The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Speaking of RF4, I still need to finish my current playthrough. Still haven't started Act III...

Since I won't be able to play the port, it'll just be regular RF4 for me for the time being.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

That's how i play the map, and the assassins are no problem, really. I can take out the western guy pretty fast (read: First turn), eastern dude does take a while however.

The problem are really those pegasi with Sword breaker.

Which route are you playing again?

Have you got a draco knight or any flyer with decent bow rank and skills in your party?

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Like even on Hard i needed Silver Bows for them.

In hard mode they have like 10-15 AS less than in maddening.

They are no threat against physical units at least.

@Interdimensional Observer so today i learned that Jin's Lv.4 Special and one of Citan's Deathblows are basically the same thing. A Xenogears reference hiding in plain sight.

I will admit i never unlocked all the deathblows in Xenogears. To this day, i still don't actually understand how they are unlocked in the first place.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Got rekt xD

Need a strong red Spirit with 3 Slots, Since Sakura (anti poison) needs 2 herself...

Think that was bad? Try M. Bison. Or Dark Emperor. 

Super Mario World is fun, easier than SMB3, which works for me. The lone issue is forts/castles, the difficulty spikes in them like Mega Man's worst nightmares.

And, I Iike this fan creation:

Spoiler

YtESMu_ALKYOGaT6eYLEthANJxC6BnMwkyrXknMO

But it's a failure map b/c Japan gets no levels.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Interdimensional Observer so today i learned that Jin's Lv.4 Special and one of Citan's Deathblows are basically the same thing. A Xenogears reference hiding in plain sight.

I will admit i never unlocked all the deathblows in Xenogears. To this day, i still don't actually understand how they are unlocked in the first place.

Interesting. Jin's new last name is Uzuki, like Dunban, Nagi, and... Jin(?) before him.

I did unlock every Deathblow in XG, even if Fei's last two are worthless b/c endgame grind and the final dungeon is pure Gear combat. Yamikei is basically how Fei contributed to accidentally ruining his life, so from a story perspective it's a must.

The one foot Deathblow off the top of my head that I'd like to see with modern graphics is Elly's Aqua Frost.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nptFYk0jxcc&list=PL81361EAB941F0D3E&index=2

hem·i·o·la
/ˌhemēˈōlə/
noun
MUSIC
  1. a musical figure in which, typically, two groups of three beats are replaced by three groups of two beats, giving the effect of a shift between triple and duple meter.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reveal hidden contents

YtESMu_ALKYOGaT6eYLEthANJxC6BnMwkyrXknMO

But it's a failure map b/c Japan gets no levels.

Heh, that's nice. Also, I agree. Going through the Caribbean rather than Mexico? What's the big idea!?

Well, on the plus side, at least this is one such maps that actually includes the landmass where I live. Most maps I've seen that portray Earth in a video game style or just plain fiction (whether fan-make or used in an official thing), usually don't include it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I did not actually watch that whole Deathblow video, but now I see Elly's first Deathblow is "Screamer". That is the same name as XCX's Sleep-inflicting Art, and the animation is vaguely similar, Screamer in XCX throws a large buzzsaw-like horizontal disk at the enemy.

I beat Super Mario World (on Switch) for the first time in my life about a month ago.

Old 2D platformers are still fun and easy for me to deal with unlikes 3D ones.

I never could play Galaxy or similar 3D platformers because I feel uncomfortable with the 3D camera angles and I have always issues to set the jumps correctly.

I barely could beat Super Mario 64 which has been the only 3D platformer I have ever could beat.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

The Boss spirit battle isn't even the worst one. Wait until you get to Dr. Wily and Pauline.

Oh i got that Pauline one in the spirit board yesterday. No idea how it's even doable.

1 hour ago, Rosalina said:

Golden Deer

1 hour ago, Rosalina said:

I only had 1 last time, now i have 2 Wyvern with Bow and Axe + Hilda with Axe/Lance, and Leonie Sniper who i can reclass into Pegasus if needed. Should make my life much easier next time i try it, which will probably be later today, after rl stuff.

Also, the stats of units are about ~7 higher than on Hard. That includes the AS (atleast before time skip). On Hard enemy Pegasi still doubled almost everything i had. 

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Or Dark Emperor. 

does Dark Emperor Hardin ost atleast play?

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

>kid
>Wii u
you are making me feel really old, you know that? xD

Edited by Shrimperor

I managed to avert crisis and got a different ending in Atelier Meruru. Let me tell you, that boss in the volcano, called "Airshatter" was a tough one. Took me three tries to beat it, but hot DAMN the battle was awesome.
Meteor OP. Mimi OP (or rather, her special attack Angel Horn).

Also, this freaking battle theme.
When it comes to the music, Atelier Meruru beats Sophie as my favorite in terms of the battle themes. Because they are all freaking amazing.
But my favorite Atelier battle theme is still Cygnus from Atelier Lulua.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

>kid
>Wii u

What do you think? Should we pull the "back in my day..." card at any given opportunity?

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I only had 1 last time, now i have 2 Wyvern with Bow and Axe + Hilda with Axe/Lance, and Leonie Sniper who i can reclass into Pegasus if needed. Should make my life much easier next time i try it, which will probably be later today, after rl stuff.

What about Claude?

He's the perfect peg. knight killer.

Please, don't tell me you reclassed him.

Even Lysithea's luna can oneshot them.

Pegasus knights had 19-low 20 AS in chapter 14 in hard mode, in maddening they had all > 30, I think 37 at max.

