The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

19 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Hey it's the Hilda i was facing today. 24 x 2 on most my units XD

You must have fallen in the DEATH WATER then.

9 hours ago, Zemuria said:

Also leveling Bernadetta's axe rank is a pain in the ass because she has a weakness. In my maddening run she couldn't even learn deathblow which was the skill she needed to become less useless. Though I'm assuming experience gain is higher in lower difficulties, so it might not become a big issue after all. 

Yes, weekly study gain is lower in harder difficulties (Hard has a malus on it relative to Normal, and Maddening has another malus on it compared to Hard). Which would mostly make getting Bernadetta into axe classes a lost cause.

20 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah so just spam instructor points on Bernie's axe rank. She's still gonna be using her bow and flying so those ranks will increase natrually. 

It's in the same way i got her to Assasin. Her bow rank is natraully increasing so i devoted all her isntructor points to her sword rank. 

In this case, as you're likely to have Byleth use swords, professor's expertise does make that much more feasible than getting her into Wyvern Lord.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

So here's a Wild speculation (Warning: Major Spoilers if right!)

Reveal hidden contents

Edelgard is the Flame Emperor
1. They both never appear at the same time
2. They both want to change Fodlan
3. ''Maybe some day they will reveal themselves to you without the Mask'' -Edelgart after the Village chapter

Don't tell me if i am right or wrong thx!

So you reached that chapter already? Nice!

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, Petra Str screwing about to end. She will get a whopping 7 STR upon promotion to Wyvern Knight xD

OOF.

21 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

She kills stuff fast with effective weaponry though, and with Alert Stance + Axe Breaker she is hard to hit with Axes. Makes her good against Armor (which helped clear the mid way for me to take the ballista in the 3 way map). She basically your classic Myrmidon xD

I'ma be honest - I never saw Alert Stance(+) as that great. Granted, the effects are nothing to sneeze at, but odds are I have something better to do than waste my turn.

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

Bold: and you wanna know why? For some bizarre reason Poppibuster's HtH counter includes the NG+ HtHs. Meaning if you want to 100% Poppibuster, you gotta play through NG+. I don't know why it is that way.

Anyway, regarding the rankings of the Blades

xenoblade-2-blades-1576461536.png?width=

Apart from S-tier, the list is unordered. 

I left out the spoilery Blades, as well as Shulk, Fiora and Elma as for those three, it's actually them and it wouldn't be fair. Haze is also left out because she wasn't on the list but she's A-tier. Poppibuster is weird cause like, Poppibuster isn't a character. I mean, i guess the mech has sentience but too little screentime to actually warrant ranking, and i don't think Poppibuster has any HtHs.

For the spoiler Blades

Reveal hidden contents

Nia is in S, behind Poppi. Ahkos is C, Patroka is F, Mikhail is B.

Edit: should probably add Jin and Malos as well as Minoth since they are Blades as well (even if Malos is the only one that isn't playable under any circumstance). Jin and Malos are S-tier, in front of Poppi (and specifically, Malos over Jin). Minoth is A-tier.

Interesting arrangement, I can understand it. I do find Perceval a little redundant with Perun, although she's more serious justice and he's kiddy (and the "blue flames!" HtH is kinda bad). I'm unsure of what to think of Gorg, but I agree Wulfric is good. 

For my arrangement of the spoilers:

Spoiler

I can agree with Nia. Patroka is kinda there as a female in Torna that isn't nominally Nia. I'm mixed on Mikhail. My feelings towards Jin are fairly mild. Akhos get an H.B. lookalike joke and is on the whole perhaps the best developed of the little Torna trio. Malos would probably be more A to me, but I can see S.

And yeah, one should leave the old Xenoblade trio out of this.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

On the subject of Blades, i made another tier-list ranking them purely on design (and like before, it's unordered)

my-image_13.png?width=574&height=400

I also made a version of this tier-list that includes spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

my-image_14.png?width=551&height=432

Jin, Malos, Haze and Minoth aren't on the list but all four of them are A-tier designs.

I'd move up Boreas myself, despite that weird "half-rabbit head sitting in a bird's nest". Although Merc Missions count him as humanoid, his design is far less humanoid than the rest and thats diverse to me. Finch too is weird, they look better in 2D than 3D, but I do like the avian look overall. Newt on the other hand gets a small boost going from 2D to 3D. And Dahlia and Nix are doomed either way.

On the costumes front, I bought a bunch of them, only the ones I really wanted b/c I didn't feel like grinding. Swinsuits for Rex and Nia, the Aveh eyepatchers for Zeke, Morag's Niall-inspired wear, and Buster Mode Tora. I was considering Zeke's swimsuit, but the tie kills it for me, why does he have it? I will say that:

Spoiler

Swimsuit Rex and Nia using Dromarch looks so thematically appropriate/fun when performing the level 4 special. It looks watery and playful.

