• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha remember when i said i was gonna play Tales of Berseria during the winter break? Well, turns out, that's getting postponed until further notice. You see, my Pro Controller refuses to work with the game. Looking at my devices, my Pro Controller inputs are spamming like crazy. The only reason i'm able to get it to work in other games and emulators is because there i'm able to register my controller as keyboard, so when i enter the inputs on my controller, my PC thinks i'm hitting the keyboard instead. 

However, i'm unable to get that to work with Tales of Berseria. It's not even giving me the chance to set it to keyboard (even though the option is there). And i refuse to play an action RPG with keyboard controls. My only option is to just buy a PS4 or Xbox 360 controller and use that instead. The only other option i've seen is pairing my controller with bluetooth and see if it that works but that's a pain in the ass. If you have a Switch Pro Controller, you know how damn small the sync button is, and how impossible it is to hold down for more than a few seconds. 

I've tried looking up my issue and seeing if there's any solutions and while i have found several other people with the same issues, i have yet to find any verified solutions.

Edited by Armagon

My sleep was really awkward since my favorite sportsman just has been sent to pension past evening. And this comes by someone who is hardly interested in sports overall. 

@Armagon

Same, I cannot play action RPGs with keyboard controls either. YsI and II sorta worked, but for Tokyo Xanadu I bought a keyboard. Actually it took me much time to figure out how to sync the controller to the game (thanks to Shrimperor btw). I am playing Berseria with a third party controller but I have no issues with it. However playing it will bring my laptop's battery from 100% to zero in about an hour. 

32 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

Same, I cannot play action RPGs with keyboard controls either. YsI and II sorta worked, but for Tokyo Xanadu I bought a keyboard

Oh I actually didn't know Xanadu was an Action RPG. I can easily see Ys I and II working with keyboard controls though, as those games are pretty simple. So simple that they have mobile ports.

Giving the Heim Scroll to Karen was godly. She got two pretty much perfect level ups in a row. Fricking Leif did not even strength with the Hezul Scroll. He is still disgusting.

Anyways chapter 4 is done, the hardest chapter in the game is coming up, and Leif only has ten Light Brand uses left...

THAT WAS EPIC!

Honestly, so epic. Freaking Golden deer though, gave me alot of trouble with their Seal skills and Hilda able to ORK 70% of my Army. And then they kick Dimitri's ass so much, they get stat boosts. Made me panic tbh xD.

Dimitri's dudes, except for Anette, went down like flies, since they got sandwhiched between mine and Claude's xD

Edited by Shrimperor

6 hours ago, Zemuria said:

Honestly the jingle is more memorable than Wario's quote. 

Absolutely loved the fail jingle in MP1, as classic as funny.

This game also introduced me into TheRunawayGuys.

I see. Anyway, that reminds me, once they were playing and the computer was set to hard, but constantly made terrible decisions, like dueling Jon for one coin after buying a Dueling Glove for ten coins. This made them wonder if the AI really was set to hard or if the game was broken.

@Armagon @DragonFlames @Shadow Mir Since people were interested, here's the Bernie
yCzodzH.jpg

She's been getting a bit STR screwed lately, but she gets speed every level. So fast, she now doubles non-Myrmidon enemies with Steel weapons (and probably them too) xD.

Edited by Shrimperor

52 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@Armagon @DragonFlames @Shadow Mir Since people were interested, here's the Bernie
yCzodzH.jpg

She's been getting a bit STR screwed lately, but she gets speed every level. So fast, she now doubles non-Myrmidon enemies with Steel weapons (and probably them too) xD.

That is one fast Bernie. I'd say go for Wyvern Rider/Lord after this.

59 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yCzodzH.jpg

Holy crap! That is one fast unit. 14 strength on level 17 isn't even that bad, tbh. I've seen much worse. *glares at Ferdinand and Ingrid*

Edited by DragonFlames

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'd say go for Wyvern Rider/Lord after this.

won't Axe lvl be a problem?

22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Holy crap! That is one fast unit. 14 strength on level 17 isn't even that bad, tbh. I've seen much worse. *glares at Ferdinand and Ingrid*

It isn't yeah, and honestly, her STR is average in my team. The only ones with high Atk stats are Dorothea and Hubert with their 25 Mag and Edelgard with 25 STR.

Byleth has 19 STR iirc (although he has been getting alot of speed), and Ferdinand also has 14 STR. Caspar has 16 and Petra 11 iirc.

However Benie's SPD is just alone above 20 xD

Edited by Shrimperor

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That is one fast Bernie. I'd say go for Wyvern Rider/Lord after this.

I'd imagine axe rank would be an issue, since she's weak in it...

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

7 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I'd imagine axe rank would be an issue, since she's weak in it...

Eh, as long as her flying rank is high enough, she could pass the test.

24 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It isn't yeah, and honestly, her STR is average in my team. The only ones with high Atk stats are Dorothea and Hubert with their 25 Mag and Edelgard with 25 STR.

Byleth has 19 STR iirc (although he has been getting alot of speed), and Ferdinand also has 14 STR. Caspar has 16 and Petra 11 iirc.

However Benie's SPD is just alone above 20 xD

What level/class is Petra that her strength is so low?

24 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That could indeed become a problem. I know I struggled to get her Sword rank to B when I made her an Assassin last time and I started training her in swords right at the beginning of the playthrough AND had New Game+ benefits on top of that. B axes isn't exactly easy to get, especially if you're weak in that skill. So unless you're willing to set her study goals to axes only, that Wyvern Rider will be a long time off.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Eh, as long as her flying rank is high enough, she could pass the test.

You still need a sizeable axe rank to have even a slight chance at passing it, though.
You need at least C+ rank in axes to even be eligible for the test. C-rank or below puts your chances below 30%, which the game will deny you.
If I'm not mistaken, that is.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

What level/class is Petra that her strength is so low?

15/Mercenary. Like all my dudes except the 3 mentioned she doesn't get str xD

She and Byleth have been getting purely SPD lvl ups xD

She kills stuff fast with effective weaponry though, and with Alert Stance + Axe Breaker she is hard to hit with Axes. Makes her good against Armor (which helped clear the mid way for me to take the ballista in the 3 way map). She basically your classic Myrmidon xD

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

15/Mercenary. Like all my dudes except the 3 mentioned she doesn't get str xD

She and Byleth have been getting purely SPD lvl ups xD

She kills stuff fast with effective weaponry though, and with Alert Stance + Axe Breaker she is hard to hit with Axes. Makes her good against Armor (which helped clear the mid way for me to take the ballista in the 3 way map). She basically your classic Myrmidon xD

Interesting, I usually use Petra the same way you did there. Hand her an Armorslayer and throw her at Armor Knights.

And I WISH my Byleth would get Speed. XD
In five playthroughs, Byleth was fast in exactly one of them. Every other one he was speed screwed to heck. My current one is no exception.

Edited by DragonFlames