[Update] 20th Anniversary Encyclopaedia scans

VincentASM

Cross-posting from the main site.

Added 33 scans from the 20th Anniversary Encyclopaedia to the gallery (artbook) section.

I've had the book since last year and scanned a few pages ages ago, but never got round to posting them. You might have wondered where TheEnd got some of the artwork for the member badges, well now you know. In any case, I thought it was a shame for the scans to lie around unused so I scanned a few more pages and threw them up on the main site.

Some points of interest...

The anniversary book doesn't really contain anything new or in high resolution, but I believe it's the only place you can find the official artworks of Mansel, Vigarde and Morva from FE8. There is also a really neat page with some never-seen-before FE9 concept art (except a part of Soren's hair).

The anniversary book doesn't really contain anything new or in high resolution...

You can say that again. But at least they have non-sephia'd artwork from the GBA games.

Like that certain scan you showed me.

elinini_o.png

That alone was enough to make me buy it. XD

It's too bad those CGs are tiiiiny though : (

BTW, FEW has some non-sepia'd CGs here and I'm assuming you're aware of the ones in beta FE7? However, I guess the 20th anniversary book does have a couple of "coloured" CGs not found elsewhere.

You got a scanner to scan the remaining artworks? j/k

Edited by VincentASM

I found more images of the 20th Anniversary Book from eBay.

I am not actually too sure if one of these are official or part of the part of the 20th Anniv. Book. Since, I didn't have the book yet. I'm going to get the book soon.

P1110050095.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3370157c69

EDIT:That link appears to be broken, but luckly I just found the others from here:

http://www.hit-japan.com/book11/

The Scans List:

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Image 5

Image 6

Image 7

Image 8

Image 9

Image 10

Edited by King Marth 64

BTW, FEW has some non-sepia'd CGs here]

jawdrop.gif

何でそれは聞いたことない!?

They colored the ones the Beta CGs didn't have fully colored.

You got a scanner to scan the remaining artworks? j/k

I actually do. Wait for me to get the book. XD

Just got it in the mail today. Honestly if I saw it in any bookstore, I would DEFINITELY have bought it on the spot.

A funny thing for me while reading it. Obviously, for the lords in FE6/FE7, it states that they will marry those they have an A support with in the Epilogue.

First thing of course, with me obviously being me, took a look at Eliwood's. So it lists everyone, Ninian, Lyn, and Fiora. It's like that for every lord. Except they only choose one particular CG and don't show the others.

Eliwood's is with Ninian

Hector is with Lyn

Roy is with Lilina (No CG obviously, it's FE6.)

That's more than official for me.

That is if you ignore Lyn's shown with Eliwood. But I guess there will never be a "Word of God" statement about pairings, ever. I mean that's the point of the A support pairings.

Edited by shadowofchaos

What is Mist saying when she's flashing the reader in the movie concept art? Does it give insight into why she is flashing us?

I think (not reading the text) that's just details on what she's supposed to look like under her skirt :x And she's just commenting.

Zettai Ryouiki

It's too little to tell. I looked with a magnifying glass, and I STILL can't tell the 2nd and 3rd to last character.

当然ダ*something**something*

Doubt my scanner's gonna pick it up.

Zettai Ryouiki

It's too little to tell. I looked with a magnifying glass, and I STILL can't tell the 2nd and 3rd to last character.

当然ダ*something**something*

Doubt my scanner's gonna pick it up.

I was going to make a joke about how you were using a magnifying glass to look up Mist's skirt, but then I resisted.

Apparently not well enough. Jokes aside, I'm liking the new stuff we've seen so far, and am waiting on bated breath for the rest of the scans to come in. Good work guys

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping to scan some more pictures today, but I was more tired than I thought and I'm also worried that I'm wrecking my book too much.

Additions:

Lyre

Kyza

Laguz sketches

Ike by Senri Kita

Roy and co by the HnT mangaka

Not the 20th anniversary book, but close enough:

Look familiar?