Rate the Unit: Sacred Stones Endgame

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Integrity and Integrity again or sometegrity else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist on ephraim" ANYWHERE in your rating for Innes I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

Average Ratings

Amelia: 1.65

Ewan: 1.74

Marisa: 2.05

Neimi: 2.24

Gilliam: 3.27

Knoll: 3.67

Rennac: 4.09

Dozla: 4.28

L'Arachel: 4.31

Ross: 4.33

Syrene: 4.66

Lute: 4.80

Myrrh: 5.86

Joshua: 6.02

Innes: 6.20

Natasha: 6.27

Colm: 6.32

Garcia: 6.88

Kyle: 6.89

Moulder: 6.89

Artur: 6.92

Forde: 7.04

Tana: 7.33

Eirika: 7.34

Duessel: 7.96

Saleh: 8.04

Ephraim: 8.13

Vanessa: 8.16

Cormag: 8.22

Gerik: 8.29

Tethys: 8.30

Franz: 9.32

Seth: 9.91

TOWER/RUINS UNITS:

Fado: 1.68

Lyon: 2.70

Orson: 2.88

Valter: 2.95

Glen: 3.64

Caellach: 4.00

Selena: 4.00

Ismaire: 4.19

Hayden: 4.90

Riev: 6.54

IT'S OVER

bitch about results here

please, your tears sustain me

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vanessa got great marks from people who play for turns and bad marks from people who don't. Gerik got good marks from people who play for turns and greatmazing marks from people who don't.

I'm still baffled at how other people are baffled. This isn't a tier list guys.

With that being said, it's VERY interesting to see what the general opinion of characters are, perhaps I'll consult this during drafting if I ever want to game the system. Probably won't work well, but it's worth a try!

This is why I am excited about the fe6 RtUs, since I've only just reached chapter Lilina, and feel kinda lost

This is why I am excited about the fe6 RtUs, since I've only just reached chapter Lilina, and feel kinda lost

Well, if you're playing on normal mode, you can get away with picking your favorite characters.

Also pick Miledy and Perceival.

Because they're high tier and they're also awesome.

Vanessa is overrated anyway.

Also lol, Riev has a higher score than Natasha

I called for slightly different criteria for the CC units.

riev can take a beating. Natasha umm...she's cute?

And lolmelia lost to fado

Edited by Elieson

riev can take a beating. Natasha umm...she's cute?

Hey, cuteness does mean something to some of us.

Also, it's hilarious that Knoll scored higher than Lyon.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Not a complaint, but I find it hilarious that Neimi>Marisa. Especially considering how much people harp on low-level bow-locked units in the GBA games. But I guess Marisa is just that much worse for showing up with terrible base stats and being underleveled at leas seven chapters after Neimi first shows up, eh?

About Gerik>the fliers, I'm actually not sure if I'd complain much about that either. The thing is, Gerik doesn't fly and he never will, that much is true. But he has a very solid start. Solid bases, good enough growths, can instantly promote, and even comes with his own promotion item. Vanessa is really -- that -- frail in earlygame. She saves turns by flying, yes, but you find yourself on a map where there are NO safe spots for her to wait out an EP, when she dies in two hits to anything not an archer -- those kill her in one hit in earlygame if she's unfortunate -- Vanessa's turn-saving potential is a bit nullified by the difficulty in keeping her alive. Same goes for Tana, who shows up even later and has just as rough a start as Vanessa. Cormag is more solid than the pegasi, but he has a weakness to magic as well as bows, shows up late, is a pain to recruit on either route, and doesn't start off nearly as solidly as Gerik. Syrene shows up three to four chapters before the game ends, and is only really good for flying. So I actually wouldn't complain about Gerik>fliers.

But this is just my personal opinion.

Colm is fine where he is. Combatwise he's a swordlock and his skill is far too low to be an effective assassin, and utilitywise...well, buyable chestkeys past chapter 9(Eir) exists (10 in Eph? IDR eph route shops) so his thieving contributions are pretty much (C3 if you wanna waste lockpicks on cheap shit), C8, C9 Eph, and desert. That really isn't a lot. 6 is already above average.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Artur and Lute have at least a 2 point difference between them. I can't remember exactly why the scores are so different, I'll have to look at old rating threads. But aren't they -- really -- similar to one another? With the exception of promotion pathways? Artur has a slightly earlier join time and significantly better con, but Lute has a slightly better speed growth and better magic. I just don't know if the few advantages Artur has should justify a 2 point gap.

Time to review those ratings to see if I can see the reasons why.

Artur starts with C staves as a bishop. That's why. Warp is really big with a good portion of players and even not counting warp, it's only one staff level until Physic.

And Physic is awesome.

Also I am fine with the ratings

since like I have said once in the FE7 one

as long as Seth is NUMBAH ONE it's all good

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I'm guessing that Lute getting a horse on promotion doesn't count as much of a favor, then, compared to Artur's faster staff rank potential?

Vanessa got great marks from people who play for turns and bad marks from people who don't. Gerik got good marks from people who play for turns and greatmazing marks from people who don't.

I play for turns and I don't think Vanessa's good enough at combat to be *that* good. Nothing but a ferryer at best.