Fire Emblem: Death or Glory Version 2.5(12/28/2014) out!

NYZgamer3

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's just a coincidence, but Guntram's weapon is Gungnir, a Crusader Weapon. Does that mean that Azalia and Silvatica are actually countries in Jugdral millennia after Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776? Given the dark undertones of the story, it isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility, at least in my mind.

• 1 month later...

I'm just about to start chapter 10 and I thought I'd give you some suggestions on the hack.

First of all I have to say I really like it. The characters all feel compelling and I like how a lot of them get a lot of screen-time. The chapters are really well designed and a lot of fun. Still I would be lying if I said it wasn't flawed. The most glaring issue I've noticed is that you really like increasing difficulty in bullshit ways, to be frank. I can understand why putting fog of war over a map can be a lot easier than actually thinking about enemy placement, but this doesn't seem to be an issue for you. There are plenty of chapters that are difficult in fair ways and are lots of fun because of it. My favorite chapter (aside from a major issue which I'll talk about in a second) is chapter 9. The enemy placement is really well done, there's some nice anti-turtling incentives that are harsh enough to push you forward, but not harsh enough to seem unfair. It's really telegraphed but because of the initial enemy placement it can still be difficult to get across the bridges in time. It is, to put it simply, a masterpiece of a chapter, and you should be proud of that. Compare that to chapter...4, I think? The one where you get Melainie. Is it really my fault that I died because there was an archer that I simply could not see coming? Add on the bandits going for villages and we have a paradox on our hands. The bandits encourage fast play but the FoW encourages slow play, creating a very dissatisfying experience where you're forced to rush forward with your fastest, most powerful unit and pray. It's not fun. Same turn reinforcements, while not too common, should not exist at all. Period, end of story. They add nothing except an unfair reset. Possibly the king of them all is the aforementioned major problem in the otherwise perfect chapter 9: The fact that the boss, with no warning, will move off of his throne, which is something that almost never happens in the series. A quick snippet of vague dialogue is not enough to prepare anyone for that. There are other ways to increase difficulty, and you seem to be a master at them so I don't see the need for these unfair methods.

There are other things but they're small in comparison, and this comment is already huge. Just keep up the good work! You have a real talent and you're making good use of it.

Edited by The Filthy Casual

• 4 weeks later...

Um....I dont know if I am late or anything but...I've seen the hack and think its really cool. and if you still need any help with writing or anything I am up for it. that's it and great work by the way...its really cool

I'm just about to start chapter 10 and I thought I'd give you some suggestions on the hack.

First of all I have to say I really like it. The characters all feel compelling and I like how a lot of them get a lot of screen-time. The chapters are really well designed and a lot of fun. Still I would be lying if I said it wasn't flawed. The most glaring issue I've noticed is that you really like increasing difficulty in bullshit ways, to be frank. I can understand why putting fog of war over a map can be a lot easier than actually thinking about enemy placement, but this doesn't seem to be an issue for you. There are plenty of chapters that are difficult in fair ways and are lots of fun because of it. My favorite chapter (aside from a major issue which I'll talk about in a second) is chapter 9. The enemy placement is really well done, there's some nice anti-turtling incentives that are harsh enough to push you forward, but not harsh enough to seem unfair. It's really telegraphed but because of the initial enemy placement it can still be difficult to get across the bridges in time. It is, to put it simply, a masterpiece of a chapter, and you should be proud of that. Compare that to chapter...4, I think? The one where you get Melainie. Is it really my fault that I died because there was an archer that I simply could not see coming? Add on the bandits going for villages and we have a paradox on our hands. The bandits encourage fast play but the FoW encourages slow play, creating a very dissatisfying experience where you're forced to rush forward with your fastest, most powerful unit and pray. It's not fun. Same turn reinforcements, while not too common, should not exist at all. Period, end of story. They add nothing except an unfair reset. Possibly the king of them all is the aforementioned major problem in the otherwise perfect chapter 9: The fact that the boss, with no warning, will move off of his throne, which is something that almost never happens in the series. A quick snippet of vague dialogue is not enough to prepare anyone for that. There are other ways to increase difficulty, and you seem to be a master at them so I don't see the need for these unfair methods.

There are other things but they're small in comparison, and this comment is already huge. Just keep up the good work! You have a real talent and you're making good use of it.

Actually, I thought the bandits were fine outside of the reinforcement bandits that actually appear. THAT isn't fair, as you're left at a point where you clear everything and then the boss calls for more reinforcements, and that's fine, but there's no way to see that it's actually a bandit that'll attack the village. The fact that there's an archer in the darkness I didn't mind, because the game tells you to keep Abner up front to see in the darkness, which is pretty solid as you can basically move Abner, and then move everyone else in front of Abner to protect him while he provides thief vision. What I was more bothered by in the chapter was that there's some sort of implication that archers also have thief vision, but Kai does not.

Ambush reinforcements are bad, and it's even worse in this because sometimes they are ambush ones and somethings they are not.

I completely agree on that moving boss. It doesn't help that he has a Silver Axe and a Tomahawk as well. It's completely nuts, and depending on how things work may require someone to survive one of those AND a ballista archer. Honestly my favorite chapter was the psuedo time limit one (you know what I'm talking about).

The chapters are definitely varied and the story is oddly compelling. It's weird, Chapter 10 I was just like... "ARGH..." And kind of sat there silently for a minute.

• 3 months later...

Hey new here so not set on all the rules. My dilemma is I can't seem to patch this hack or even patch period for my GBA4IOS. I would like to play DoG on my iPhone and would like some help plz

I mean it's relatively simple. In fact, it's actually rather identical to the process you would normally use to transfer roms to your iPhone to play on GBA4iOS.

Anyways, download and unzip the patch. Download and unzip your rom. Patch your rom with NUPS, and then put the resulting file on your phone through whichever method you prefer. I like the built-in dropbox sync, personally.

• 7 months later...

Hallo I need abit of help. I just started playing and I am at Chapter 5: Trouble Afoot. At the moment where the soldiers bright out the slaves. And then our turn afterwards where more of their forces come out of the fort. Once the conversation is over I get my screen to the top left of the map and then it stucks. I believe something is to appear there? Or whatever? I try and try but everytime I reach that point game stucks into enemy turn. Bugs? Ideas to get unstuck?

• 1 year later...