Rate the Unit, Day 24: L'Arachel

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Integrity and Integrity again or sometegrity else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist on ephraim" ANYWHERE in your rating for Innes I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

Average Ratings

Amelia: 1.65

Marisa: 2.05

Neimi: 2.24

Gilliam: 3.27

Ross: 4.33

Lute: 4.80

Joshua: 6.02

Innes: 6.20

Natasha: 6.27

Colm: 6.32

Garcia: 6.88

Kyle: 6.89

Moulder: 6.89

Artur: 6.92

Forde: 7.04

Tana: 7.33

Eirika: 7.34

Ephraim: 8.13

Vanessa: 8.16

Gerik: 8.29

Tethys: 8.30

Franz: 9.32

Seth: 9.91

good marisa lost to neimi

l'arachel is getting a full point bias from me just for having a sexy name

EDIT: Also I'm going to paste this here so that I can be more secure that it gets read:

Now, two things:

@this guy:

1/10. I never saw the point.

Eirika is a Lord Myrmidon, Joshua is an earlier gained Myrmidon. she will always be locked to swords. and will be worse than other sword locked units.

She has the tower. But even then why waste the time when Joshua is easier to train and Eirika promotes as part of the plot?

I let this slide because it's within parameters and because I don't recall you voting before, but please don't do it again. I would seriously rather have no justification than justification that consists only of "she's not x or y".

Secondly, @Ein: If you're going to continue to post in these threads, I'm going to insist that you cut off the sarcasm. You're not being funny and you're just making my job tallying harder.

(read: if I see you mention Seth again I'm going to stop counting your votes out of spite)

Edited by Integrity

The only troubadour in this game.

Sad thing is that she comes in so late, which is sadfais... Her only likely way to gain EXP is by Mend staves; or if you like it turbo-speed based which happens once she hits C-staves; spamming Recover, Barrier and Torches.

Her support pool is sadly a bit too "meh", being the fastest options in the form of Dozla and Rennac who are kinda "meh" for my tastes, the both with meh stats; but the latter has thieving and free pick lock ability. Her viable supports are kinda full (Eirika and Ephraim) and that leaves us with either Innes or Joshua.

Promotion-wise... She has the option to go Anima by Mage Knight or go Light with Valkyrie; the options that gives her the crazy MT of Anima and the other being able to have a ball with the Gorgons later on.

Now either unpromoted or promoted, she can participate in those crazy rescue chains; make it crazier once she hits either one of her promotions.

She has also a pretty sexy name; and French-esque; and also the most hilarious supports!

I'll be generous to give her...

6.5, I already added my pony biases on her.

Edited by Frostbite

Mounted healer with incredible growths. Her only growth below 45% is def (a mind blowing 15%). Comes in with D staves, which isn't the greatest, but considering how much healers get used she can skyrocket her way up to C, then cram Restore and such until she his higher ranks.

Ready to participate in rescue drop shenanigans too~

And Light or Anima upon promotion~

But, her fault is coming in at a low level (3). In any sort.of speed run, she is generally too far behind to catch up to the rest of your team quickly, especially if you utilize Warp and Rescue a lot. She is sort of useless in the desert, and very frail until promotion, which she at least gains some hp.

I give her a solid 6. Unless you are rushing through in speedruns, she is generally good enough to slate a position on your team, and will normally grow quite well.

Edited by Elieson

2/10 except I don't like her so 1/10

L'arachel is probably the most overrated unit in this game, IMO.

First off, she only has 6 MOV, rather than 7, so her movement isn't much of an advantage compared to Clarine or Priscilla. In fact, it really isn't one at all. To look at your other possible healers, Moulder will have a way better staff rank so he has physic and if he's promoted he has 6 MOV, Natasha will also have a better staff rank and if she's promoted 7 MOV, Artur if he gets an early promotion (which I wholeheartedly believe he should) will have C staves and 6 MOV, Lute (who like Artur should be early promoted) will have the same staff rank as L'arachel but more MOV, and Saleh has the same MOV but a better staff rank. That makes her, like, the sixth string healer when you will never need more than two.

Unlike the others (except maybe Moulder/Natasha) she is utterly useless in combat, as well. I don't just mean at first, either. Even after promotion her combat sucks. She joins late enough healing is not as much of a necessity, so she's going to be gaining EXP slowly. Getting her to 10/1 by chapter 15 would require you to go out of your way already, and at that point her combat is similar to a 10/1 Artur's... if he didn't have access to better tomes, been at that level like five chapters ago, and wasn't going to have an effective bonus against the monsters that start showing up soon.

On top of being the worst healer and combatant (once trained) on your team, she also has the issue of having poor availability. Even if she wasn't outclassed, she joins ~2/3 of the way through the game which means she can't contribute all that much to begin with, and then healing isn't super helpful at that point. It's nice, but it's not like what Moulder is doing early on where our units are 2-3HKOd. I couldn't give her more any more than a 7 if she was your only healer at that point, and she is definitely not your only option.

