Nintendo Direct 22nd Feb [Europe release confirmed]

deuxhero

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Refa, just because a group is loud, does not mean they're the majority. It can be hard to tell the difference, but it's a very unreliable metric.

I don't recall ever saying anything of the sort.

I'm implying that what Celice is saying is pure speculation.

Whew, finally finished this page.

Does anyone have any comments? : o

the first theory about the masked person sounds more plausible than the rest imo(and due to krom not trusting him it explains how they fight each other in that screen?) and i like the one about the gate which would be an excellent way to introduce new DLC chapters no?

Edited by Velth

Whew, finally finished this page.

Does anyone have any comments? : o

"Marth" could also be the other hero with the dragon mark (since he has the falchion). Them both fighting alongside to bring back peace (which is symbolized by the light orb in the trailer) would fit the 'meeting' bit in the small English excerpt. Additionally, despite them doing so, Emelina is still sheding a tear and that would fit the part about the world ending too. Hence why I believe she is possibly the "dragon, ally of mankind."

Edited by Marthur

Tomokazu Sugita is doing the voice of Krom and I'm pretty certain of that because I happen to be a fan of his work in Gintama....

*checks official site*

KromisRagna.png

Well crap.

Criticals/Skills = Inferno Divider

Great. Not only Alvin from Tales of Xillia, but now Krom too.

The whole Dragon's Gate thing actually kind of excites me in a way if it's true, because it's an awesome setup considering everyone outside of japan got their hands on FE7 which first introduced the Dragon's Gate. First off, it brings in a question of time. Considering Elibe is where the Dragon's Gate comes from, does that mean Elibe is Archanea in a deeper part of the future? If so, it brings the question of WHEN this is happening? The Binding Blade is seen as a consistent theme, seeing as Krom has one even though it's supposedly Marth's weapon. We also know that Roy eventually gets the same weapon in his adventure, of which it became famous in name as a weapon of a hero during the Scouring. So...Could this in fact be the game that shows the era of The Scouring? Is Marth's descendant the legendary Hartmut (I believe his name was)?

I think there is also a greater question at hand here. Namely, what kind of hell is Krom's world in if it originated from the uhh...other ending of FE12?

That is of course is this if the speculation is true of course. Could be missing something/could just be completely wrong.

EDIT: Allow me to double check that with the CV.

Lessee...Sugi-Dan-Chi-U

Cryptomeria-Farmland-Wise-Harmony

Now I'm not fluent enough in Japanese to know how the hell this comes together to make any phrase that makes sense, but Inferno Divider it doesn't sound like at all. In fact, it looks like gibberish to me. Anyone more fluent able to explain it?

EDIT: Or derp you meant the voicer...Still, would like to know what that phrase means.

Edited by grandjackal

*checks official site*

KromisRagna.png

Well crap.

Criticals/Skills = Inferno Divider

Great. Not only Alvin from Tales of Xillia, but now Krom too.

Wow, that is curious, why Inferno Divider? Interesting.

Anyways, this is a must to get, I do hope that NA releases this one, I find the theories very interesting too and they make sense.

Come on Nintendo of America, you've got to release this one.

Wow, that is curious, why Inferno Divider? Interesting.

Anyways, this is a must to get, I do hope that NA releases this one, I find the theories very interesting too and they make sense.

Come on Nintendo of America, you've got to release this one.

He put the pick up because it's the same voicer, not because it meant Inferno Divider.

...That's what CV means is it? x.x Oh derp, that's a NAME is it?

Something that struck me (may be horridly off) when I first saw the screenshot of "Ayra/Zihark" was that it sorta looked like the two were also masked. Could just be my eyes playing tricks on me, but the masks could correspond to the characters being summoned from this dimensional gate. Marth's mask is a butterfly, and we see that spirit butterfly in the beginning before Marth himself appears. The butterfly seems like a representation of Marth's spirit, displayed by his mask. I'm thinking that the souls of great warriors could be called from other realms to confront the dark dragon (perhaps Medeus again or Loputsu) alongside the game's designated hero (who bears a dragon's symbol), Krom.

Of course, we could also be construing that image to assume characters other than Marth are included in the main game (someone pointed out the apparent bow wielded by "Zihark"). The spirit of Marth could have returned to aid Krom, who is finishing the battle against Medeus that Marth failed to win (assuming this follows the bad ending of Mystery of the Emblem).

