Tales of Lucia

Ziose0

Okay, so awhile ago I had begun work on my first rom hack, although I pretty much rushed into it and started working on it quick and such just to get my work out there for publicity. But now that I've learned a bit more about character development and event hacking, I've decided to restart my project, previously titled, Tales of Artrucia. Besides the fact that Artrucia was more complicated to remember and spell than Lucia, I've redone many of my characters, mostly getting rid on all of the characters who were just recolorings with the exception of a few, and making sure that this time, all the colors coincided with each other since they were mixed up a good bit. But here's the main story this time since it's changed a bit.

[spoiler=Storyline]

There was once a great war. The country of Symphia, said to hold the greatest military power at the time, conquered all using the combined strength of the Dragonkin and the Eio'lukai, or dragonmasters. It seemed that all hope was lost, but through the combined efforts of Iselia, the agricultural country, Alphalia, the Holy Empire, and Gnorr the land of the Guilds, Symphia was defeated. During this war, the beastmen, a race of beast humanoids, sided with Symphia, and as a result of their loss in the war, the Beastmen were chased out of the four countries and forced to flee to the Great Plains of Koran. The Dragonkin, for their assult on Lucia, were wiped out, the few survivors fleeing to the underworlds of Lucia. Two years after Symphia's defeat, the continent of Lucia shows signs of returning to normal, however peace cannot last forever. There is talk of cults, traitors among countries, the return of the vengeful Beastmen, and even whispers of the defeated Dragonkin returning to seek vengance as well. But could all of this be but stories?

For the time being, I'm currently working on releasing a patch once I've finished ACT I up to chapter 5.

Screenshots will also be along in due time below:

[spoiler=Screenshots]

screen01po.pngscreen02jv.pngscreen03m.pngscreen04q.pngscreen05k.pngscreen10g.pngscreen12mt.pngscreen09k.pngscreen06q.pngscreen14rz.pngscreen16u.pngscreen17t.pngscreen18q.pngscreen19p.pngscreen20t.pngscreen21c.pngscreen25eh.pngscreen26.pngscreen23z.pngscreen27t.pngscreen29u.pngscreen30d.pngscreen31u.pngscreen32j.png

Also special thanks :lol:

[spoiler=Credits]

MageKnight404: For getting me started on FE rom hacking in the first place, as well as allowing me to use his Armorknight animation until I learn how to make animations.

Blazer (Back at Feshrine) I believe you're Luffy on here, but I'm not sure. But thanks for all of the editting help and such you've provided for me in the past year or so :D

Shadowofchaos: event hacking, animation and portrait help, as well as my other various question

Arch: For your amazing Event Making tutorial

And to all others I've seemed to have forgotten at the time, I thank you for your help, as I will continue adding on here.

And now the first patch!

Tales of Lucia patch I

Updated: Patch I with errors fixed:

Tales of Lucia Patch fixed

Edited by ziose0

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucia Versus the World

It would be cool to see a hack where all the shitty characters of FE team up to prove that they're not worthless!

For maximum trollage, the final boss is a really good FE character, and the fight is unwinnable.

It would be cool to see a hack where all the shitty characters of FE team up to prove that they're not worthless!

Several of the Genealogy of *** hacks reuse not-so popular characters with modified stats and growths, often improving them. This sort of answers your "it would be cool" interest :p

• 4 weeks later...

The First patch has been uploaded. It goes up to Ch. IV, instead of Ch. V as I had intended. But since I've been busy, I was not sure if I would be able to get to it any time soon, so here's the progress I had made last month.

I need to get the bit of progress I had made out, to make sure I don't get lazy and just close off this project...again...but i've upload a few screenshots. I want to go back and fix a few though.

So Noah's palette puts a big black spot in the middle of his face. The maps you have a very basic which is fine for the early stages of a hack. In Chapter 3 the village Penelope starts on just says, (Increases Speed) and nothing happens. In Noah's death quote Penelope's face pops up on both sides of the screen and glitches out. When Neilson talks to Laurel and she gives him the iron lance, she says, "Sister...Right!" which I think should be him saying that. The second in command in chapter 4's name is still Dart.

I'm leaving Noah's palette as such for the time being, because it's what I'm choosing to work with. Theres a patch of blue on his arm as well.

Map-wise...I'm horrible, so I'm either going to have to ask for help with that at a later time, or just do the best I can.

Ch. III, I played through and it says it's fixed <_<. But Maybe I fixed it before I made the patch.

The rest I was unaware of, thank you.

No problem. Not a bad hack I must say. I like the plot line as much as I have seen. Another thing, I believe it's chapter 2, the night mission. It is a rout enemy/kill boss goal, but the box says seize throne.

The sprites are pretty obvious, cant you go for something more complex?

Explain what you mean by that?

And Fuzz, thanks, I'll fix those few errors and then I'll repost the patch with this fixes. I'd appreciate any other advice or found errors you can provide

Edited by ziose0

The shaman is a generic enemy just used as a boss in that chapter. So there's no problem there. As for the splices, I'm not as concerned, because the thing that makes them most obvious is their faces, which are exactly how I depicted there. Plus, I'm a writer, not a spriter...or a mapper haha. All of the generic enemies are easily identified as well. This is only one of the stories I'm planning to use with this hack. The next generation's sprites are the ones I spent the most work and time on. And even some of them are obvious. Doesn't make them bad

Doesn't make them bad

Mmmm yes it does.

It takes away from them as characters if they still look like what they've been spliced from.

Now, you don't have to change them if you don't want to, but I'd highly suggest it.

People prefer to look at more complex and clean splices than simple, easy to tell ones.

Like this:

Michaelsofar.png

I'm pretty sure it's just Wil and Lugh's hair, stuck on Roy's face stuck on Erk's body. It's not really a complex splice (It's not even all that clean tbh, I have some work to do fixing up) but people would enjoy it more simply because it doesn't look exactly like Lugh recolored (Although it's not that far from it :/)

I understand. Well, I mean, I'll work on that once I have time then. But as for the generic enemy, as well as some of the bosses because they become generic, I believe it's safe to say I can leave them alone, right?

But Still, I will work on splicing the mugs more in spare time I suppose.