Fire Emblem: Death or Glory Version 2.5(12/28/2014) out!

NYZgamer3

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Seph - I understand your point. Idk maybe I just got lucky with him because every time I use him, his stats are always like that. I might raise it a little like 5 or 10 percent his stats, just depends though.

Personally I'd recommend setting up a spreadsheet to calculate averages, because eyeballing it based on personal experiences can end badly. Also keep in mind that a 5% difference in growths is worth two points. By 20/20. Which depending on the length of the hack nobody may even reach.

Personally I'd recommend setting up a spreadsheet to calculate averages, because eyeballing it based on personal experiences can end badly. Also keep in mind that a 5% difference in growths is worth two points. By 20/20. Which depending on the length of the hack nobody may even reach.

Thanks for the advice! Appreciate it.

Ch3 ending event has a glitch, when Donwik and Ragnar run away, they just keep running and it doesn't stop. You just hear armour clanking infinitely. (You can bypass it by pressing start to skip, but I really wanted to see what would happen lol)

I'll post my comments/criticisms after I finish the patch, just thought you'd want to know about a glitch.

fucking vidar missing 80's all the time gosh

Kai really sucks

Up his bases a bit pls

I think the problem is that he has 6 base str, whereas Abner already has 7 in the next chapter. Making Kai's chip pretty meh, even if he has 2 range. (Abner's base speed also stomps on Kai's terrible base)

At chapter 3 both my cavs and Ragnar had 8 str, 2 more than base Kai. So yeah either give him a better weapon (Like a steel bow then increase his skill) or just buff his str and spd a bit? or both

not to mention he sucked so much, he died in ch2

Edited by AstraLunaSol

That's weird for that glitch cuz when I tested it, it didn't make that noise. I made them disappear. I might have to reassemble the events on that chapter. Yeah, if that's the case, then I buff him up then.

It may be because I was playing on a PSP, but meh.

[spoiler=ch3 ending]

fucking creepy berserker guy and manly dragoon hell yes

please fix the palette on the dragoon anim? It's really dark.

Just finished playing it. Pretty fun. One thing though, besides the graphics stuff Astra already said, is that every reinforcement being ambushspawn is kinda annoying. There's no way to prepare for them, especially on their first turn of spawn. Maybe switch it up a bit with some being ambush and some being regular?

Also, Vidar and Agro for MVP. So good.

Alright, gonna post thoughts and comments/stuff you should fix. (Didn't get to the end of Ch10, but I'm right outside the boss room so I'll get to that)

[spoiler=laaaaarge]

dog1.png

oh god i love the look of this guy

dog2.png

whoops fe7 guy

dog3.png

I knew a thief would be introduced here. Also, the entire right half of the map seems unnecessary, never went there since it was really just faster to go to the left/there was no incentive to go to the right.

dog4.png

This map looks an awful lot like Renvall from FE8, now that I think about it.

dog5.png

this guys creeped the fuck out of me aaaaaa

but hey guntram is a bro so it's cool

dog6.png

i love you agro

best axeman

dog7.png

(imo) you should just remove the close eye of the pegasus knight (whose name escapes me atm) Since you can barely see it anyway, and it would look better. I dunno, up to you.

dog8.png

Hm.

Also, for some of the nation descriptions, you should add more flair to them, since if I remember correctly, they're really boring and consist of "Soldiers of *insert nation here*".

dog9.png

please get kon on a new mug for guntram

he needs it, his shoulder is missing

dog10.png

uh oh matthew (no idea if the tutorial appeared because I was playing on psp, but still)

dog11.png

Reminds me a lot of chapter 2 of FE5. No real issue here, just though I'd comment on the map.

dog12.png

This was so clever, this parrot is magical. Though, I think you should make it break the 4th wall less by making turns into hours or minutes.

dog13.png

Ragnar you are a sexy beast.

dog14.png

yesyesyes (if you're wondering how he has 43 hp, it's because I used the robe on him)

dog15.png

uh oh (agro has a door key)

Anyway, other comments:

Ragnar is a beast.

Donwik is a beast.

Agro is a bro.