Isn't this guy (I have never heard of him):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomokazu_Sugita

Yes. And his fame was caused by, as Wikipedia said, "Best known for his role as Gintoki in Gintama, he also voices Kyon in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" and the current thing by the 2D Fighter "Blazblue" with his role as the protagonist "Ragna the Bloodedge".

TV Tropes puts it as:

One of the seiyuus who went from virtually unnoticed to VERY POPULAR thanks to the anime juggernaut that is The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, where he voiced Kyon.

Man, and I heard his voice before I even knew who he was.

"Before that, some people might recognize him as Hideki from Chobits, but, well that's quite in the past."

He is also one of the three main voice actor hosts of the Radio show "Blueraji" (Blazblue Radio) that promotes things related to the game. His friend Yuichi Nakamura serves as the voice of Hazama, the main antagonist in Continuum Shift. They also have roles in Key Visual Arts anime "Kanon" and "Clannad" as the main hero respectively.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Hey, Vincent. Any chance that the alternate dimension island in 24x of FESD is the same as the "Dragon's Gate" island in this picture?

sc3_2.jpg

The Alterspire is on a island, but its position is more towards the centre and you can't see other land masses. I do think there might be a gate there though.

He put the pick up because it's the same voicer, not because it meant Inferno Divider.

...That's what CV means is it? x.x Oh derp, that's a NAME is it?

My bad, didn't see that part.

Mmmm, I'm curious, how many characters of other games will there be available? It would be cool to see a good number (I want to say all of them, butwon't happen).

Edited by Light Lord

Could just be my eyes playing tricks on me, but the masks could correspond to the characters being summoned from this dimensional gate. Marth's mask is a butterfly, and we see that spirit butterfly in the beginning before Marth himself appears. The butterfly seems like a representation of Marth's spirit, displayed by his mask. I'm thinking that the souls of great warriors could be called from other realms to confront the dark dragon (perhaps Medeus again or Loputsu) alongside the game's designated hero (who bears a dragon's symbol), Krom.

What is this? Fate Stay Night? XD

I checked on Wikipedia of Krom's Japanese Voice actor and he did the voice of Master Kazuhira Miller in the Japanese version of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (See Here) That's where Super Smash Bros. Brawl's 3rd party fighter Solid Snake on.

http://en.wikipedia....azu_Sugita#2010

Edited by King Marth 64

Not sure where to post this but Andriasang has posted a better picture of the artbox:

fe13Artbox.jpg

The characters that were mistaken for Zihark and Ayra appear to be in it above Krom.

Also, WHOSE IDEA WAS IT TO SLAP THAT BLACK BOX IN FRONT OF THE ART!? Just looking at it makes me bang my head on my keyboard.

Something that struck me (may be horridly off) when I first saw the screenshot of "Ayra/Zihark" was that it sorta looked like the two were also masked. Could just be my eyes playing tricks on me, but the masks could correspond to the characters being summoned from this dimensional gate. Marth's mask is a butterfly, and we see that spirit butterfly in the beginning before Marth himself appears. The butterfly seems like a representation of Marth's spirit, displayed by his mask. I'm thinking that the souls of great warriors could be called from other realms to confront the dark dragon (perhaps Medeus again or Loputsu) alongside the game's designated hero (who bears a dragon's symbol), Krom.

Of course, we could also be construing that image to assume characters other than Marth are included in the main game (someone pointed out the apparent bow wielded by "Zihark"). The spirit of Marth could have returned to aid Krom, who is finishing the battle against Medeus that Marth failed to win (assuming this follows the bad ending of Mystery of the Emblem).

They aren't masked.

And I doubt it will happen unless IS is aiming at trolling its fanbase.I mean, announcing that old characters will come back for nostalgia's sake doesn't make sense, if you're going to censor their face with butterfly masks.

Edited by Marthur

so is the masked marth an enemy ? krom is attacking him in one of the videos and on the box everyone seems to be attacking towards the same direction as krom except the sirius inspired marth.(though it could just be an artistic touch)

so is the masked marth an enemy ? krom is attacking him in one of the videos and on the box everyone seems to be attacking towards the same direction as krom except the sirius inspired marth.(though it could just be an artistic touch)

The artbox also seems to indicate that "Marth" will be an opponent since he's facing one direction while the other ones are facing the opposite one. Still, I also like how his sword is pointed towards the same direction as the others. With that and the trailer, I'd say it's pretty obvious they'll join forces at some point, at least temporarily. I just hope the reason won't be as stupid as Radiant Dawn's.