• Announcements

• Tangerine

Serenes Forest Scribbles 2016 has begun, Raffle prizes have been updated!   12/03/16

Hey everyone! We've started up our Creative event once more, you can check out the thread here:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=67567

If you're new here, it's an event where people can submit something they've created for the chance to have some fun and win some prizes. If you've got a talent you'd like to share with the FE community, there's no harm in giving it a go!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
King Marth 64

The two possible enemies from the Fire Emblem: Awakening in the Famitsu scans

Guess?   27 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Geriba might be in the game?

• I thinks he's might be a Unrecruitable Boss
    • I thinks he's might be a Recruitable Enemy
    • Might be a Non-Playable Character
    • I am not sure?
  2. 2. How do you Narazumono or the Ruffian might be in the game?

• I thinks he's might be a Unrecruitable Boss
    • I thinks he's might be a Recruitable Enemy
    • I am not sure?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 posts in this topic

Ok, I notice there are more new characters revealed revealed from the scans and there is two characters [b]Geriba[/b] and the Blond Hair Swordsman Ruffian fighting Krom from the scan (I think someone said his name is Narazumono), but we probably not sure about them, so I will make the poll so that you can decide to guess until we have more info revealed about them.

Geriba
[img]http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/geriba.jpg[/img]

And Blond Hair Swordsman Ruffian (Narazumono? - I have no idea what his name is)
[img]http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/spiker500/battleprepkinda.png[/img] Edited by King Marth 64

I hope Narazumono is playable! He is so awesome looking! Come on Nintendo! Release this game OUTSIDE OF JAPAN instead of keeping it in one part of the world! And we can also see if that swordsman ruffian guy is playable(and of course that other one).

Narazumono basically means "bandit," I believe... So I would venture he's a generic enemy. Edited by Rewjeo

[quote name='King Marth 64' date='16 February 2012 - 07:55 PM' timestamp='1329450956' post='1854854']

And Blond Hair Swordsman Ruffian (Narazumono? - I have no idea what his name is)
[img]http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/spiker500/battleprepkinda.png[/img]
[/quote]
I don't even think you need to know moonspeak to know that's not an individual character. Just recognizing how names work in Fire Emblem will clue you in to that.

The other dude I'm guessing is an enemy, but I'm guessing, is all.

ならず者 (Narazumono)-Does mean Ruffian so it's just a generic enemy、 I'm guessing Geriba is the ruffian leader or just a boss of that map so not recruitable. Edited by Generic Operator

[quote name='Ein Silver Rose' date='17 February 2012 - 05:59 AM' timestamp='1329458376' post='1854915']
So the faceless enemies are gonna have faces?

That's new.
[/quote]

I believe in Tear Ring Saga, all Generic enemies had portraits with hidden eyes.

[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090630134160/fireemblem/images/1/15/Oneil.gif[/img]

[quote name='King Marth 64' date='16 February 2012 - 07:55 PM' timestamp='1329450956' post='1854854']
[img]http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/spiker500/battleprepkinda.png[/img]
[/quote]

Like people have said... generic.

[quote name='King Marth 64' date='15 February 2012 - 10:30 AM' timestamp='1329330630' post='1853330']
And I see the Blond Hair Man with the Sword in his portrait looks like an enemy unit (possibly more like Boss or Recruitable Enemy)
[/quote]

[quote name='VincentASM' date='15 February 2012 - 10:47 AM' timestamp='1329331639' post='1853344']
The enemy's just a Ruffian. You can tell if a character is generic if their name contains hiragana or kanji (which requires you to know a little Japanese).
[/quote]

VincentASM said himself that USUALLY you can tell that a character is generic if they have Hiragana and/or Kanji as their label.

Most, [u][b]if not all[/b][/u] Fire Emblem characters have Katakana as their names.

If you don't know moonspeak/Japanese:

Hiragana: Simple looking, curvy-stylized type characters such as: あ、い、う、え、お、か、き、く、け、こ、etc...

Kanji: Chinese characters. You can tell simply by looking: 漢字、言葉、etc.

Katakana: Kind of straight-edgy versions of Hiragana, considering they have the exact same pronunciations: ア、イ、ウ、エ、オ、カ、キ、ク、ケ、コ、etc...

If it has complicated looking characters in it, it's usually generic, even with Katakana.

Like for example from FE7:

[IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/shadowofchaos725/FE%20Screenshots/Caelinhei.png[/IMG]

キアラン兵 = Caelin (Soldier) aka Generics. Edited by shadowofchaos

[quote name='Celice' date='17 February 2012 - 03:50 PM' timestamp='1329457843' post='1854908']
I don't even think you need to know moonspeak to know that's not an individual character. Just recognizing how names work in Fire Emblem will clue you in to that.[/quote]
Go on, then. Tell me how names work in Fire Emblem, keeping in mind I am effectively illiterate.

