Nintendo Direct info (27 Dec)

Looks like we get the first bits of new information on the game since it was announced

http://andriasang.com/comzi0/3ds_paid_dlc_fire_emblem/

-The game looks to be set for a March 2012 release

-First game to feature paid DLC

I like the fact that it looks like a March release. Not so much the DLC.

Seems that Satoru Iwata's Nintendo Direct presentation later on today is going to cover games released through til March, so there's a good chance Fire Emblem 3DS will be among the subjects.

http://andriasang.com/comzhl/nintendo_direct_site/

And a link to the Nintendo's live stream:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/nintendo_direct/index.html

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The article does seem ambiguous as to the nature of the DLC, though I'm at least inclined to believe that when they speak of DLC, it refers to what everyone knows as DLC; that is, additional content (whether in the game or not) that is downloaded from an online shop.

Even though it doesn't explicitly state a March 2012 release. I find it hard to believe that when the service is available in March, that there won't be something to go along with it.

Either way, I think for the moment all we can do is wait until the Nintendo Direct presentation for confirmation. If it's coming out in March, it'll be in the presentation.

We'll know in an hour when the Nintendo stream commences. Well, video, since it's already been recorded, just not shown :P It's going to cover all products up for sale before and at March. Considering the timing with the news, and the news from more than one place, it's probably it's going to be mentioned at the conference.

So DLC helps US release, agreed or disagreed?

lol

Andriasang is reporting that it's Fire Emblem: Kakusei, which translates to Awakening.

Source: http://andriasang.com/comzi3/nintendo_direct_live_blog/

EDIT: Plus, they mention that it's a new, standalone title, borrowing elements from past entries in the series, etc. Mainly stuff we've already known about (Skills--which, from what I gathered, can be completely customized and swapped around--world map, etc.).

Edited by Lord Glenn

The main things that would need to be looked at in greater detail would be the skills (which seem to be interchangable?) as well as the details they were giving regarding the 2 people in battle at once. It looked like at one moment before a battle started that Krom got +10 to several of his stats.

The main things that would need to be looked at in greater detail would be the skills (which seem to be interchangable?) as well as the details they were giving regarding the 2 people in battle at once. It looked like at one moment before a battle started that Krom got +10 to several of his stats.

I was thinking more of what order the characters are in in the unit list.

"12:36: Iwata does not mention the download content that was mentioned in NIkkei."

:[

I wouldn't expect Iwata to bring up the DLC in this video. Nikkei only reported on the DLC today, while the video was prerecorded a week ago. I doubt Iwata was ready to divulge that info when the video was made.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=169103

1/12: Ghost Camera

1/12: Ace Combat 3D

1/19: Rhythm Thief R

1/19: Beyond the Labyrinth

1/26: Resident Evil Revelations

2/24: New Love Plus

2/16: Tekken 3D Prime Edition

2/16: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

2/23: Harvest Moon: Hajimari no Daichi

3/1: Mario and Sonic at the 2012 London Olympic Games

3/8: Metal Gear Solid 3D

3/8: Hatsune Miku and Future Stars Project Mirai

3/8: Girl's RPG

3/15: Dynasty Warriors Next

March - Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance

3/22 - Kid Icarus: Uprising

4/19 - Fire Emblem 3DS

I wouldn't expect Iwata to bring up the DLC in this video. Nikkei only reported on the DLC today, while the video was prerecorded a week ago. I doubt Iwata was ready to divulge that info when the video was made.

I didn't watch the video, but did he showcase any games using the service? Nintendo doesn't usually blindly show game-augmentations without a game to go with it.