Edited by Rewjeo

Mounted Healer, so automatically not completely useless. Level 3, though, so terribly underleveled and will have a hard time seeing promotion. Probably your 4th string healer at the time, but as Moulder/Tasha/Artur won't always be in play, she might be able get some heals in should a player want to use her. D rank is pretty ass, and she joins at pretty much the end of a FoW chapter so not much time left for her to Torchspam, either.

Promotes to 7 move, but likely won't get there. 6 move isn't all that great since it's only on par with all the other promoted footies. Promotion choices are pretty solid, though, with higher exp gain vs better attack material.

Also can save you money when recruiting Rennac.

4/10. Would be a better unit if C staves with a higher base level.

She's a mounted healer. Great! She's grossly underleveled and has too low of a staff rank. Ugh. Moulder and Natasha at least have the opportunity to bulk up their staff rank a bit by this point. L'Arachel's horse has to make up for it... and in most cases it doesn't. She ain't bad at healing or anything, and she grows well and she can turn out great, but is it worth the bother?

I would give her +1 bias for hilarious supports, but I give -1 bias for having a completely stupid name, so it cancels out. However, she has by far the best taste in sidekicks of any royalty in the game. To recap:

• Eirika: Sycophants, vaguely lesbian princess best friend.
  • Ephraim: Sycophants, underage dragon.
  • Innes: Has no friends, tries to bang people who legally can't refuse his advances.
  • Lyon: Sycophants, creepy killers, creepy rapists, creepy old men, ancient demon kings.
  • L'Arachel: The manliest man in all of Magvel, possibly tied with Garcia; also, a dude who ignores her.

You have to admire someone like that, so +1 bias for a grand total of +1, putting her at a 6.5/10 total.

Edited by Renall

She's got great stats when she's leveled, of course, the problem is leveling her when you already have Moulder and Natasha, plus one of Artur/Lute promoted.

She has a horse, though, something only Valk!Natasha and MK!Lute can say. Even better, L'Arachel can go both. She also has good supports, especially in the Twincest, because they can keep up with each other when they promote (and why would you send L'Arachel ahead of anyone anyway?).

But goddamn I hate her

5.75/10

4/10

She's a mounted healer but she joins kinda late and isn't as good as your other healers. Still, she's not awful and can be salvaged.

I am going back on what I said about Neimi being one of few bias points because I remembered L'Arachel has gotten perfect level ups plural for me, which I am completely okay with.

Her only redeemable quality is her support with Joshua. She can keep up with promoted foot units, but she has no business being anywhere near the front lines. Unlike Moulder/Natasha, I can't use her as the occasional bait, because she'll die. I think her name is overly fruity (I like Rachel better), and her personality gets on my nerves. I'm gonna call the rare bias point here. . .in this case, -1.

2/10

Why do almost all of these reviews start with "Mounted healer"?

I mean, look at those fucking stats. She's a goddamn beast for CC, just amazing. Unfortunately her low starting level means she won't promote until late into the actual game but even at 20/1 her stats are simply insane. She could use some more health but other than that there's almost nothing wrong with her.

8/10

No one really cares about Creature Campaign because you can buy infinite statboosters and then everyone can assrape the game.

Anyway most redundant unit in the game. Unless you're in like, a draft, L'Arachel offers nothing you don't already have. D staves this late is simply inexcusable. 1/10

I remember when everyone thought L'Arachel was the absolute worst thing in FE8. Then I remember being the absolute best thing in FE8. Now the general opinion from what I can gather is kinda neutral.

So yeah, L'Arachel. She joins kinda really late. But has a horse, and access to anima OR light magic. And warp. She's not impossible to train, and she's cute as a button and hilarious.

5/10

EDIT: Five, not fiftyfive.

Edited by Knuckles

but I give -1 bias for having a completely stupid name, so it cancels out.

L'Arachel is a mounted healer with great growths and crap HP, but she comes so late at such a low level that she'll never be more than a healer. So she's like unpromoted Natasha with +1 move and good stats 50,000 maps later. So 4/10 with a +1 bias for having the best name ever.

That means 5/10, BTW.

Edited by Refa

Teehee. You think I'm trying to be funny. Oh you~

:L'Arachel:

Wait. Is there even a L'Arachel smiley?

Any who. L'Arachel is one of my faves and not just because she's a cute girl. ;3

Unfortunately for her she shows up pretty damn late and is annoying to recruit because people don't think ahead for some reason. Weird, I thought this was a strategy game. She makes up for this by being a mounted healer and we all know we love mounted healers. So yeah. She heals people but promoting her is a bitch without grinding.

7/10

6/10. Her promotions give her either one of my favored magic types, and she's cute. :3 Unfortunately, it's a pain to get her promoted. And in addition, since I don't like having my healers hit S staves (because it's worthless), she's not bad as a backup healer.

Edited by Metal King Slime

She comes with decent stats for a Lv. 3 Troubadour. She can be quite a pain to level up and promote but she can make a great backup healer since the Recover Staff is there once you get her Staff Rank to C

I will give her a 5/10!

er, whut?

really, only way to ever have her be useful is by overusing the tower.

why the extra healer? by now you should have at least 1 promoted magic user.

worst unit in the game

2/10