The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh... I thought Levail was the boss, so I killed BK. I guess Aran's not getting the wishblade.

You could make the argument that the Brave Lance is better for him, since it allows you to double attack regardless of enemy speed.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I think a good idea is to buff his HP while giving him accessories that reduce aggro. I think they exist. Cause Zeke hits hard but he isn't really built to take loads of damage. It is possible to get Zeke close to or the max HP (9999) but that's more of endgame strats.

This is the exact accessory setup I'm using on Nia atm. She has one that reduces aggro and another that buffs her HP.
Giving that same combination to Zeke shouldn't be an issue, I think. I should have more than enough of that stuff lying around somewhere.

Nevertheless, from this I can gather that Zeke should always be paired with either Tora or Morag when using him, which is good to know.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Adding to this, it stacks with the World Tree Badge (i believe it was called), which boosts your damage output with each Blade Switch up to 250%, so later in the game, it's possible to make Zeke a really beefy attacker.

World Tree Badge is one of the best accessories in general.

That sounds like it could reach near-Game Breaker status.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Aran with Dragonfoe is hilarious; if his cap was one higher could almost one shot everything on Reborth 3.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

while giving him accessories that reduce aggro. I think they exist.

I did a check of the accessory list, only the Beast/Camo Hood offers aggro reduction. And Aux Cores provide only Arts Stealth and Auto-Attack Stealth (yet, Aux Cores are a chore to forge says the person who made XCX XX-quality augments and unnecessary level 60 Skells + Ares 70). Though in tandem with an aggro boosters on Morag/Tora (I leave one of their accessories open to an Agility boost though), it could be enough.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Adding to this, it stacks with the World Tree Badge (i believe it was called), which boosts your damage output with each Blade Switch up to 250%, so later in the game, it's possible to make Zeke a really beefy attacker.

World Tree Badge is one of the best accessories in general.

Looking at the Wiki, it's World Tree Drop. 

And if the Wiki is right about its availability, then the World Tree Drop should be easy to get. One from a random but easy quest that opens in Chapter 9, one from a chest in Chapter 10 within probably a 10 minute walk of the final boss, and if you want to farm them, your picks are Kurodil or some 94-96 Behemoths who might not even appear until after the final boss is beaten or sometime into Chapter 10.

No wonder I don't remember seeing them.

Wait, the little circle-thingy on the right of the tile info isn't tile Res? MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE!

And Sanaki's life is over.

I wish I had 20 Arans and Lauras right now.

30 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That sounds like it could reach near-Game Breaker status

And that's not even getting into some of the passives from Blades. For example, Zenobia increases your damage output when fighting UMs and bosses. T-elos increases your damage every time you die and get revived.

Actually, these are the good passives that come to mind at the moment but yeah, TL;DR, there's a lot of ways to break the game but it's usually reserved for endgame strats.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And if the Wiki is right about its availability, then the World Tree Drop should be easy to get. One from a random but easy quest that opens in Chapter 9, one from a chest in Chapter 10 within probably a 10 minute walk of the final boss, and if you want to farm them, your picks are Kurodil or some 94-96 Behemoths who might not even appear until after the final boss is beaten or sometime into Chapter 10.

...huh. I don't remember the World Tree Drops coming in that late. Granted, it's been a while but I always thought they were easier to get.

Guess they really do want you to use them for the Superbosses (which tbf, World Tree Drops are great for Superboss fights).

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

latest?cb=20140416212942

My old teachers when they see me in a coffee shop but are trying to be polite.

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The fact that you posted that in red text means it can't be easy to get. Or maybe I'm reading into it too hard since you posted a screenshot of Sofia, who tends to say stuff that's the opposite of what she means, not too long after.

Edited by Shadow Mir

3 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

The fact that you posted that in red text means it can't be easy to get. Or maybe I'm reading into it too hard since you posted a screenshot of Sofia, who tends to say stuff that's the opposite of what she means, not too long after.

