Just some pairings.

After beating FE4, I thought it was so good I decided to play it again.

I might not start it immediately, and I may play it at the same time as another FE, but I've already come up with some potential pairings.

I wanted to do different pairings than I did last time, so I got a little creative. If any of these seem weird, then that's why.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Here are the lists:

My Previous Pairings

Aideen: Midir

Aira: Lex

Lachesis: Beowulf

Sylvia: Claude

Fury: Levin

Tiltyu: Azel

Briggid: Jamka

My New Pairings

Aideen: Jamka

Aira: Holyn

Lachesis: Dew

Sylvia: Azel (or just unpaired)

Fury: Claude

Tiltyu: Levin

Briggid: Beowulf

Edited by Flock of Geese

Try leaving Sylvia unpaired this time, although it might be tough since you're pairing Levin with Tiltyu.

Laylea and Sharlow both have some kind of advantage on their counterparts, namely Charisma and Elite respectively.

All the kids will work. Dew!Delmud might want the Pursuit Ring over Jamka!Lester, since he'll see more action. You could try Sylvia's kids's subs. Despite being a chubby draft restarter, Sharlow isn't too bad. Laylea functions the same as Leen too!

You don't want to pair Aideen with Jamka. Lester won't inherit Pursuit, making him near-useless without the Pursuit Ring. Meanwhile Delmudd, Arthur, and Tinny all won't have Pursuit either, putting it in substantial demand.

You don't want to pair Aideen with Jamka. Lester won't inherit Pursuit, making him near-useless without the Pursuit Ring. Meanwhile Delmudd, Arthur, and Tinny all won't have Pursuit either, putting it in substantial demand.

Jamka!Lester isn't that bad; Hero Bow does wonders. Tinny isn't serious competition for the pursuit ring at all, but yeah, getting Delmud pursuit is probably worth the effort of figuring out a different father. You really want to give Arthur the pursuit ring, and Delmud will be difficult to level without it.

Jamka!Lester really is that bad. The Hero Bow is good, but two hits that can occasionally turn into four is pitiful in comparison to basically guaranteed four hits and sometimes more. Lester can take any other pairing that gives Pursuit and just grab the Hero Bow in Ch8 and still be awesome throughout the rest of the game.

Edited by Othin

Jamka!Lester really is that bad. The Hero Bow is good, but two hits that can occasionally turn into four is pitiful in comparison to basically guaranteed four hits and sometimes more. Lester can take any other pairing that gives Pursuit and just grab the Hero Bow in Ch8 and still be awesome throughout the rest of the game.

Hero weapons override continue meaning that Jamka!Lester will never hit 4 times (except with the pursuit ring or if charge activate)

I'm glad everyone voiced their opinions. I think I'm going to revise that list. Jamka!Lester's lack of pursuit never even occurred to me, but I'm glad it was mentioned. I totally forgot that pursuit was a class skill for the parents...

I only wanted to pair Sylvia with Azel out of an obsessive desire to have all the holy bloods accounted for by the end of the game, but that really isn't necessary. I think I may leave her unpaired after all.

In any case, who makes a good partner for Aideen besides Midir? Lester sucked last time I played. After Manfloy killed him, I just left him dead, although he did manage to promote.

Here are the tentative new pairings:

Aideen: ???

Aira: Noish (Holyn could probably be better used on someone else)

Lachesis: Not sure. I don't like the whole "lack of pursuit" thing with Dew.

Sylvia: Unpaired.

Fury: Not sure. Possible Claude, but I don't know how useful Sety would be then.

Tiltyu: Levin. I really want to see how the whole "early Holsety" thing turns out, even if it means missing out on Pursuit.

Briggid: Holyn would be nice. Dew is another possibility.

So the only ones I really need to determine are Aideen, Lachesis, Fury, and Briggid.

Briggid/Holyn and Fury/Claude are both fun and good pairings, with some unique and valuable options due to the weapon levels.

Aideen can do well with just about anyone with Pursuit. Fin and Beowulf are both options if you don't want to go with Midir again. Lachesis is a similar story. I'm personally a fan of Lachesis/Lex, although I only recommend it if you're willing to give the Pursuit Ring to Delmudd. I'm sure giving the Pursuit Ring to Arthur is a better option, but Arthur does fine without it, and if you're interested in trying fun new things rather than the best things, it should suit you fine.

Claude sety is actually really good I'd have to say situationally he can better then levin sety because of his res during the final . He is still pretty fast his magic is huge and res is incredible. He has staff utility as well . Overall he's quite the unit . Ive done this paring 3 out of the 4 times I've played you will not regret it . I've also heard nosih works well too. Suprsingly his sub hawk is pretty good if you want to try him . Oh and dew is nice for Bridget bargain is favals best friend .

Edited by The_Purple_Knight

Do Aideen:Azel and Fury:Claude and pass down the Rescue staff through Sety. You get about 3 extra chapters of Rescue staff on Master Knights between 4,5 and 8,9 that way.

Azel-Lester is terrible but you can paper over his problems with a Ch7 steel bow and maybe a power ring until you get the hero bow in the middle of chapter 8.

Alright... after consulting a pairing FAQ and reading everyone's suggestions, I've come up with a new chart. slootwindow, I've decided not to do Aideen/Azel simply because Lester will be borderline unusable that way. I think I'll pair her with some non-bow using unit, even if Lester doesn't get the Hero Bow from the beginning.

Anyway, here's the list:

Aideen: Beowulf

Aira: Noish

Lachesis: Alec

Sylvia: Unpaired or Azel

Briggid: Holyn

My rationale for each pairing:

Aideen: Didn't want to do Midir again, and Beowulf has pursuit.

