Nintendo Direct 22nd Feb [Europe release confirmed]

deuxhero

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going by his expression I say there is just something icky in the direction they are facing and he doesn't want to get to close to it.

On a lightly less silly note, it seems rather weird to me to have an antagonist who looks so significantly physically weaker then the hero. Even Marth looked bulkier in his previous appearances.

On a lightly less silly note, it seems rather weird to me to have an antagonist who looks so significantly physically weaker then the hero. Even Marth looked bulkier in his previous appearances.

Have previous "true" antagonists in the series ever appeared on box arts?

I don't remember that ever happening, so even if Marth isn't exactly a protagonist, his role is still something... different.

Have previous "true" antagonists in the series ever appeared on box arts?

I don't remember that ever happening, so even if Marth isn't exactly a protagonist, his role is still something... different.

FE1 and FE3 both had Garnef and Medeus appear

FE2 - Well, I guess that guy in the background is totally an important antagonist

FE6 had Idoun and Zephidel

FE9 had Ashnard in the background

FE10 had Micaiah in the foreground

Anyway, it would be nothing new.

Yes. And his fame was caused by, as Wikipedia said, "Best known for his role as Gintoki in Gintama, he also voices Kyon in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" and the current thing by the 2D Fighter "Blazblue" with his role as the protagonist "Ragna the Bloodedge".

So is Krom going to make pithy remarks and have a dry sense of wit? That would be pretty cool.

I checked on Wikipedia of Krom's Japanese Voice actor and he did the voice of Master Kazuhira Miller in the Japanese version of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (See Here) That's where Super Smash Bros. Brawl's 3rd party fighter Solid Snake on.

http://en.wikipedia....azu_Sugita#2010

McDonald McMiller? Liquid Snake? Metal Gear? It can't be!

Even better!

Is it just me, or does his expression look sinister? There's something up with him, for certain.

The intrigue!

Man, I am so hyped for this game, guys.

FE1 and FE3 both had Garnef and Medeus appear

FE2 - Well, I guess that guy in the background is totally an important antagonist

FE6 had Idoun and Zephidel

FE9 had Ashnard in the background

FE10 had Micaiah in the foreground

Anyway, it would be nothing new.

FE8 had Sacred Stones on its cover.

Is it just me, or does his expression look sinister? There's something up with him, for certain.

If anything, Krom is the sinister one. In pretty much everything we've seen him in, he looks really pissed off.

I'm surprised none of you have yet to comment on the velocity of the image. It's connoting a drastic shift in power, with Krom's band wiping cleanly through, yet this masked figure (there is no confirmation of Marth, yet!) is sliding without effort nor difficulty against their violent movement. That's a very telling notion in itself. Also, if we're in the mood for analyzing, you should all reacquaint yourselves with the new characters and "religious" group introduced in FE13. And also Roro. Who was a mystical beast summoned, donning a Mask. I wouldn't be surprised if these past two remakes were setting up a big movement to come out, if IS wanted to go all-out and go for a cross-over series, or at the very least regame in an already-established area, like Akaneia.

I remember when me and CamustheDarkKnight were working on FERetro, we didn't necessarily connect the worlds through the Dragon's Gate, but instead noticed how each game has a specific tower of incredible importance, and we were going to connect them somehow as being important. I wonder if IS had an idea like this?

Edited by Celice

If anything, Krom is the sinister one. In pretty much everything we've seen him in, he looks really pissed off.

Anger does not mean evil. When there's a serious threat from an antagonist, good guys tend to have a lot to be pissed about.

The cover more reminds me of the falling covers of Birth By Sleep, (and the GBA Chain of Memories). Considering the logo is also inspired by another popular Square franchise... Me thinks IS's theme this time around is "Do anything and everything that we did right, and try to pass off as something more popular then ourselves, so slightly misinformed parents will pick our titles up for them"

Am I blind or does MyUnit not feature in the cover? I guess he's not as important as I was lead to believe. I also like the theory that says that MyUnit might be Mark and that he was transported via the vortex to the FE13 world, which makes sense since they seem to have the same unique class and both seem to wear some kind of robe.

falling.png

All this speculation is really interesting, which makes me believe that IS will probably disappoint me story-wise.

I would guess MU isn't on the cover because it has many possible faces.

FE12 had My Unit on the box though and FE13's My Unit does appear in the opening movie, if briefly.

Something I just noticed, Krom's description on the official site describes his as a descendant of the "Hero King" (Famitsu calls it the "Holy King"), which also happens to be Marth's title at the end of FE3/FE12.

Something I just noticed, Krom's description on the official site describes his as a descendant of the "Hero King" (Famitsu calls it the "Holy King"), which also happens to be Marth's title at the end of FE3/FE12.

Ahh, fascinating. And thoroughly in accordance with my theory, too.

FE12 had My Unit on the box though and FE13's My Unit does appear in the opening movie, if briefly.

In a different thread I speculated this game may be a sequel to FE3. What you're saying here certainly backs up my thoughts on this.

Maybe the real Marth is actually dead in this game, yet somehow Falchion has managed to store his soul and brought him back to life, so to speak. Or maybe even brought only Marth's dark side/personality into existence. Maybe he's a 'Lawful Evil' or a 'Chaotic Good'-type unit. He may well be the antagonist. Or at least closely linked to the main antagonist.

But hey, that's just my speculation. It would be pretty cool if I'm right. Long shot though.

so marth is levin?

I had to look up Levin since I haven't played FE4, however...

The word "descendant" is normally used when the person they have descended from is already dead, normally due to old age or something. I'm speculating this game may take place at least 50 years after FE3's events, allowing Marth to grow old and die naturally - with a speck of his younger, Falchion-using self's abilities/life force/soul/whatever still stored in the Falchion.

Notice in the picture Krom's Falchion has a white gem in the middle, 'Marth's' Falchion (it is the Falchion isn't it?) gem is black.

Or maybe it's not Marth at all - not even some form of reincarnation. The blade Krom is holding has that white gem - maybe the Marth look-alike is like an opposite to Krom himself.

But I like the theme I posted last better. And I think that guy looking like Marth and using the same blade as Krom, only with a black gem, is more than just pure coincidence.

Edited by Raven