By the way, the communications log in XCX that got discovered? An NPC said it was French and Japanese, though that could've been that BLADE's blind guess or casual phrasing for a foreign language they didn't understand (like the Shakespeare expression "it was Greek to me"). I'd be interested in knowing what the original Japanese script says here. NLA being New Los Angeles, a ship flying the American flag, the canon language regardless of game translation should be English I expect.

What would a Japanese-French ship be? New Tokyo or New Paris? New Parikyo? New French Polynesia? Not that there has to be a city based on a real life one in the ark ship.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I'ma be honest - I never saw Alert Stance(+) as that great. Granted, the effects are nothing to sneeze at, but odds are I have something better to do than waste my turn.

Why risk getting hit on a counter if you attack on player phase if you can almost guarantee dodging everything if you just wait and let the enemy come to attack you? was probably the mentality behind that skill.
And it works. For my playstyle, at least. Of course, if you slaughter everything on Player Phase, then it's a different story, but I feel like sometimes, it's better to have the enemy approach you than the other way around. And it helps greatly to get your fliers to kill siege weapon users (Blue Lions says hi!) without getting them injured too much on their way there.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

OOF.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

That's horrible.

it's all better now xD

With Wyvern she has 21 STR lmao. Even if i am keeping her in the current class (she almost mastered it), passing the test and unlocking Wyvern made her have 18 STR xD

Just keep Bernadetta a sniper and get her bow rank up
Encloser is good regardless of the unit 
And even if she's slow and has low attack Hunter's Volley can at least carry her to do some damage.
Bow Knight is good only if you have stats

I know nobody is going to listen to me anyways, so I don't know why I'm bothering.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I have her as a Peg though xD. I only unlocked Sniper to get Bonus STR.

Well, I guess that's fine. If you can somehow shove her into Wyvern rider+Lord it would probably work fine because wyverns are stupid in this game.

1 minute ago, Caster said:

Well, I guess that's fine. If you can somehow shove her into Wyvern rider+Lord it would probably work fine because wyverns are stupid in this game.

Petra is Wyvern. For Bernie Wyvern will be very hard due to her Axe weakness. And while yes, Falco needs Sword, Sword Expertise will help with that a bit 

8 minutes ago, Caster said:

Like stated, you'd need to put sizable investment in a weakness to even have a chance at making her a wyvern. Falco is easier because she needs much less investment in a weakness (C swords as opposed to A axes).

16 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Like stated, you'd need to put sizable investment in a weakness to even have a chance at making her a wyvern. Falco is easier because she needs much less investment in a weakness (C swords as opposed to A axes).

Well, obviously. I'm only really stating that I think wyvern is a better class. Falco is still fine. If she could somehow get into Wyvern Lord it would probably be better, but again, probably too much investment to be worth it.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Why risk getting hit on a counter if you attack on player phase if you can almost guarantee dodging everything if you just wait and let the enemy come to attack you? was probably the mentality behind that skill.
And it works. For my playstyle, at least. Of course, if you slaughter everything on Player Phase, then it's a different story, but I feel like sometimes, it's better to have the enemy approach you than the other way around. And it helps greatly to get your fliers to kill siege weapon users (Blue Lions says hi!) without getting them injured too much on their way there.

That doesn't quite work for me because Impregnable Wall is a thing for if I need to lure someone out.

1 hour ago, Zemuria said:

I love alert stance (+) in maddening. 

Perfect to make Byleth or Ingrid become invisible. 

Personally, I'd find the aforementioned Impregable Wall even more of a necessity on Maddening. Also, I find Alert Stance on Byleth too much investment to justify because they need help from Seteth or Manuela to get into flying classes, even more so if they're male, in which case they only have Advanced or higher tier classes for flying options.

4x went way better than I remembered the chapter. Did not have to restart at all. Now I have the best unit, to be more precise the best thing in this game. Now it will become easy mode.

Thracia Asbel >>>>>>>>>> Graces Asbel

Sorry Lys, but Asbel is still better than you because FE5 throne boosts are a thing. 

17 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

That doesn't quite work for me because Impregnable Wall is a thing for if I need to lure someone out.

Personally, I'd find the aforementioned Impregable Wall even more of a necessity on Maddening. Also, I find Alert Stance on Byleth too much investment to justify because they need help from Seteth or Manuela to get into flying classes, even more so if they're male, in which case they only have Advanced or higher tier classes for flying options.

Well, in normal and hard the enemies are so weak that dodgetank in makes no sense. But especially with the existence of ambush spawning in maddening dodgetanking is way more important. 

Btw I never had an issue to raise Byleth's flying level. Tbf I always recruited Ingrid, so it might be an issue indeed.

Edited by Zemuria

Thracia is a weird thing to me. 

It has so many mechanics which piss me off, but on the other hand it has so many mechanics I also love. 

If I take into account it is a game from the 90s, it is way modern than the GBA games, the DS remakes and Awakening, actually even more modern than Three Houses since some things like broken weapons or infinite trading already exist in FE5. 

It is a shame that some mechanics drag the fun down. Always fearing of getting hit makes this game luckbased, and I do not consider FE as a gambling game.

