• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Tfw everyone says FE16 is easy and you go get your ass kicked. First Reset Chapter 5. And Green units are still green units <.<. Freaking Gilbert goes and get's himself killed instead of retreating to my healer...

To be fair, chapter 5 is one of the harder chapters. Especially on Maddening, where you do NOT want to aggro the archers in the center, because you'll get caught up in a Zerg Rush that feels more like standing in the path of an avalanche (Gilbert is extremely likely to cause this if he isn't defeated by the reinforcements that come from behind you).

I showed Three Houses to my grandparents today. My grandma said that Sothis, Flayn, and Lysithea are pretty, and that Dimitri's hair looks like overcooked noodles.
Meanwhile, grandpa thinks Lorenz is so dumb it's hilarious. Unsurprisingly, when I asked them which house they'd like me to join, they said Golden Deer.

Also, i may not like Bernie as a Character, but damn if she isn't some Monster of a unit. She can one shot stuff... without doubling. Her Personal skill is crazy good.

Blessed Bernie is blessed.

Speaking of characters you like, who is your current favorite in the Black Eagles, if I may ask?

Kaga level ups aside, the game is actually quite challenging on Hard/Classic if you don't do non-Story/non-Paralogues battles.

The Kaga level ups may be because you're getting RNG screwed to heck and back again. The growth rates are actually pretty high.
He says as his Byleth gets Speed screwed four playthroughs in a row...

17 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Anyway, I'd snag Ingrid, Bernie, Dorothea, Petra, Annette and Mercedes.

So, a girls-only + Claude and Byleth run? Sounds interesting. I think I might do just that!

Edited by DragonFlames

You know I'm not interested in many thing coming out this year if I just ask for Mario Kart, a controller, and a Figma for christmas, lol.
I hope I get my figma, but Mario Kart will be nice to play. I've had an itch to play a new one for a while, so I guess I'm finally done being late.
I don't think anything will top Wii for my favorite online experience, but we'll see.

41 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

where you do NOT want to aggro the archers in the center, because you'll get caught up in a Zerg Rush that feels more like standing in the path of an avalanche (Gilbert is extremely likely to cause this if he isn't defeated by the reinforcements that come from behind you).

Yup, My units were getting squished from 3 sides because ia aggro'd the Archers with Bernie haha

Also, Mages with physical gambits is something truely evil xD

32 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

where you do NOT want to aggro the archers in the center, because you'll get caught up in a Zerg Rush that feels more like standing in the path of an avalanche (Gilbert is extremely likely to cause this if he isn't defeated by the reinforcements that come from behind you).

Character wise? Edelgard so far. I find myself agreeing alooooooooot with her, alot.

Hurbert, Ferdinand and Petra are also pretty cool.

Not fond of Bernie or Linhardt though

32 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The Kaga level ups may be because you're getting RNG screwed to heck and back again.

>Caspar get MAG
>Dorothea gets STR

Normal level ups for my units... 

<.<

22 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Character wise? Edelgard so far. I find myself agreeing alooooooooot with her, alot.

Same.

Hurbert, Ferdinand and Petra are also pretty cool.

Out of the Black Eagles, Petra is my favorite, character-wise.
Hubert is funny.
It took a while for me to warm up to him, but FERDINAND VON AEGIR is a pretty cool character, as well.

Not fond of Bernie or Linhardt though

Big, BIG agree. The guy's a creep.

>Caspar get MAG
>Dorothea gets STR

Normal level ups for my units... 

<.<

Mage Caspar hype! XD
Not gonna lie, Caspar sucks.
Dorothea is a weird unit. She has lower Magic growths than either Annette or Lysithea, but she gets the best spells by far.
Tiny Class spoilers!

And there's a class that excels in both Swords and Black Magic. Guess what Dorothea's strengths are?