Tero>Vidar, unless it comes to tanking and missing 70's then Vidar's got this.

Mil is useful enough, even though he hasn't gotten a single point of mag. X:

Rinoa is healer, so auto good.

Melanie why do you have no str. I want to use her really badly but her lack of str is really bothersome. She has pretty much nothing over the two starter cavs. :/

Kai is garbage, but I know you're going to fix him so yeah.

Abner is thief utility.

Kiowa seems okay, but I didn't bother to use him much since he kept dealing 2 damage against cavaliers in his joining chapter. In ch 10 though with a steel bow he can deal 9, so he may be salvageable.

You should try making your own weapon icons instead of copying FE11/12's because whatever custom icons you've made are really unique, like Homyrius and the reavers. The Zanbato icon is one of my favs.

Man the tome icons look cool.

I think with the ambush spawning, you should have someone test/test it yourself to find the good moments when you should/shouldn't ambush spawn. I personally don't mind it since I haven't had anyone die from it yet, but I can see why it would get annoying for some.

In Ch10, do all enemies give out exp? Because a significant number of them don't, which is disappointing since it's not a gaiden. ;/

Anyway, I really like how the hack is forming up, I think there should be more characterization of some characters (Like Ragnar, I felt like at times he was very stagnant in terms of emotion, this may be fixed with emotion mugs?) though it's probably too early to tell, since the demo is only 10 chapters long, and this is only "Lyn" mode, so "Eliwood" mode awaits~ (Unless this was supposed to be Eliwood mode, in which case there's a patch to change that).

Keep up the good work, I look forward to more progress made on this hack.

I really want to fix up Guntram, but I can't atm 'cause of an asston of computer problems. I'll try fiddling with Melanie's eye to see if getting rid of it would look nicer, but I personally like it as is.

And Mil didn't like gaining Magic for me either. Weird.

Thanks Astra for the critique and all.

For chapter ten, its weird that the door option didn't appear. I play tested it before I released the patch and it seemed fine. Idk, have to check on that.

The sprites, ima ask Kon to do that for Melanie as she said once she gets her computer situation in good shape.

I'll try to see if I can custom my own weapons then.

Chapter 3 was a reference to FE8 lol.

Idk if I can get rid of that Matthew tutorial speech thingy. I tried searching on how but no luck.

And for the ambush, I think I have an idea on what to do.

Everything else, I appreciate all the comments. I'm glad u enjoyed playing it :-)

Chapter 10, only the enemies with the droppable items give u experience because its a final chapter of Ragnars story and you don't gain any experience at all.

Edited by NYZgamer3

I've stolen my bro's laptop for a little bit, so I was able to play with Melanie's eye. I also fixed a couple of things that I missed the last time I worked on her.

YSppu.png

As for the FE7 man, I'll either recolor him like I did Jake or just be lazy and take the FE8 version.

Ah, and a small suggestion for DoG. Some of the EXP distribution problems might be alleviated a little if you threw in another character or two in. I'm thinking maybe a Swordie and possibly another healer? Oh, and maybe just one more deployment slot in some of the later chapters.

NYZ, not sure if anyone pointed this one out to you before, but I watched the Chapter 3 ending and after Donwik and Ragnar moved off the map when Guntram appeared, the game kind of... hanged. You can hear Donwik moving offscreen and it doesn't stop, though the audio pans left and right so he's obviously moving around somewhere. I think you should just get them to DISA when they're offscreen, rather than making them DISA at an actual exit point. Oh, and there's obviously the whole... game hanging issue, I guess. I'll leave a save state here for you in case you don't know what I'm talking about. You can reset and rewatch the ending event to see what I mean, too.

You might also want to consider taking Melanie's Javelin away in Chapter 4. I'm playing it now and all she does is equip the Javelin on NPC phase leaving her extremely vulnerable during enemy phase without the axereaver.

Edited by Agro

Thanks Kon! :-)

Yeah, in the newer patch, I put in an extra slot for you to take an extra character for the later chapters.

Another new character doesn't sound too bad either.

@ Agro - That's weird. I did put the code for them to disappear. I'll have to look into that again.

Edited by NYZgamer3