Wrong!

I randomly sometimes like mimicking Sofia and doing that. Normally I would think I wouldn't care for such a zany "anime" personality, but I really did like her, either her or Raven would've been my marriage choice -had I ever finally committed to someone to finish the story.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What does the text being red means exactly as a speech pattern anyway.

There is no obvious tell in Sofia's voice as to when she is speaking opposites, though her tone and facial expression can give some contextual clues. The red is only there in the text to make her easier for the player to understand. For everyone actually in the game world, they have to guess when Sofia means the inverse.

"I have a feeling it is my fate to be there", says a character that isn't playable.
Me: "They're gonna die, aren't they?"
*one game hour later*
Me: "Somebody pick up that phone please."

"Why are you the masters, and we the slaves?", says another character, revealing part of their motivation.
Xenoblade 2, you are getting way too real. Seriously.

Also, I watched some cutscenes back with the English voices on. I came to the conclusion that downloading the Japanese VO and playing the game with that on was a good decision on my part. Because while the English VO isn't terrible, it's severely lacking in emotion in places, making several scenes feel less impactful.
A good example of this is the scene I referenced above.

7 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Get well soon, @DragonFlames

2020 seems to be a year of plagues for most people year.

Thank you!
2020 so far has been a shitshow, that's for sure.

Edited by DragonFlames

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is no obvious tell in Sofia's voice as to when she is speaking opposites, though her tone and facial expression can give some contextual clues. The red is only there in the text to make her easier for the player to understand. For everyone actually in the game world, they have to guess when Sofia means the inverse.

To be honest, sounds like something that would tire me too fast with.

If I had the game... well, I've long considered to aim for Shara. Even if that may be considered... uh, how exactly... boring? I think it would be.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

"I have a feeling it is my fate to be there", says a character that isn't playable.
Me: "They're gonna die, aren't they?"
*one game hour later*
Me: "Somebody pick up that phone please."

"Why are you the masters, and we the slaves?", says another character, revealing part of their motivation.
Xenoblade 2, you are getting way too real. Seriously.

Oi, that was sad *SPOILERS you've just clearly seen* ...

Spoiler

I was quite fond of Haze. I'd consider using her as my avi, but knowing her tragic fate holds me off from doing so. Although considering she was bound to Amalthus of all people, one might consider death a mercy.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Thank you!
2020 so far has been a shitshow, that's for sure.

Speaking of 7th Dragon 2020 before, how about an Ex Skill showcase instead?:

All 3D models used here are the defaults for the class, except for the gun & knife using Agent, the classless Lucier models were used for this.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

To be honest, sounds like something that would tire me too fast with.

If I had the game... well, I've long considered to aim for Shara. Even if that may be considered... uh, how exactly... boring? I think it would be.

Well, compared to every RF before it, the bachelorettes of 3 are much wackier, equally anime, but definitely more in-your-face with silliness. I can understand how it'd be a turnoff for some.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oi, that was sad *SPOILERS you've just clearly seen* ...

Reveal hidden contents

I was quite fond of Haze. I'd consider using her as my avi, but knowing her tragic fate holds me off from doing so. Although considering she was bound to Amalthus of all people, one might consider death a mercy.

This game seems eager to make it a habit of killing characters that I like. First Vandham, now Haze (or Fan la Norne. Or Kasumi).

If Zeke or Nia dies, I'm out.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Speaking of 7th Dragon 2020 before, how about an Ex Skill showcase instead?:

All 3D models used here are the defaults for the class, except for the gun & knife using Agent, the classless Lucier models were used for this.

Dropkick from space (beginning at 0:45)...
Amazing.

57 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wrong!

I randomly sometimes like mimicking Sofia and doing that. Normally I would think I wouldn't care for such a zany "anime" personality, but I really did like her, either her or Raven would've been my marriage choice -had I ever finally committed to someone to finish the story.

Fair enough. I happen to know some people on the forums who regularly posted in colored text.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wrong!

