Oh Dear...

Ingomar

I have been spriting for about 4 months now, and have gone from simple, crappy recolors to complex, even crappier splices. Although my sister says I'm improving,

I do not believe her.

stuffn.png

Made some 3 weeks ago, and yes, I realize I used pure black for the outline of the guy with the runes on his face. The FE 8 outline wasn't dark enough.

Credits to Aeorys Kirru for Blankman and The Blind Archer for the majority of the skin tones.

Edited by Ingomar

You're not the worst.

The first guy needs a shading fix on his cheek. If you're trying to make his cheeks seem sunken in, like he's old or malnourished, look at how Novala's face is shaded instead of what you've got.

and hey, at least you know that you're mediocre. Most newbies we get on the spriting boards think they're hot shit :P

Edited by seph1212

Seph being not excessively mean? What? WHATTT?

Oh, I'm not mean to people who admit that they're not that good. That means they know that they have to improve, which tends to mean they're willing to.

Too bad most new spriters don't follow this doctrine.

stuffxo.png

Attempted to fix the cheek. Somehow, part of the second guy's shoulder got jacked up, so I fixed it.

@Deranger: Yeah, I've never done anything custom before the runes, so they look really strange.

You did a semi-good job of fixing that up, but it still doesn't look that sunken. Change the shading on the inside of the indent to the 4th shade, like on Novala. (Novala is the green shaman in chapter 6 of FE8, in case you didn't know)

It's because the red was left over from Tethys' hair. It's supposed to be translucent; thus, you could see her hair color and silhouette underneath it.

...ew, that blankman thing. I'm sorry I ever spawned such a terrible blank base. orz And using Wil of all people. Good grief.

It's because the red was left over from Tethys' hair. It's supposed to be translucent; thus, you could see her hair color and silhouette underneath it.

...ew, that blankman thing. I'm sorry I ever spawned such a terrible blank base. orz And using Wil of all people. Good grief.

Oh my god

I always wondered what was up with the weird coloring in her head piece and never even thought it was translucent!!!

I feel so happy to know now XD

EDIT: oh translucent not transparent

Edited by Freohr Abr Datia

stuffu.png

AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH

Ephraim and Lugh were made such a long time ago.

Tried to make the beret translucent-ish, but failed, as always.

I now hate cheekbones.

Edited by Ingomar

• 1 month later...

Gonna have to disagree with sholes. Proportions and angles need work. Bargain has a neck that's too long/starts on his back. Top left has a small head that's set pretty far back as well. There's not enough forehead on the upper right.