Rate the Unit, Day 27: Ewan

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Integrity and Integrity again or sometegrity else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist on ephraim" ANYWHERE in your rating for Innes I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

Average Ratings

Amelia: 1.65

Marisa: 2.05

Neimi: 2.24

Gilliam: 3.27

Dozla: 4.28

L'Arachel: 4.31

Ross: 4.33

Lute: 4.80

Joshua: 6.02

Innes: 6.20

Natasha: 6.27

Colm: 6.32

Garcia: 6.88

Kyle: 6.89

Moulder: 6.89

Artur: 6.92

Forde: 7.04

Tana: 7.33

Eirika: 7.34

Saleh: 8.04

Ephraim: 8.13

Vanessa: 8.16

Gerik: 8.29

Tethys: 8.30

Franz: 9.32

Seth: 9.91

saleh's score is shamefully low. shame on you all. especially shame on you, orangecrush.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ewan, master of choice, can become summoner, druid, sage, mage knight or super trainee. uses magic, meaning it isn't too hard to train him.

takes some trouble to get going, and he comes into play quite late.

7.5/10

2/10 just because he's easier to use than Amelia. But still not the best because of his very bad start. At least he has (somewhat) meaningful chip.

Did I mention the fact that choice doesn't mean much if you can't really use it that well?

Edited by Manix

Rate the Unit...Ewan...unit?...what is this madness? I thought it was known ewwwwwan is not a unit. I give him a 0/10. Worst unit, ever.

Hehehehe. Well, I'd say worst unit in the context of FE8, to be exact.

I'm giving him a 0/10 too.

Oh, and inb4 13th gives him some ludicrously high rating.

Edited by Metal King Slime

He can deal a tiny bit of damage without taking a counter, but faces insta-death frequently and requires alot of favouritism to even get to 10/10/1 so he can atleast be a second Summoner. In my opinion the main problem with training him(especially to like 10/15/1 or 10/20/1 before promoting) is that he's still going to be training very close to the end of the game, to end up not as good as Lute.

1/10

He's better than Amelia and might, in some universe I cannot forsee but can vaguely conceive of, have potential. And that's pretty much it; he comes way too late for a trainee and he is terrible forever unless babied. Just like Ross and Amelia, but at least they existed at a point where it was theoretically possible to baby them without wasting a huge amount of time. Well, okay, Ross did. Amelia still blows. And so does Ewan!

1/10.

Oh Ewan, if only you came as a Mage instead...

I'd certainly appreciate the fact that you can go Mage Knight; but it saddens me when you have a relatively low level and a glaring set of bases...

At least you're better than Amelia cause you hit RES!

3.0, he gets an extra point for going Mage -> Mage Knight or going Shaman -> Druid/Summoner!

If you don't recruit him in Eirika route, he auto-recruits at the end of the chapter as long as Saleh is alive.

Oh. I just visit the house he's in on that route, so...

4/10 I guess he's decent and can go shaman=> Druid/summoner so you can have both (if you're using Knoll too) though it's really dificult for him to survive in his starting chapter and get to talk to marissa because of low mov. and he must suck a lot if Marisa just wants to kill him :/