OH, that screenshot you posted earlier was from Rune Factory 3.

I'll admit, besides some official artwork that you shared a while back, i deadass have never seen what Rune Factory games before 4 looked like so i didn't recognize the screenshot.

Once all is said and done with 4 Special, a part of me wants to go play the older Rune Factory games, even if they haven't aged very well but they are all on DS and i really don't like emulating DS games. Actually, about that, i'd like to ask you something? Did you have any problems with emulating Soma Bringer? Cause when i played it, i got the same problems i got when emulating other DS games: kinda laggy and sometimes choppy and/or slow audio and it wasn't occasional, it was a very consistent thing. Did you run across the same problems or was your experience much better?

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, I watched some cutscenes back with the English voices on. I came to the conclusion that downloading the Japanese VO and playing the game with that on was a good decision on my part. Because while the English VO isn't terrible, it's severely lacking in emotion in places, making several scenes feel less impactful.

I have to disagree. The only times i can say the English dub is lacking in emotion is with Rex's screams but that really just makes up 1% of the entire thing so i wouldn't say that's fair. Other than that, i think the English dub has just as much, if not more emotion than the Japanese dub. And Malos is probably the biggest highlight. David Menkin as Malos is genuianly up there with Adam Howden's Shulk for one of the best voice actors in the series. 

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Spoiler

Unlike you, i wasn't too saddend at Haze's death at first. But that was because i obviously hadn't played Torna yet. Torna got me actually attached to Haze so her death in the main game hurts a lot more.

Torna spoilers

Spoiler

Pretty much everyone in Torna is aware that Amalthus is a very shady guy but the thing that makes Haze's fate hurt all the more is right before the final battle of Torna where she says that being Amalthus' Blade would be the worst thing. And that's how she ended up. 

Takahashi didn't hold back.

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I have to disagree. The only times i can say the English dub is lacking in emotion is with Rex's screams but that really just makes up 1% of the entire thing so i wouldn't say that's fair. Other than that, i think the English dub has just as much, if not more emotion than the Japanese dub. And Malos is probably the biggest highlight. David Menkin as Malos is genuianly up there with Adam Howden's Shulk for one of the best voice actors in the series. 

I agree with this, especially on Malos, he sounds perfect. And I also really liked the English VA's, they did so well.

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Once all is said and done with 4 Special, a part of me wants to go play the older Rune Factory games, even if they haven't aged very well but they are all on DS and i really don't like emulating DS games. Actually, about that, i'd like to ask you something? Did you have any problems with emulating Soma Bringer? Cause when i played it, i got the same problems i got when emulating other DS games: kinda laggy and sometimes choppy and/or slow audio and it wasn't occasional, it was a very consistent thing. Did you run across the same problems or was your experience much better?

RF3 is the closest to 4 of course, so it's the best and easiest to turn back to, it's still relatively "fast" in combat. RF3's biggest issue is being too short, and bad weather being a randomized bother for farming in some seasons. 

For DS emulation, I haven't run into any real problems on this seven-eight years old Macbook. Other than the computer running hot sometimes, some audio issues on Binding Blade, and some save state-induced funky screens on Persona 2, anything and everything SNES/GBA/PS1/PSP/DS I've played has worked out well. I tried to get back into Soma Bringer a few days ago (I wish multiplayer worked, sharing the journey would make it more fun), and I did not notice any hiccups, despite being actiony along the same lines very generally speaking as an RF.

I'm using DeSmuMe, which I think you said before you're using. That seems to be about the best DS emulator around doing a quick look, though others exist (MelonDS seems to be an okay alternative). There might be ways to adjust Desmume's settings to improve performance it sounds like, but I'm totally unfamiliar with how.

And I see OpenEmu has added Dolphin/GameCube support, I'm tempted to play Pokemon Colosseum after decades of longing, but I won't even try to run it.

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm sorry.

For what? Regardless, I forgive you.

Edited by Benice