Nintendo Direct 22nd Feb [Europe release confirmed]

deuxhero

A bunch of posts have been removed due to the thread being derailed by a silly joke. Do not repeat this.

That's what passes for a derailment here? I've much to learn...

ANYWAYS. I was wondering earlier today- if all the fire emblem games turn out to be all set on the same planet, I predict that FE8 would be chronologically the first. It has a pangea-like continent and the only mention of dragons are the 'plain' great dragons - and there isn't an evil one (sans the draco zombies). The big bad is killed forever at the end, too, so that accounts for not having formortiis in other games, and the five sacred stones may well be the stones inset into the shield of seals... but then again, they were destroyed. Maybe it's the other way round. Any game with the five stones can be hinted as being chronologically before SS?

And I think the same-world theory is valid, whether or not the continents are the same, just with significant continental drift.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're joking right, Sirius? I actually learned something about Marth's name, a bit about Fire Emblem's tendency to borrow directly from various ancient cultures, and how given said context you can deduct which Japanese->English synonym was the authorial intent. If that enlightenment counts as derailment, then man, I want to file my resignation from here.

Edited by Wooster

Or maybe it's not Marth at all - not even some form of reincarnation. The blade Krom is holding has that white gem - maybe the Marth look-alike is like an opposite to Krom himself.

But I like the theme I posted last better. And I think that guy looking like Marth and using the same blade as Krom, only with a black gem, is more than just pure coincidence.

what gem are you talking about there are no gems in either of the swords in the official artwork

what gem are you talking about there are no gems in either of the swords in the official artwork

Based on the box, it looks sort of like there's a gem in Krom's sword - I thought the same thing at first. However, comparing to other images, it's easy to tell that it's just an empty space shared between both swords.

Based on the box, it looks sort of like there's a gem in Krom's sword - I thought the same thing at first. However, comparing to other images, it's easy to tell that it's just an empty space shared between both swords.

That can be easily noticed here, indeed.

Just something I noticed when watching the trailer again which helps support the crossover theory is that the evil dragon seems to have four wings. This makes it appear almost identical to Idoun, meaning it could be Idoun herself or simply another demon dragon (meaning it's connected to Elibe, or do all demon dragons look like this?). I've always had a belief that Elibe was connected to the world of FE1-5 (likely through the dragons gate) and hopefully this confirms it. So far this is looking to be a very exciting game, I can't wait to find out more.

Am the only one who thinks masked Marth is actually a girl? Who happens to have either no or just very small breasts? I dunno, its just the more I look at pictures of him, the more I think its a her. Also when I first saw the trailer I thought it was a girl until people started saying it was Marth...I'm probably wrong though.

Am the only one who thinks masked Marth is actually a girl? Who happens to have either no or just very small breasts? I dunno, its just the more I look at pictures of him, the more I think its a her. Also when I first saw the trailer I thought it was a girl until people started saying it was Marth...I'm probably wrong though.

Now that you mention it, "Marth" does seem to have rather skinny arms when compared to Krom, so I think it's a possibility that this character is actually a girl... or they're just making "Marth" look girly again like others have mentioned.

Edited by Cresneta

Maybe the dragon is actually a redesigned Loptous.

I don't think them masked character looks like a female. Girly, but not an actual girl.

And we must keep in mind that that's how Marth has always been.

That can be easily noticed here, indeed.

... Well that gems theory is out the window. But I still think that this "Marth" is some sort of reincarnation of original Marth, if it is indeed a Marth lookalike at all.

... Well that gems theory is out the window. But I still think that this "Marth" is some sort of reincarnation of original Marth, if it is indeed a Marth lookalike at all.

If your theory is right (I shall call it Hard Disk Falchion) than Anri (he is the hero who used the sword before isn't he ?) must have his soul stored to.....what I believe, Krom's world is the Alternater reality of Archanea and this Marth and Krom are one just like Zekrom and Reshiram in Pokemon B/W.....

Also, Marth's Falchion seems more silverish and Krom's seems more Golden. Not sure if anyone picked up on that.

Chrom has the fake Falchion from FE11, lol.

(even though it looked the same in FE11, but I blame lazy spriters for that).

Edited by Refa

If Krom and "Marth" are holding Falchions, then they look nothing like the Falchion I remember from FE11. That thing had a pointy, horn-like hilt, while these swords' hilts are pretty well rounded, with a hollow centre.

If Krom and "Marth" are holding Falchions, then they look nothing like the Falchion I remember from FE11. That thing had a pointy, horn-like hilt, while these swords' hilts are pretty well rounded, with a hollow centre.

Just like how DS!Marth doesn't look like (S)NES!Marth or how some FE4 holy weapons don't even look the same depending on the artist. Redesigns happen all the time.