Coverage in Famitsu - Casual mode option returns.

deuxhero

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're strapped on gold in FE12 :B): .

That game gives you so much money and weapons that the game actually freely sells you an insane amount of stat boosters in-base, along with an arena, and you could still be so well off you will have no idea what to do with that money.

FE5

What FE game are you strapped for gold where gold actually maters?

Scoring systems are a matter of skill measurement to distinguish between players. Stop pestering me with obnoxious questions if you can't figure it out, please.

I'm only pestering you if you decide to be pestered. I don't know why people on this forum are so averse to opposing opinions sometimes- and I'm wondering why you are so anti-grinding when it is just one way to play.

The game's own measure of "skill measurement" is still completely arbitrary and not the only style of play that exists.

Well, I've never hit 6 digits in gold, and I bankrupted myself pretty handily halfway through FE12, so I disagree that the game throws a lot of money at you.

I think it depends on the Mode. on Lunatic and Lunatic Reverse you run out earlier(usually before you get the next bullion in my experience) than the other modes because of things such as the preparation arena being more expensive and for OHKO's or ORKO's you need to spend more gold forging weapons. Plus you'll be relying on the more expensive weapons more frequently.

But on H2 or lower you get the Silver card in chapter 10, so excluding forges and the preparations menu shop you effectively have up to twice as much money to work with and you don't need to spend as much on effective weapon forges, Silvers and effective weapons as the enemy HP and speeds are lower.

Though unless the prices for everything are alot higher in FE13, yeah you'll never that in FE12.

I played through Gaiden, too!

Wait, why are people talking about gold? The guys trim?

Or is there a shop screenshot I missed? >>

On the screenshot on the last page(in King Marth 64's post) that shows Anna, the player has 103,025 gold.

Glad to hear it's returned. Just hope it's a legitimate mode and not 'lol you play easy you no get full game' like some companies do. Reaching out and making the game more accessable to the masses is always a good thing, especially when you have a niche game in which the community is geared towards difficulty/efficiency. Can make things seem very daunting.

Glad to hear it's returned. Just hope it's a legitimate mode and not 'lol you play easy you no get full game' like some companies do. Reaching out and making the game more accessable to the masses is always a good thing, especially when you have a niche game in which the community is geared towards difficulty/efficiency. Can make things seem very daunting.

lol, what a silly thing to say. The community in no way stops people from playing Fire Emblem any more than Smogen stops people from playing Pokemon.

So basically Krom and Liz are the noble version of Ike and mist ?

Nah, Liz has hose, making Mist's gratuitous panty shots impossible, and Ike is defined by his lack of nobility, so "noble version of" is just "FE Lord".

Edited by deuxhero

lol, what a silly thing to say. The community in no way stops people from playing Fire Emblem any more than Smogen stops people from playing Pokemon.

Quite the opposite, especially with the internet and forums becoming more accessible and useful. Quite often people will come online not understanding or knowing a system of the game or being incapable of beating a certain boss/solving a certain puzzle and normal guides don't help. This often times happens with people who are either new to the series or playing just for fun as well. It's not uncommon for forum posters to take a snooty approach to them, almost to insulting levels, when they simply don't understand a situation. This is a general problem that happens on all games (I remember getting chewed out pretty bad in Skyrim when I questioned the value of enchanting/blacksmithing as I didn't grasp just how overpowered they were together) and I can list about twenty games where I personally know people who refuse to play soly because of the online community (FE7-10, ME 1/2, WoW, Skyrim, FFVII/X-2, Pokemon games (counted as one), CoD games (counted as one), Soul Caliber V, L4D, FO:NV, DAO/2, and Jade Empire off the top of my head). The reasons for each vary from fanboys being too rabid in their like of one game (FE7/FFVII), to the dislike of another (FF X-2), to being outright condescending at times (WoW), too self-focused (CoD), and other such things. I know you're thinking 'Those are mainly online games though'. That's true. However, as I said, I know the people who played them and have asked them why they refuse, and they've said that they dislike the people who play it so much that they refuse to touch it.

I mean, imagine how you would feel if you bought this game for fun, started it up, was having fun with your team, then got stuck and went online to ask why you were having trouble and a noticeable portion of the responses were people telling you that your team is awful/you're a bad player? There's a very real chance you wouldn't want to touch the game ever again.

You're still basically agreeing with what I said above, you do know that?

How much I think Smogen stops people from playing Pokemon is an entirely different matter.

The only problem about casual mode is How the comunity receives the "Casual mode players", They are either ignored or told that is not the same.

The main example is that recent topic on FE12 board about Casual+Lunatic that no one has bothered to reply.

I mean, imagine how you would feel if you bought this game for fun, started it up, was having fun with your team, then got stuck and went online to ask why you were having trouble and a noticeable portion of the responses were people telling you that your team is awful/you're a bad player? There's a very real chance you wouldn't want to touch the game ever again.

If you actually get stuck in a Fire Emblem game then perhaps questioning your tactics or team composition would indeed be wise?