Edited by DragonFlames

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

She's still in her beginner Class, and she's one of my blessed units yeah. However with her personal (+5 Atk when not full HP) and combat arts (Deadeye/Tempest Lance) she has like 36 atk xD

Yeah, that's definitly a blessing (especially since Deadeye is kinda ass)

44 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, Mages with physical gambits is something truely evil xD

That's actually a very valid strategy imo. Especially since Authority is such a pain to level up so giving mages physical gambits is very helpful.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's actually a very valid strategy imo.

it's what lead me to reset multipe times in ch5 xD

>puts Linhardt (16 res) in the range of 2 mages
>they hit with 2 Physical Gambits
>ded

Not fond of Bernie or Linhardt though

same here (in the beginning)

I do not like pre-timeskip Bernie and I do not like most of Linhardt's C supports.

However he gets better the higher the support rank is.

I really like his one with Lysithea.

As for Bernadetta she looks WAY better after timeskip and she also behaves WAY better.

In general all the females look better after timeskip with the exception of Petra and Ingrid.

I showed Three Houses to my grandparents today. My grandma said that Sothis, Flayn, and Lysithea are pretty, and that Dimitri's hair looks like overcooked noodles.
Meanwhile, grandpa thinks Lorenz is so dumb it's hilarious. Unsurprisingly, when I asked them which house they'd like me to join, they said Golden Deer.

I wished could show it to mine too... if I had them.

Anyways your grandpa is a good taste!

Edited by Zemuria

7 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

In general all the females look better after timeskip with the exception of Petra and Ingrid.

>Saying Petra doesn't look good after the timeskip

IMG_20190903_153201.jpg

Petra has one of the best timeskip designs, what do you mean she doesn't look better?

I agree with Ingrid looking worse after the timeskip though. Same for Mercedes. 

Edited by Armagon

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Tiny Class spoilers!

Reveal hidden contents

And there's a class that excels in both Swords and Black Magic. Guess what Dorothea's strengths are?

Which I would not recommend because to be honest, said class sucks.

Speaking of bad timeskip designs that make the character look worse... Edelgard. That hairdo. Just... why?

1 hour ago, Zemuria said:

Anyways your grandpa is a good taste!

That he does.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

>Saying Petra doesn't look good after the timeskip

IMG_20190903_153201.jpg

Petra has one of the best timeskip designs, what do you mean she doesn't look better?

Taste!

I like Petra's timeskip design, too.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Which I would not recommend because to be honest, said class sucks.

I'm well aware and I won't disagree.

Still, the animations look cool (Thoron looks like a freaking Kamehameha), as does the class itself, so I have no issue giving it to someone regardless of how bad it might be.

47 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm well aware and I won't disagree.

Hide contents

Still, the animations look cool (Thoron looks like a freaking Kamehameha), as does the class itself, so I have no issue giving it to someone regardless of how bad it might be.

I guess. The issue here is that most mages have spells that I would rather have double uses of (like Dorothea), or that you're coming from Assassin or Swordmaster, in which case you lose speed.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

That hairdo. Just... why?

gameofthrones_daenerys.jpg?w=780

TFW you couldn't kill DK because you forgot to equip Bernie with Knightkneeler...

She was the only one who wasn'T getting doubled by him, and with the Combat Art she would've made the way free for Byleth to kill him... :faceplam:

59 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

TFW you couldn't kill DK because you forgot to equip Bernie with Knightkneeler...

She was the only one who wasn'T getting doubled by him, and with the Combat Art she would've made the way free for Byleth to kill him... :faceplam:

Which mission was this? Also, just how good is your Bernie that she actually doesn't get doubled?

By the by, you know the Eagles have a branching path, do you not?

Edited by Shadow Mir

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I guess. The issue here is that most mages have spells that I would rather have double uses of (like Dorothea), or that you're coming from Assassin or Swordmaster, in which case you lose speed.

Both very true and very good points.

48 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

gameofthrones_daenerys.jpg?w=780

Makes sense.
I still prefer the long-hair look. Makes her look sort of like Arnice.