Really I would like to see a remake with these things fixed or removed. 

It could be become the "perfect" FE game for me. 

25 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

hard the enemies are so weak that dodgetank in makes no sense

...excuse me xD

My Units get one rounded by the enemies sometimes xD

Even Byleth is in danget of getting 2 shotted

The enemies are quite high quality so far xD

Well, now I'm on to Ace Combat 5 after two completed AC04 playthroughs. Did the second mostly to shoot down the aces and unlock the paint schemes, plus unlock the X-02 Wyvern. Outside the Trial Missions I would only have the second paint scheme of the Wyvern to unlock; but it would mean a third playthrough, this time S ranking every mission on Expert. I decided to put that on hold, to instead move on to 5.

Ah man, I missed having unlimited machine gun ammo. Though I could do without some planes needing three missiles to shoot down; and most ships two. I also forgot some missions didn't allowed you to switch your planes. Great, now I'm stuck with the Tiger II for Mission 6 just after I unlocked the Tigershark...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 hours ago, Zemuria said:

Well, in normal and hard the enemies are so weak that dodgetank in makes no sense. But especially with the existence of ambush spawning in maddening dodgetanking is way more important. 

Btw I never had an issue to raise Byleth's flying level. Tbf I always recruited Ingrid, so it might be an issue indeed.

The thing is, it takes more effort and resources to have a good dodgetank in 3H, considering that avoid is just your AS before outside factors. While prowess abilities and other stuff add to that, only one weapon type is good out of the +20 avoid ones (swords). Also, gambits are a thing, and you need high charm to avoid those; even then, enemies can get gambit boosts like the player can.

Sigh, night was horrible. 

My left nose was stuffed caused by my asthma, could hardly breath. 

Now I am totally tired. 

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

...excuse me xD

My Units get one rounded by the enemies sometimes xD

Even Byleth is in danget of getting 2 shotted

The enemies are quite high quality so far xD

I must admit my experience in hard mode is limited. I only played Blue Lions after timeskip in hard, and the gap between hard and maddening was immense. From falcon knights with 37 AS in maddening, they have like the half in hard.

In normal and hard enemies were oneshotted easily. 

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

The thing is, it takes more effort and resources to have a good dodgetank in 3H, considering that avoid is just your AS before outside factors. While prowess abilities and other stuff add to that, only one weapon type is good out of the +20 avoid ones (swords). Also, gambits are a thing, and you need high charm to avoid those; even then, enemies can get gambit boosts like the player can.

Enemy gambit can screw dodgetank plans, yes. 

But Byleth with a good authority level and charm can avoid these too. 

I have begun the Star Wars movie marathon by which I mean I started with Revenge of the Sith because I refuse to watch the first two Prequels.

I still maintain that Revenge of the Sith is a lot better than most give it credit for. But I also think I gave it *too* much credit.

It was the first time in years that I had seen the movie and while I still enjoyed the movie a lot, I think I might be knocking it down a bit on my Star Wars movie rankings.

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

By the way, the communications log in XCX that got discovered? An NPC said it was French and Japanese, though that could've been that BLADE's blind guess or casual phrasing for a foreign language they didn't understand (like the Shakespeare expression "it was Greek to me"). I'd be interested in knowing what the original Japanese script says here. NLA being New Los Angeles, a ship flying the American flag, the canon language regardless of game translation should be English I expect.

What would a Japanese-French ship be? New Tokyo or New Paris? New Parikyo? New French Polynesia? Not that there has to be a city based on a real life one in the ark ship.

Any chance that it was actually two arks? We know there's another ark on Mira but is it the only one? Having two arks would explain the two languages.

12 hours ago, Caster said:

Just keep Bernadetta a sniper and get her bow rank up
Encloser is good regardless of the unit 
And even if she's slow and has low attack Hunter's Volley can at least carry her to do some damage.
Bow Knight is good only if you have stats

I know nobody is going to listen to me anyways, so I don't know why I'm bothering.

I still think Assassin is the better bow-oriented class for Bernie than Sniper or Bow Knight tbh. Like, yeah she does lose Hunter's Volley and extra bow range but Assassin speed makes up for it and she gets Encloser anyway.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I still think Assassin is the better bow-oriented class for Bernie than Sniper or Bow Knight tbh. Like, yeah she does lose Hunter's Volley and extra bow range but Assassin speed makes up for it and she gets Encloser anyway.

I wouldn't say assassin is bad for her, but I keep trying to say for people who keep saying she sucks in their run if she's str screwed, spd screwed, or even both, just keep her a sniper and hunter's volley will at least let her stay relevant along with encloser.

If her stats are fine, yea, other classes work, but if she's stat SCREWED just keep her sniper.

ESPECIALLY if you're playing Maddening.
I would say staying Sniper in maddening is more beneficial, because it's a lot harder to double period in maddening, so why not give yourself guaranteed ways to, if it's hard?

Edited by Caster