The falcon knights from chapter 14 were the main reason why I had to lower difficulty in Blue Lions because Dimitri was the only lord who couldn't handle them.

Edelgard and Claude can oneshot them without effort plus having the bonus of being mobile.

Edited by Rosalina

Guys, i have a confession to make. I've never actually beaten Super Mario World before today. As a kid, i played it on Wii Virtual Console and never made it past the Forest of Illusion.

Today, things changed. I defeated my childhood enemy and finally beat this game. pic.twitter.com/n3dO03wLxp

— Armagon (@Armagon1000) January 24, 2020

Congratulations! Beat the game on SNES many years back.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Super Mario World is fun, easier than SMB3, which works for me.

Oh yeah, Super Mario World is by far easier than Super Mario Bros 3. The issue with the NES Super Marios is that you had to beat them in one go (as was the case with most NES games). If you lost all your lives, back to the beginning you go. Doesn't matter how far you were in the game. Which reminds me of another confession, i never beat Super Mario Bros 3 either. The farthest i got to was World 7 (i think i used one of the shortcuts) but i got a Game Over and i just said fuck it. All that hard work for naught (Wii Virtual Console didn't have save states). Maybe with NES Online, i'll go back to it. But not right now.

Super Mario World (and the New Super Mario Bros games) let you save after every fortress, castle and ghost house (Super Mario World did that, not sure if the New games let you save after a Ghost House) so it was easier simply because of that.

This is really nice. The one thing i would change is make most of the levels yellow dots because red dots mean the level has a secret goal but this map is, for the most part, linear.

The one foot Deathblow off the top of my head that I'd like to see with modern graphics is Elly's Aqua Frost.:

Looking at it, it made me think of something i'd like to see in a Xenogears remake: AoE Deathblows. Cause some of Elly's Deathblows absoultely should've hit multiple targets.

The one i'd personally like to see with modern graphics is Elly's Terra Charge because i did not expect her to summon a a giant mole. I did a double take because i wasn't sure if that was something that was editied in.

Oh i got that Pauline one in the spirit board yesterday. No idea how it's even doable.

Honestly, i just got lucky with that one.

>kid
>Wii u

Haha, well, it was on the Wii. I never had a Wii U. 

Funny thing is, i had a Wii since it came out but i never really got into gaming until like, 2011 when i got my 3DS. I don't have either of them now. My Wii just died in 2012 and i traded in my 3DS for a New 3DS XL in 2015.

Don't worry though, i feel old myself sometimes. Super Mario Galaxy 2 turns 10 this year. 

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I managed to avert crisis and got a different ending in Atelier Meruru. Let me tell you, that boss in the volcano, called "Airshatter" was a tough one. Took me three tries to beat it, but hot DAMN the battle was awesome.
Meteor OP. Mimi OP (or rather, her special attack Angel Horn).

Nice! Coincidentally,

Spoiler

that ending is the one that's referenced in Atelier Lulua so while there's no actual true ending in Atelier Meruru, that one is the closest that you could get.

55 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

Please, don't tell me you reclassed him.

i didn't reach time skip yet, so i don't have his Unique Class xD

He is a Wyvern Rider now, however.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

What do you think? Should we pull the "back in my day..." card at any given opportunity?

we can now legally use it without being called out xD.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Don't worry though, i feel old myself sometimes. Super Mario Galaxy 2 turns 10 this year. 

...and Mario 64 is 24...

Grandpa Shrimpz

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Wrong Dark Emperor.

awwwwwwwwwww

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nice! Coincidentally,

Reveal hidden contents

that ending is the one that's referenced in Atelier Lulua so while there's no actual true ending in Atelier Meruru, that one is the closest that you could get.

Yup. I remember during that one chapter were Lulua asks her three seniors what their driving motivation is, Meruru's item that set her on hers was the Rime Crystal. Me remembering this was what ultimately gave me the motivation to go for that specific ending, too.

It was a tough ride, but looking back, I had tons of fun with Atelier Meruru.
I'd still put it below Rorona in terms of how much I liked it overall (because the 100,000 peeps requirement is still BS), but it has redeemed itself somewhat.

I'm currently thinking about replaying Atelier Sophie, actually. I want to see in what ways playing other Atelier games may change my views/methods of doing things. And maybe I'll jump into the Dusk trilogy afterwards.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

we can now legally use it without being called out xD.

I am so going to do that. XD

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

awwwwwwwwwww

It's from Find Mii.

9 hours ago, Benice said:

Bruh, do you have a Wario fetish or something? 

Nah. I just like that sound, and like to make him say it in the first two Mario Party games (or "OH MY GOD!" if I'm playing the first one in Japanese).

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And yet, they lack their iconic high Res. SF oddly lists Pegasus Knight- but only for enemies- as an Advanced Class with better Stat Boosts. Maybe the enemy version is intentionally innately different and stronger than the playable ones? I got the impression over three runs that Wyvern Riders don't seem common among enemy ranks. Pegasus Knights got buffed to Wyvern-esque Str to compensate?

I think Pegasus Knight may have been intended as an advanced class at some point in development.

Huh, Digimon Adventure is getting a reboot series?

My my, don't quite know what to think. This is a very surprising development. Although I have seen people theorize it might tie to the movie. It's coming right after, so a connection is very likely.

My FASFA refund came in a week early

EPDld60XUAUKBRy?format=jpg&name=medium

And this is just 1 of 2, i should be getting another refund in like three weeks.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

@Armagon If Uni had a Next Form, it would look like this:
latest?cb=20120626024457

BRUH LMAOOOOOOO