Rate the Unit, Day 19: Raven

Raven

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before anyone tries to contest this statement, I'd like to point out that Raven losing a lot of AS from Steel Blades and Steel Axes is kind of a big deal because it puts him out of doubling range of certain enemies when he's first promoted and he doesn't have access to any other weapons that match their power. Raven's str is also not amazing.

Sain's got 60% str growth while Raven's got 55%. I think that's pretty well up there in terms of strength in this game.

Most of the time he doesn't even need a Steel axe to kill things once promoted. The only problem I can see are wyverns, which you probably won't be taking on with Raven anyway. When Raven promotes, he has 16AS with the Steel axe, dishing out 29 damage per hit with it, while with an Iron axe he has 21AS and can deal 26 damage per hit with it. However the Devil axe can get the Axe rank up to C before it even breaks. That on top of support with Priscilla makes him a killing machine.

Edited by Razer

Everything said already, but the fact that he is so amazing, that he often does for me because he ORKOs so much in one EP, that I just get unlucky.

Nope. There is no such thing as a 20/1 Raven in efficient play. Most Ravens will only have about 13-14 AS upon promotion with a Steel Axe.

I'd expect a 20/1 Raven to exist in a ranked run.

I'd expect a 20/1 Raven to exist in a ranked run.

Not really. Pre promotion he's swordlocked remember? Only reason he isn't promoted as soon as he hits 10 is because he'll have some more time to make good use of those growths of his.

Great Speed, Attack, HP, pretty much everything but DEF. He's one of my favorite characters and has an awesome death quote, but I'm going to have to give him a 9/10 (lower than most people voted) because of that horrid DEF. I think Lucius turned up with more Defense in one of my playthroughs (if not, then it was pretty close). Don't get me wrong, he's a good character and 9 is a good score, but I really wanted to give him a higher score, although I couldn't bring myself to after the mediocre average that everyone gave Oswin.

Great Speed, Attack, HP, pretty much everything but DEF. He's one of my favorite characters and has an awesome death quote, but I'm going to have to give him a 9/10 (lower than most people voted) because of that horrid DEF. I think Lucius turned up with more Defense in one of my playthroughs (if not, then it was pretty close). Don't get me wrong, he's a good character and 9 is a good score, but I really wanted to give him a higher score, although I couldn't bring myself to after the mediocre average that everyone gave Oswin.

Since when does Def matter on Raven? He's got good HP, solid dodge and WTC. Also PEMN. Use averages. Lucius starts with 1 def and 10% growth, Raven 5 with 25%. Guess who has more def.

Edited by Daigoji Excellen

Not really. Pre promotion he's swordlocked remember? Only reason he isn't promoted as soon as he hits 10 is because he'll have some more time to make good use of those growths of his.

You really don't want to promote before level 20 in a ranked run unless there's a DAMN good reason to do it for EXP rank reasons.

Raven's combat is so awesome that being swordlocked doesn't really matter (at least, in the chapters before he promotes), or better put, matter enough to shoot yourself in the foot with an early promo.

Kills everithing yeah .

Its not worth much to be Overkill In a game where Enemies are lol . He's (over)hyped just like Holsety!Sety .

No Mount which means less kills .

Bottom line :

Combat isn't worth much in FE7 .

7/10 for a Ranked playstile .

Kills everithing yeah .

Its not worth much to be Overkill In a game where Enemies are lol . He's (over)hyped just like Holsety!Sety .

No Mount which means less kills .

Bottom line :

Combat isn't worth much in FE7 .

7/10 for a Ranked playstile .

It is, because while HHM enemies don't have a lot of AS, they do have pretty beefy defensive stats.

My point is that Raven doesnt really stand out of the Cast .

With Guys like Sain, Marcus,Hector and Lyn (against Cavaliers) around he's not too Special to warrant a higher score .

In other words : You have plenty of options to kill stuff, Raven is just another one of those options .

If anything, Raven is proof that swords are bad in this game. He's absolutely terrible until promotion.

What are you smoking?

He's amazing post-promotion with hand axes, but he cannot be called terrible before promo. No. Fucking. Way.

7/10. No horse, sword locked at first, and even with hand axes after promotion, he's not doing anything so spectacular that he's adding to a fast mounted team. It's not like our pallies are having much trouble ORKOing stuff. As has been said before, good combat isn't all that hard to come by in FE7. It's nice to have such awesome combat, but there are things I'd take over it. Especially when he can struggle to reach said awesome combat.

Edited by Rewjeo

What are you smoking?

He's amazing post-promotion with hand axes, but he cannot be called terrible before promo. No. Fucking. Way.

What are you smoking? I don't know of any drug that makes feces so consistently come out of one's mouth.

Edited by dondon151

Raven faces a lot of Lances in the game, and he's got competition for the Lancereaver in 17x. Once he promotes he has Axes so he doesn't have to worry, but he actually does have some issues pre-promotion, mainly because he's probably going to be in the front so he can promote quickly.