Rate the Unit, Day 19: Raven

Raven

Who else other than myself to introduce Raven's RtU topic on this fine weekend?

He loses 2 AS from his Steel sword™. But nobody gives a shit because he's still doubling everything with his base 15 (fifteen) speed.

His base 10 strength gives him enough power to ORKO every unit, some even with a simple Iron sword.

His awesomeness doesn't slacken either. He keeps up his good performance through good growths. Namely HP and Strength being his best assets at 85% and 55% respectively, however he doesn't fuck about when it comes to skill and speed either, at 40% and 45% respectively.

That's not all. The mad cunt promotes into a Hero, unlocking the ability to use Hand axes. While he was locked to swords and 1-range as a mercenary, his potential is now fully unlocked. Nothing is safe.

He destroys everything on an upward scale. The enemies, and the whole game in general.

Raven's rating: 100%.

Scores so far (worst to best):

Wil: 1.86

Bartre: 2.8

Rebecca: 3.13

Dorcas: 4.1

Eliwood: 5.34

Guy: 5.63

Erk: 6.05

Lyn: 6.12

Matthew: 6.3

Serra: 6.3

Oswin: 6.7

Lowen: 6.75

Kent: 8.17

Hector: 8.3

Priscilla: 8.3

Florina: 8.43

Sain: 8.83

Marcus: 9.29

Edited by Razer

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Raven. Why must you be such a pain to get? His stats are sexy, his growths are sexy, and he shows up just in time for his very own promotional item. Unlike Guy, he gains 1-2 range on promotion. While his support affinity isn't an amazing blasting one, it does net him some critical evade, which he appreciates.

Unfortunately, he doesn't fly.

9/10

doesn't have the CON to wield axes.

Before anyone tries to contest this statement, I'd like to point out that Raven losing a lot of AS from Steel Blades and Steel Axes is kind of a big deal because it puts him out of doubling range of certain enemies when he's first promoted and he doesn't have access to any other weapons that match their power. Raven's str is also not amazing.

Edited by dondon151

Kills a lot of shit but doesn't have 1-2 range until promotion and doesn't have the CON to wield axes. Also no mount. 8/10

So now Horace has just quoted me once and I've just quoted Horace once.

No pony, how can anyone compensate with that problem?

I'll tell you how.

You become Raven and have enough Str to kill everything and enough speed to double forever while also having schmexy HHM stats.

9.5/10

I'm a sucker for Raven, I'm sorry.

Before anyone tries to contest this statement, I'd like to point out that Raven losing a lot of AS from Steel Blades and Steel Axes is kind of a big deal because it puts him out of doubling range of certain enemies when he's first promoted and he doesn't have access to any other weapons that match their power. Raven's str is also not amazing.

Um...why would you ever give Raven anything but a hand axe (axe-wise)? His offense is more than sufficient with a steel sword or killing edge most of the time. Decent HM base, 55% growth?

Anyways, 9/10. He is one of the best combat units in the game.

Kills a lot of shit but doesn't have 1-2 range until promotion and doesn't have the CON to wield axes. Also no mount. 8/10

Horace has been quoted twice.

Personalitywise, I'd give him a 3/10. Wants revenge on the main chartacter's family, and is emo? Cliche.

Um...why would you ever give Raven anything but a hand axe (axe-wise)? His offense is more than sufficient with a steel sword or killing edge most of the time. Decent HM base, 55% growth?

Wyverns. Steel Axe vs. Killing Edge is a 4 atk difference on this one.

Chapter 23x enemies require 24 atk to consistently ORKO; Raven doesn't gain str upon promotion and has trouble reaching 14/1 in efficient play for the requisite 15 str needed to reach 24 atk with a Killing Edge. He reaches 13 str at 11/1 on average, but 12-13 AS with a Steel Blade renders him unable to double any of the enemies in the magic seal.

Edited by dondon151

Wyverns. Steel Axe vs. Killing Edge is a 4 atk difference on this one.

Chapter 23x enemies require 24 atk to consistently ORKO; Raven doesn't gain str upon promotion and has trouble reaching 14/1 in efficient play for the requisite 15 str needed to reach 24 atk with a Killing Edge. He reaches 13 str at 11/1 on average, but 12-13 AS with a Steel Blade renders him unable to double any of the enemies in the magic seal.

*Checks FFO wyverns*

Yep, you're right. Steel Axe does make it a reliable KO over Steel Sword for them (they also happen to be just about the most durable enemies in the game), although KE still brings it to like 60% chance of ORKO. That being said, I'm seeing Raven doubling the fastest of them (highest SPD, iron lance, 9 AS) at (with promo +2 SPD and +1 CON) 13/1 to 14/1; technically, he also does it at 20/--, but he can't even use axes before promo, so meh.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

Good boss killer, accurate, strong, and fast 1-2 range, and the person not named Hector most likely to get ferried to combat. All that said, mounted units in this game are so plentiful and good, it obviously hurts him. 8/10

He isn't the best hero i have had but still kicks quite a bit of ass he has good stats and doesn't dissapoint.

the only other con is that he ain't flying that would be sweet 7.5/10

Edited by xblade

Wil: 1.86

Bartre: 2.8

Rebecca: 3.13

Dorcas: 4.1

Eliwood: 5.34

Guy: 5.63

Erk: 6.05

Lyn: 6.12

Matthew: 6.3

Serra: 6.3