As for the OP, how [i]do [/i]you Narazumono? It's something that I've been wondering for a while now. Edited by Furetchen

[quote name='Furetchen' date='16 February 2012 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1329461144' post='1854938']
Go on, then. Tell me how names work in Fire Emblem, keeping in mind I am effectively illiterate.

As for the OP, how [i]do [/i]you Narazumono? It's something that I've been wondering for a while now.
[/quote]
[quote]
VincentASM said himself that USUALLY you can tell that a character is generic if they have Hiragana and/or Kanji as their label.

Most, if not all Fire Emblem characters have Katakana as their names.[/quote]
That's how.

[quote name='shadowofchaos' date='17 February 2012 - 04:22 PM' timestamp='1329459762' post='1854927']Most, [u][b]if not all[/b][/u] Fire Emblem characters have Katakana as their names.[/quote]
The only FE character whose name isn't in katakana who comes to mind is the Black Knight... which isn't a name.

[quote name='General Banzai' date='17 February 2012 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1329460510' post='1854934']
"Man I wish generic bandit was playable!"

We have reached that moment in time, folks.
[/quote]
it's fe8 c5 all over again

I imagined the generic enemies would have their eyes more concealed, as per Emperor Hardin's post.

Bahahaha, they're both enemys. Just because they have mugs means nothing. We can recruit that one corpse solider, too, right?

[quote name='Ike-Mike' date='17 February 2012 - 04:52 AM' timestamp='1329472364' post='1855008']
I imagined the generic enemies would have their eyes more concealed, as per Emperor Hardin's post.
[/quote]
The eyes are still shadowed, just not somehow invisible like the ones in FE9/FE10/Berwick.

[quote name='shadowofchaos' date='17 February 2012 - 04:22 PM' timestamp='1329459762' post='1854927']
If you don't know moonspeak/Japanese:

Hiragana: Simple looking, curvy-stylized type characters such as: あ、い、う、え、お、か、き、く、け、こ、etc...
Kanji: Chinese characters. You can tell simply by looking: 漢字、言葉、etc.
Katakana: Kind of straight-edgy versions of Hiragana, considering they have the exact same pronunciations: ア、イ、ウ、エ、オ、カ、キ、ク、ケ、コ、etc...
[/quote][quote name='Celice' date='17 February 2012 - 05:21 PM' timestamp='1329463277' post='1854966']
That's how.
[/quote]
... I swear that wasn't there before I posted.

Yes, I know the last edit was a full fifteen minutes before my post. I post slowly.

[size=1]or maybe i'm just not very observant[/size]

[quote name='General Banzai' date='16 February 2012 - 10:35 PM' timestamp='1329460510' post='1854934']

[/quote]

To be fair, that's a pretty cool looking generic bandit.

I wish Batta The Beast was playable. [img]http://serenesforest.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/gee_wiz_emoticon.gif[/img]

[quote name='Refa' date='19 February 2012 - 08:07 AM' timestamp='1329638865' post='1856769']
I wish Batta The Beast was playable. [img]http://serenesforest.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/gee_wiz_emoticon.gif[/img]
[/quote]
He wasn't really generic, but I think that his theme was totally kickass and he should have been a CO in his own right.

EDIT: For some reason I was thinking of The Beast from AW4. Derp. Edited by Anouleth

[quote name='Furetchen' date='17 February 2012 - 12:45 AM' timestamp='1329461144' post='1854938']
As for the OP, how [i]do [/i]you Narazumono? It's something that I've been wondering for a while now.
[/quote]
ならず者 is also a label used in FE12 for bandits.

[quote name='General Banzai' date='17 February 2012 - 01:35 AM' timestamp='1329460510' post='1854934']

[/quote]

I've been at that point my whole life. If I could trade all of FE4 gen 1 for winners like Gandolf and Kinbois I wouldn't even need to think about it. The same goes for all the Harold clones.

[quote name='Duff Ostrich' date='19 February 2012 - 01:53 PM' timestamp='1329688395' post='1857208']
I've been at that point my whole life. If I could trade all of FE4 gen 1 for winners like Gandolf and Kinbois I wouldn't even need to think about it. The same goes for all the Harold clones.
[/quote]
I always wanted Voltz to be playable.

But this is even worse; Generic Bandit doesn't even have a name.

[strike]At least Veyona really is playable![/strike]

Say, why does the poll still not so much as offer an option for "generic enemy" for Mr. Generic Bandit when OP was told repeatedly before posting this thread that Mr. Generic Bandit was unquestionably a generic enemy?

[quote name='Duff Ostrich' date='19 February 2012 - 01:53 PM' timestamp='1329688395' post='1857208']
[/quote]
[quote]I always wanted Voltz to be playable.[/quote]
You guys should make it happen. It's not particularly hard, considering most of the necessary data is already documented, and you even have programs to do most of the editing for you.

[s]Harold x Shagall OTP[/s] Edited by Celice