The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

I personally find it hilarious when you can break the game and cheese.

I can understand that, I would just rather play the game I want to. And to me, gamebreaking after a point makes playing the game pointless, depending on what bug your abusing/etc.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

I will just leave this here

20200129_193757.jpg

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Now that I know this, I actually have a pretty hard time deciding whose ending I'd want to get first, considering I really do like all the characters in this game.

If you unlock all, you get Marissa by default iirc.

There's a certain priority, with Marissa being first priority.

Not to mention it'd be impossible to be on that level at that point in the game without excessive grinding, which would most likely mean that one of the little sisters just dies. And I can't have that on my conscience.

Protecc Imoutos

Dragon Star Varnir is one main character death away from being the next Re;Birth 2 Conquest route. This game's story just LOVES to gut-punch you, doesn't it?
In other news, it also doesn't shy away from referencing very old memes, courtesy of the character that absolutely wants to become my favorite, apparently.

RwWZIpB.jpg
(The one saying this is the girl on the right.)

And @Shrimperor told me that there were not one, not two, but THREE dragon bosses from the The Legend of Heroes series in this game, the last one coming from Cold Steel 3, which I will be playing in the near future. But NOTHING could have prepared me for this:
m4zO6qV.jpg
It's name is True Zoro Agruga, which makes it the non-skeletal form of the boss from Cold Steel 1, which is my favorite boss in that game, as I mentioned before.

From a pure aesthetic standpoint, this thing is one of the coolest looking dragons I have ever seen in a video game. The boss fight itself was ball-bustingly tough (he's another one of those "I'll attack you four times in a single turn" bosses this game is apparently in love with by now), but I somehow managed to prevail through its onslaught. Having three people with party-wide healing spells is incredibly useful, but it still managed to make other dragon bosses in games like Anankos, Mavelus, its own skeletal incarnation in Cold Steel 1, Nyala, Trishula, and frickin' Ouroboros look like total chumps in comparison.
I am half-looking forward to, half dreading fighting this thing in Cold Steel 3.

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Did fighting it feel like fighting this?

maxresdefault.jpg

Believe it or not, fighting a dragon skeleton is harder than getting punched by a giant little man.
I think. I don't have Smash.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

20200129_193757.jpg

Busted Leonie is busted.

Interesting, I'll keep that in mind. Thank you!

Protecc Imoutos

My M.O. right now.

27 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Believe it or not, fighting a dragon skeleton is harder than getting punched by a giant little man.
I think. I don't have Smash.

I would assume. But in terms of spirit power, Giga Mac is over NINE (bleep) THOUSAAAANNNNNND! (he ties for the strongest spirit with the aforementioned The Boss and several others)

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Wouldn't that be Minessa? Or did they change her name?

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

20200129_193757.jpg

Personally, I find only weapons plus an accessory to be a very impractical way to outfit a unit in these games.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Wouldn't that be Minessa?

Yes.

Typo, or maybe i was thinking of Touhou, dunno xD

7 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I find only weapons plus an accessory to be a very impractical way to outfit a unit in these games.

...there's something else to carry?

I would assume. But in terms of spirit power, Giga Mac is over NINE (bleep) THOUSAAAANNNNNND! (he ties for the strongest spirit with the aforementioned The Boss and several others)

Ooof.

Wouldn't that be Minessa? Or did they change her name?

Her name is Minessa, yes.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...there's something else to carry?

I always find myself having healing items on my units just in case. 

Edited by Shadow Mir

Pokémon Home is apparently $16 a year. On top of Switch Online fees. When Pokémon Sword and Shield already $60 each; on top of the $30 expansion pass per game.
*inhales*
AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds about right, considering he can take you out in seconds if you're not careful.

How are you even supposed to beat him then?

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

How are you even supposed to beat him then?

Fight like wolves fight: strike quickly then get the hell out of there. An autoheal spirit can help with that. He's also stupid enough to use the ropes to get to you if you get on the lights (note that Little Mac SUCKS in the air).

Just now, Shadow Mir said:

Fight like wolves fight: strike quickly then get the hell out of there. An autoheal spirit can help with that. He's also stupid enough to use the ropes to get to you if you get on the lights (note that Little Mac SUCKS in the air).

Ah, that makes sense. Good old hit-and-run.

Bold part: So that's unchanged from Smash 4?

Wind Caller <.<

14 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I always find myself having healing items on my units just in case. 

Eh.

I find them useless after early game, and even if i need them, they are in the convoy.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wind Caller <.<

Oh, that guy. Yeah, he's a tough one. Claude's gambit can help set up to break down all the barriers, the others can use their own gambits to follow up and hopefully get a full break in one turn (or else he just straight up murders you, even on Hard). Definitely have Seteth and Flayn attack him, though! There is some interesting dialogue in there.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh, that guy. Yeah, he's a tough one. Claude's gambit can help set up to break down all the barriers, the others can use their own gambits to follow up and hopefully get a full break in one turn (or else he just straight up murders you, even on Hard). Definitely have Seteth and Flayn attack him, though! There is some interesting dialogue in there.

Yup, the dialogue is interesting.