Aira: Her kids will be good no matter what, and Noish gives Critical.

Lachesis: This was from the pairing guide. Alec gives decent stats and Pursuit.

Sylvia: I'll cross this bridge when I come to it. I may want to pair her with Azel out of curiosity, but her subs are good.

Fury: Claude is another possible pairing, and gives good stats and staves to Sety.

Tiltyu: I want to try this pairing at least once.

Briggid: Faval's lack of bargain was tough in my last game, but it was easily surmounted, especially with the presence of the arena.

I plan to set my list in stone soon. Any final thoughts?

EDIT: I just realized these pairings could be quite difficult to make... Oh well. Challenge accepted, I guess.

Edited by Flock of Geese

I consider Laylea overrated. Her barrier sword costs many turns and charisma will never be really applicable at an efficient pace outside of maybe helping you hit Alvis in between his Big Shield spam. Inheritance is nice and prayer gives Leen a few interesting uses as tanky bait if you pay attention to attack/defense splits and lets her cheaply run arenas with a little fiddling. If you aren't using Lex for anyone else LexLeen is a useful oddball pick that gives you a very tough little version of Leen that levels up every 5 dances with high (for FE4) life, defense and res growths for an interesting option. Corpul doesn't really matter enough to worry about helping him with a dad.

I consider Laylea overrated. Her barrier sword costs many turns and charisma will never be really applicable at an efficient pace outside of maybe helping you hit Alvis in between his Big Shield spam.

dude have you seen the shit people pull off with laylea in drafts?

i mean like the first fe4 draft ever had 18 turns clear on ch8 with laylea, now we've gone so far as to get 13 turns on ch10 with laylea and leaf

dude have you seen the shit people pull off with laylea in drafts?

i mean like the first fe4 draft ever had 18 turns clear on ch8 with laylea, now we've gone so far as to get 13 turns on ch10 with laylea and leaf

Overrated vis a vis Leen I mean, not no dancer at all

Well, that again depends.

If I'm playing casually, I'd go for Laylea every day. Charisma is helpful once in a while, and if there's no particular speed imposed she has no trouble keeping up.

In an LTC environment, there might not be as much issue as you think. Rescue!Leaf is ludicrously useful and can give Laylea an effective +10 movement before dancing Leaf, who goes and Rescues Celice (giving HIM a +9 movement advantage) etc. Obviously you can do this with Leen too, but this strategy also gives Laylea's Charisma an extra +10 range.

In a draft environment, Leen all the fucking way. Sylvia is too useful to give up for anybody except Ethlin (or maybe Aideen).

I consider Laylea overrated. Her barrier sword costs many turns and charisma will never be really applicable at an efficient pace outside of maybe helping you hit Alvis in between his Big Shield spam. Inheritance is nice and prayer gives Leen a few interesting uses as tanky bait if you pay attention to attack/defense splits and lets her cheaply run arenas with a little fiddling. If you aren't using Lex for anyone else LexLeen is a useful oddball pick that gives you a very tough little version of Leen that levels up every 5 dances with high (for FE4) life, defense and res growths for an interesting option. Corpul doesn't really matter enough to worry about helping him with a dad.

I would think that Lex is one of his better dads since Corple might actually get somewhere in terms of levelling.

I would think that Lex is one of his better dads since Corple might actually get somewhere in terms of levelling.

The same could be said of Sharlow, since he has Elite to begin with.

I think this time, I'll try leaving Sylvia unpaired. The only other change I think I'll do is pairing Dew with Briggid instead of Holyn. I think Bargain is going to be worth more than a weapon level, especially considering that Patty won't have Pursuit either way.

Final List:

Aideen: Beowulf

Aira: Noish

Lachesis: Alec

Sylvia: Unpaired

Briggid: Dew

Thanks for the advice!

Keep in mind that Briggid/Dew has good points for the kids but it's extremely slow, 50+2 with no love convo and only 2.5 or so chapters to do it. You will have to wait around in Chapter 5 for like double digit turns to finish even if you aren't doing hardcore LTC tricks and skipping completionist items like the Wind Sword. Briggid/Holyn is 150+3 for comparison.

50+2 isn't awful unless you're aiming for LTC. Briggid needs to get the Ichieval anyway, so that's a couple of extra turns in chapter 3. If you're getting the wind sword, Briggid can follow Dew once she has her bow. Both of those probably add up to 10 turns of +2. Even without that, they need 64 turns together. With LTC, you're going to take about 40 finishing the next two chapters, an extra ten or so turns each in casual play isn't too unreasonable. It'll take a bit of gluing, but so does the beloved FinxLachesis.

Enjoy your sword kids, NoishxAyra is a personal favourite of mine!

Claude sety is actually really good I'd have to say situationally he can better then levin sety because of his res during the final . He is still pretty fast his magic is huge and res is incredible. He has staff utility as well . Overall he's quite the unit . Ive done this paring 3 out of the 4 times I've played you will not regret it . I've also heard nosih works well too. Suprsingly his sub hawk is pretty good if you want to try him . Oh and dew is nice for Bridget bargain is favals best friend .

Yeah, Claude!Sety is no joke my favorite Sety. He lacks the utter godliness of Holsety, sure, but he still basically never gets hit, he has incredible MAG and rapes people with just Lightning, and he can spam Reserve and cap experience without even fighting if you want to give combat experience to somebody else. Fee's combat takes a bit of a hit from it, but she still has Pursuit and a Hero Lance and Berserk Sword so she's fine in most cases, and having Physic and status staves on her is pretty incredible. It's unfortunate she can't use Rescue, but whatever, Leaf's got that covered.