Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

First Week 3H

Reveal hidden contents

20191219_180907.jpg

Probably Last Week 3H

Reveal hidden contents

wRZ5HK0.jpg

That 47 accuracy is just... horrible. Why is it so low?

Also, Claude kicks ass, as expected.

18 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Gonna need a LOT of grab range for that one.

Even if you did have it - and I doubt any character with ranged grabs out of the small handful that do have them can outrange a giant Little Mac - it might not work anyway, because he's giant and it's a stamina battle (knockback is reduced in stamina battles).

Edited by Shadow Mir

18 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

This describes nearly all the monsters in the game. Every single one of them has crit on you somewhere. And one-rounding them is impossible because HP, Speed, Defence, Resistiance or everything is too damn high. It's infuriating sometimes.

That's why I tend to break all their barriers - it disables them for a whole turn, as opposed to after the next combat.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Done with my first playthrough of Dragon Star Varnir! Review here:

If you want a TL;DR: IF/CH is now 6/7 for games I nearly unconditionally love. If this keeps up, they'll become my favorite game dev/publisher.

I also now know why there are dragons from the Trails games in this game:
VIVG12P.jpg

Also, yay references!
Ka5Jhzm.jpg

Edited by DragonFlames

19 hours ago, Armagon said:

Pokemon Home isn't really worth criticizing imo (even though i am guilty of initial reactions).

I wasn't criticizing so much as I was finding it hilarious.
I'm honestly indifferent to the newer Pokémon games. Have been since S/M.

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Even if you did have it - and I doubt any character with ranged grabs out of the small handful that do have them can outrange a giant Little Mac - it might not work anyway, because he's giant and it's a stamina battle (knockback is reduced in stamina battles).

Figures. So beating him up the old fashioned way is the only way to do it.

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

That's why I tend to break all their barriers - it disables them for a whole turn, as opposed to after the next combat.

Same, but if there are multiple at once and if the boss is also one (which is the case on many of the harder maps, I find), I tend to try and kill them with ranged attacks after breaking just one barrier to save gambit uses for that boss.

Note: In my excitement over having finished Dragon Star Varnir, I forgot to reply to you two. Apologies!

48 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Done with my first playthrough of Dragon Star Varnir! Review here:

If you want a TL;DR: IF/CH is now 6/7 for games I nearly unconditionally love. If this keeps up, they'll become my favorite game dev/publisher.

I also now know why there are dragons from the Trails games in this game:
VIVG12P.jpg

Also, yay references!
Ka5Jhzm.jpg

I read your review and it seems like you enjoyed it :D

Your thought mirror mine pretty closely, especially the character bit and how it's the strongest part of the game.

Btw, if you want to reach lvl100 fast: Post game dungeon + highest difficulty possible + devour

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I read your review and it seems like you enjoyed it :D

Your thought mirror mine pretty closely, especially the character bit and how it's the strongest part of the game.

Btw, if you want to reach lvl100 fast: Post game dungeon + highest difficulty possible + devour

Yup, I enjoyed it very much! Final boss was pretty epic, too. And the epilogue I got was really, really cute, as well.

I was legitimately impressed by how much I liked the characters by the end. This might be one of the only games where I like absolutely everyone in the playable roster.

Thanks for the tip! I'll tackle the post game and the other endings at some point down the line. Right now I kinda want to play Trails of Cold Steel 3 first.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Right now I kinda want to play Trails of Cold Steel 3 first.

Enjoy!

I am not really into Trails atm (and don't know if i ever will be again. Thanks CS2, thanks Rean.), but if you can restore my hype levels again, do so^^

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Enjoy!

I am not really into Trails atm (and don't know if i ever will be again. Thanks CS2, thanks Rean.), but if you can restore my hype levels again, do so^^

I'll try my best! I hope I can restore my own hype levels, too.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

That much praise, huh? Nothing wrong with that of course, i just find it interesting you'd award Compile Heart the title of "favorite game dev".

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

If i may provide a ray of hope for you, the upcoming Hajimare no Kiseki seems like it's gonna be focusing on new characters+the Crossbell gang and less Cold Steel gang (if any of the screenshots are any indication of anyway). There's no bonding events either, something i remember you saying you hated about the Cold Steel games.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

If i may provide a ray of hope for you, the upcoming Hajimare no Kiseki seems like it's gonna be focusing on new characters+the Crossbell gang and less Cold Steel gang (if any of the screenshots are any indication of anyway). There's no bonding events either, something i remember you saying you hated about the Cold Steel games.