Wait...
Sothis is voiced by Tomoyo Kurosawa in the Japanese version, who also voices Christophorus, who, like Sothis, is an enigmatic girl whom you don't really know what to make of at first.
Edelgard has white hair and dresses in red like Arnice, protagonist of the original Nights of Azure.
Oh.
My.
God.

Fire Emblem Three Houses was Nights of Azure 3 all along!
I'm joking, of course.

50 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

> Not getting doubled by the DK.
> In a position to attack him safely with a combat art.
Wow. Your Bernie is busted.

25 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Which mission was this? Also, just how good is your Bernie that she actually doesn't get doubled?

19 SPD 14 STR + lvl 5 Battalion that gives +4ATK

And it was the rescue Flayn mission

And i know about the pranching routs 🙂

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Wow. Your Bernie is busted.

... i need to make a picture xD

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

... i need to make a picture xD

Please do!
Not that I don't believe you. I just haven't seen what a truly blessed Bernadetta looks like yet.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And it was the rescue Flayn mission

That map confused the heck out of me when I first played it. I had to improvise a lot because I underestimated the number of doors and chests it has.

---

Playing Golden Deer on Hard for the first time and Hilda just melts through EVERYTHING, while everyone else is struggling hard to even deal decent damage to stuff without risking death.
Lysithea is again getting stat-screwed to hell. Why. Is. That. Always. F***ing. Happening. To. ME?!?

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Please do!

tomorrow then because brother is satisfying his BOTW addicition atm.

Never have i seen him engrossed in a game that much. Never xD

I don't think he even played any non-sports/non-Party game since Pokemon 3rd gen xD

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Why. Is. That. Always. F***ing. Happening. To. ME?!?

Welcome to the #KagaLvlUps Club

Edited by Shrimperor

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

tomorrow then because brother is satisfying his BOTW addicition atm.

Never have i seen him engrossed in a game that much. Never xD

I don't think he even played any non-sports/non-Party game since Pokemon 3rd gen xD

Welcome to the dark side to your brother then. XD

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Welcome to the #KagaLvlUps Club

The hilarious part is that she has allegedly a 60% Magic and a 50% Speed growth and she has gained exactly ZERO in either of these since level one. Through much struggle and a crapton of me feeding kills to her, she now sits at level 6.
Meanwhile, Hilda had three perfect level ups, sits comfortably at level 10 at the beginning of Chapter 4 and I think she'll almost solo the rest of the game for me...
Meaning, and it's hard for me to say this, because I really do like my white-haired glass cannon mage: Hilda > Lysithea.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

The hilarious part is that she has allegedly a 60% Magic and a 50% Speed growth and she has gained exactly ZERO in either of these since level one. Through much struggle and a crapton of me feeding kills to her, she now sits at level 6.
Meanwhile, Hilda had three perfect level ups, sits comfortably at level 10 at the beginning of Chapter 4 and I think she'll almost solo the rest of the game for me...
Meaning, and it's hard for me to say this, because I really do like my white-haired glass cannon mage: Hilda > Lysithea.

Reminds me of Early Dorothea: STR STR STR
thankfully, she now got some perfect lvlups and she doubles stuff with fire now xD
Hubie too.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Reminds me of Early Dorothea: STR STR STR
thankfully, she now got some perfect lvlups and she doubles stuff with fire now xD
Hubie too.

Nice! Wait until you get her Reason rank higher. Dorothea can be a downright monster with her spells.

She gets Thoron, which has innate 3-range and she also gets Meteor, which does exactly what you remember it doing.

Hubert can be a beast, too. He has some durability issues, though.
His biggest issue is that he learns Dark Magic exclusively, so the regular Mage classes don't do much for him. And the Dark Mage and Dark Bishop classes are locked behind Dark Seals, which you can only get by killing/stealing from the DK. Which can be a pain in the nether regions if you don't have a Thief or an utterly busted unit.

Like Edelgard in my latest playthrough.

Edited by DragonFlames
edited because I spoiled too much