Taking the barriers down is easy enough, taking him down isn't <.<

Too tanky, too high of a crit <.<

Edit: And Leonie comes with the crutch crit. Love ya Girl :3

Edited by Shrimperor

23 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ah, that makes sense. Good old hit-and-run.

Bold part: So that's unchanged from Smash 4?

You COULD try to lure him to the edge and then throw him to KO him, but that's risky as he could just knock you out instead (the fight is on the Boxing Ring).

Yup. Even his KO Punch isn't that great in the air, and his recovery still sucks.

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wind Caller <.<

Eh.

I find them useless after early game, and even if i need them, they are in the convoy.

Oof. He's hard. Then again, it's a dragon, so of course... even with my best anti-magic units, I felt I couldn't do that much (the Seiros Shield helps).

Personally, I find weapons to be a case of diminishing returns (ergo, having more than a certain amount doesn't do me that much good). I often find myself with three, maybe four weapons, but five with an accessory is something I am VERY hard pressed to justify and veers directly into Awesome But Impractical territory.

Edited by Shadow Mir

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Edit: And Leonie comes with the crutch crit. Love ya Girl :3

That makes one of us.
Jokes aside, she is a good unit.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Taking the barriers down is easy enough, taking him down isn't <.<

Too tanky, too high of a crit <.<

This describes nearly all the monsters in the game. Every single one of them has crit on you somewhere. And one-rounding them is impossible because HP, Speed, Defence, Resistiance or everything is too damn high. It's infuriating sometimes.

You COULD try to lure him to the edge and then throw him to KO him, but that's risky as he could just knock you out instead (the fight is on the Boxing Ring).

Gonna need a LOT of grab range for that one.

Edited by DragonFlames

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This describes nearly all the monsters in the game.

Honestly, i never had much trouble with them until maddening.

Annoying abilities (pass foxes anyone?), too tanky, and sometimes just one shot everything they see.

Pass foxes made Marianne's Paralogue extra annoying

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Honestly, i never had much trouble with them until maddening.

Annoying abilities (pass foxes anyone?), too tanky, and sometimes just one shot everything they see.

Pass foxes made Marianne's Paralogue extra annoying

They really have Pass on Maddening? Holy f***. It was already tough enough to deal with them plus the boss on Hard Mode, even without that.

Just arrived at Gronder....

Wth

80 Atk, 55AS, 50 Prt...

Wtf are those numbers.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

They really have Pass on Maddening?

Yes. Every giant fox and Thief gets pass. All archers get poison strike, Snipers poison strike and Vantage.

And like every unit had a weight minus skill.

Honestly, i would've liked a difficulty like that... without maddening's stat inflation

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

They really have Pass on Maddening? Holy f***. It was already tough enough to deal with them plus the boss on Hard Mode, even without that.

I think that they always have innate Pass, even outside of Maddening.

Edited by Shadow Mir

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yes. Every giant fox and Thief gets pass. All archers get poison strike, Snipers poison strike and Vantage.

And like every unit had a weight minus skill.

I know it's gonna make me look like a broken record but... Oof. Just... oof.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I think that they always have innate Pass.

Not on Hard if I remember correctly. Maddening maybe, but on Hard I don't think they had it.
Then again, when I played that map recently, I tried different things to make sure I kill the boss in one turn the moment he turns aggressive. That Paralogue is a nightmare and a half, I swear...

Edited by DragonFlames

Yo, the Atelier Escha & Logy OP is clean, ngl. The song is probably my favorite out of all the Atelier opening songs i've listened to so far. Song is called Milk-Colored Pass.

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Like that one boss in MegaNep VII that you can't damage with non-elemental attacks until you break his cape. Throw Rom and/or Ram at him = ultimate cheese.

That's exactly what i did although that one didn't feel like cheese to me. I thought you were supposed to hit him with elemental attacks.

Actual cheese to me is like, Ch.17(?) in Valkyria Chronicles where you throw a smoke bomb in your starting position, stand on the very edge of it so that you can see outside of it but you're still obscured by the smoke and shoot the boss with a sniper rifle. Being obscured by the smoke is important because that means the boss can't counterattack. A chapter that would've taken like an hour completed in five minutes. Cheese.

8 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Did fighting it feel like fighting this?

maxresdefault.jpg

Same energy.

Pokémon Home is apparently $16 a year. On top of Switch Online fees. When Pokémon Sword and Shield already $60 each; on top of the $30 expansion pass per game.
*inhales*
AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, the Switch Online fees are seperate (which aren't even that bad since everyone gets a family plan to split the costs). Pokemon Home can be used for just $1 a month and nobody outside of the really hardcore people will use it for more than a day. 

Pokemon Home isn't really worth criticizing imo (even though i am guilty of initial reactions).

So close to finishing the KH3 DLC!

Spoiler

Yozora

is giving troubles. Just... wow, this fight is... yeah.

Finishing up the extras of Xenosaga III, cause I need to. Just collecting the best equipment and such.

Well, it's census year over here; and with my current job-seeking prospects still showing up... nothing, I'm now seeing if I can get something over there for the time being.