I got told that yesterday, the part about the bonding. A small ray of hope as you say^^

But i just want Rean & Erebonia to be done with already. CS1/2 barely have content for half a game together that was somehow extended to 2 games, and the characters are ugh...

Well, i am sure my opinion about them is quite known.

Man, talking about CS makes me sound like some of those super angry old FE fans who hate anything new xD

Edited by Shrimperor

I have written my Atelier Ayesha DX review.

28 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

CS1/2 barely have content for half a game together that was somehow extended to 2 games

Aight imma have to call cap on this one. I can understand your other grievences but CS1/2 barely having content? Mmmmmmmmm. Nah. I never felt a Trails game was lacking in content. 

PS4 folks now get to have the entire Gunvolt series on one console (Luminous Avenger released on it a few months ago). Get these games, these are fantastic.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe it's an "in comparison" note?

Even just comparing the games, i can't really say any Trails game was lacking in content. They're all pretty much equal in that regard tbh.

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I have written my Atelier Ayesha DX review.

Aight imma have to call cap on this one. I can understand your other grievences but CS1/2 barely having content? Mmmmmmmmm. Nah. I never felt a Trails game was lacking in content. 

I might've misworded it abit, but what i meant is that alot of it is filler anothing really happens. Especially in CS2, were apparently a war was going on but we were on a glorified School Trip instead. Then the Epilogue that threw salt in the wounds with it's bleh 16 floor dungeon. Disgusting.

I already had my problems with school in CS1 (To make it simple, if it wasn't trails, i wouldn't have touched it with 10 mile pole. I hate and utterly dispise school settings. FE3H is the sole exception.), but despite that i enjoyed it quite a bit.

CS2 was the first Trails i finished where i thought "i don't Trails anymore. Just let me finish the damn game already please" instead of the usual "can't wait for more Trails" i had after every Trails game.

Edit: I aplogize for being that negative. I just lose my cool prett  fast when it comesto Trails nowdays.

Edited by Shrimperor

13 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Also, it gives you free ore! Especially the Umbral Steel needed to repair your Hero's Relics.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

That much praise, huh? Nothing wrong with that of course, i just find it interesting you'd award Compile Heart the title of "favorite game dev".

I mean, nearly every single game I've played from them so far has given me much enjoyment. The only Compile Heart game I didn't enjoy as much was Super Neptunia RPG, because the battle system was on the "meh" side. Everything else I really liked. The Neptunia Re;Birth games were amazing, MegaNep VII is one of my absolute favorite games (number one alongside Nights of Azure), Fairy Fencer f is great all around, and now Dragon Star Varnir has come around as another game I'd gladly count among my favorites.
That's a pretty good track record, I'd say.

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean

I am 27...

probably Grandpa by this Forums's standards

I'll be 27 in a little under four months, so... join the grandpa club, I guess. XD

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean

I am 27...

probably Grandpa by this Forums's standards

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I'll be 27 in a little under four months, so... join the grandpa club, I guess. XD

Y'all old

Meanwhile there's me at the wee age of 19. Still just a young lad in comparison. Although appearance-wise, i look like i'm 25 whenever my beard grows back (and i fucking hate that it does, i utterly despise my beard, i shave it ASAP but sometimes i forget).

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Edit: I aplogize for being that negative. I just lose my cool prett  fast when it comesto Trails nowdays.

It's ok, that was still tame compared to angry Star Wars fans. Never go full angry Star Wars fan.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

The only Compile Heart game I didn't enjoy as much was Super Neptunia RPG, because the battle system was on the "meh" side.

Worth noting that Super Neptunia RPG was actually Artisian.....something. I forget the full name but basically, it wasn't developed by Compile Heart, at least not completely.

Meanwhile, all the other Compile Heart games were developed directly by them and it shows. So yeah, pretty good track record.

I deadass thought his name said Alpharad.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Meanwhile there's me at the wee age of 19.

You are hence named Kiddo.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I deadass thought his name said Alpharad.

you aren't the only one xD

Also, looks like Kirei.