32 Aeviter Star Wings
    • 32 Red Vigent Rock Scalps

These aren't hard to obtain individually, but the sheer quantities make me want to Ticket them.

Slayer.ULTRAFAUNA * 2

• Each of these adds 40% of my base damage value to Ultrafauna, the category of enemies exclusive to Telethia and Yggralith.
  • I need for each of these:
    • 5 White Forefex Shells
    • 5 Reverse Millepod Fins
    • 5 Deva Caladar's Red Ears

The Shells are easy, the Millepods I just finished farming. But the Caladar Ears only come from the Wrothian Time Attack battle, and they're far from guaranteed to drop, so I'll Ticket each of them, even though they're 210 a pop.

I could get rid of the Arts.GP and or the Custom.WP-SPEED and just use more Ultrafaunas instead. But I don't think I will.

And for the 3 Skell Frame Augment slots, I could use almost anything. These are the least important slots. I had enough resources to make 1 PositionDmg.ABOVE for its boost, so I did.

But, I'll fill my remaining slots with 2 PositionDmg.FRONT. These in total will require:

• 48 Cracked Bills
  • 48 Black Vigent Scalps.

A lot, but not so bad to obtain. I'll probably Ticket these though.

In addition, I intend to wear Skell Wear with Ranged Accuracy Drive in it to improve the Ares in that stat.

With a level 5 Synchrony skill, I have only 414 Ranged Accuracy on the Ares, the Telethia has 411 Evasion. 414 - 411 = 3% chance of hitting, well 5% b/c thats the minimum in XCX. I should get it to ~511 then.

If I have to make Ranged Accuracy Drive:

• 5 Appetizing Suid Tails
  • 5 R.B Units

The Tails are very easy, the R.B. Units come from a rare to spawn enemy, so I'll spend a cheap 450 Tickets for them. One Ranged Accuracy Drive XX + a less level of it embedded in the armor should suffice.

I'll try to get Melee Accuracy Drive too for Vajra Flail's accuracy, even if it is weak and I should focus on buffing Ranged. These call for different resourced from their Ranged versions, but are otherwise the in difficulty to obtain. So 450 Tickets + a real quick farm.

For Ranged Attack Drive, I need per Augment:

• 32 Appetizing Suid Tails
  • 12 Rainbow Carving Shards

The Neilnails give you the Shards, and they're inexpensive when it comes to Tickets too, but I already have enough.

Quite the farming record, even the Skell with the strongest base kit, needs a lot of assistance take down the strongest enemy in the game.

@Interdimensional Observer

Played from 14 to 20 and stopped at 20.
Not gonna lie, not the best day for this.
It was very half and half for me, I am not a big fan of Gaiden-esque maps with constantly spawning monsters. Some were fine (Chapter 19). But I just had a miserable time playing Chapter 16, and something 18. Although Zieg very much helped in me not feeling completely miserable in 18.

Chapter 16 is... definitely the worst chapter I have played so far.  I really can't say I'm a fan of swamp maps with constantly spawning Mogalls, was just frustrating, even if I never came close to dying.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nope, only one character.

Oh i meant, can i use it on anyone? Though i suppose the anwser to that is yes technically since everyone gets to class rank one final time.

@Shrimperor @DragonFlames

Is the Switch version of Fairy Fencer Advent Dark Force available digital only? 

Because I cannot find a hard copy of the Switch version. 

However the digital version seems to be more favorable than the PS4 version. 

Also I want that Lys card too despite I never ever cared for Cipher or what the name of the cards game is. 

Edited by Zemuria

1 minute ago, Zemuria said:

@Shrimperor @DragonFlames

Is the Switch version of Fairy Fencer Advent Dark Force available digital only? 

Because I cannot find a hard copy of the Switch version. 

However the digital version seems to be more favorable than the PS4 version. 

Not the ones you're asking but there's probably a reason why you can't find Fairy Fencer physically: because it's a niche JRPG. It's a common trend, physical copies may exist but good luck getting a hold of one. 

For example, I've only seen one physical copy of an Atelier game, Lydie & Suelle, and it was at a local game store. Which brings me to my next point, try local game stores instead of franchised ones if you want to find a physical copy of a niche game.

Or maybe Fairy Fencer really doesn't have a physical copy. But it still wouldn't hurt to try.

39 minutes ago, Caster said:

Chapter 16 is... definitely the worst chapter I have played so far.  I really can't say I'm a fan of swamp maps with constantly spawning Mogalls, was just frustrating, even if I never came close to dying.

Agreed, 16 is very bad. Definitely a massively low point in the game, you can't even use fliers b/c indoors to cross the swamp. I can understand not liking the Gaiden influence with the summoners, and Mermel Caves is hell by any FE's standards.

There are no more than four Arch Mogalls that exist outside of skirmishes I think. The third Arch Mogall is easy to kill too. The summoners will come and go, I don't remember many, if any, between the 2nd and 3rd reunions.

The Chapter 20 Arch Mogall sits on a chest in poison swamp with a Save Staff. Unless you really want that Save Staff, I'd say to ignore it and just head to the objective. Its spawn shouldn't really threaten you that much if you keep moving towards the goal.

I will tell you there is another poison swamp later, one that is even worse. How did Kaga do so objectively wrong with map design? But I will tell you if keep Attrom with Holmes after he meets with Runan again, you will obtain the answer to the poison marsh's return, the answer that shall make the pain go all away.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh i meant, can i use it on anyone? Though i suppose the anwser to that is yes technically since everyone gets to class rank one final time.

Nope, still locked to a certain character, as all class rank Magnus are. And everyone seems to have some sort of theme to their set, except Kalas.