Rate the Unit: Sacred Stones Endgame

Since Mage Knight is 7 move it's not that much of a favor, and her durability isn't all that stellar to be a reliable frontliner anyway.

I'll take your word for it. I only play FE8 occasionally, so I can't remember stuff about it all that well. Plus, I usually make Lute a sage (I just like the sage class).

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Artur and Lute have at least a 2 point difference between them. I can't remember exactly why the scores are so different, I'll have to look at old rating threads. But aren't they -- really -- similar to one another? With the exception of promotion pathways? Artur has a slightly earlier join time and significantly better con, but Lute has a slightly better speed growth and better magic. I just don't know if the few advantages Artur has should justify a 2 point gap.

Time to review those ratings to see if I can see the reasons why.

It's only a 5% difference, and he actually has 2 AS lead on her at base

It's only a 5% difference, and he actually has 2 AS lead on her at base

Point taken. I guess it doesn't count for much, considering her worse con.

Kyle below Forde? what the hell

And Myrrh getting a 5.86 when she's SO bad. In my opinion, Myrrh is on the level of Amelia/Ewan in not-useful.

Myrrh gains levels super easy in chapter 18 and 20, and she's like the only unit that you can warp up to kill Lyon in endgame without getting destroyed by him + Gorgons. It's kind of unique utility I guess. I like Forde better because of actual doubling potential and higher base level.

I like Forde better because of actual doubling potential and higher base level.

ffs

It's 1 + 5%

THIS IS NOT A BIG DIFFERENCE.

Higher base lvl means promotes sooner, and wull receive the spd bonus from promotion earlier.

Higher base lvl means promotes sooner, and wull receive the spd bonus from promotion earlier.

Even if we assume you're promoting Forde at level 10, Kyle still promotes, and still receives the speed bonus.

Edited by Baldrick

• 3 weeks later...

Based on my experience, they have pretty good growths and can pretty much kill anything.

Why are they better than other units though?

Perhaps you missed the opening post, and I'll forgive you for it. Allow me to repost some highlights from the opening quote that could help you reconsider your position.

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist on ephraim" ANYWHERE in your rating for Innes I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

Now, unless your playthroughs involve arena abuse and slowplay casual style on Difficult mode, I highly doubt that your Ewan and Amelia are seeing a ton of action, and bossing through the game.

If I'm wrong, pleace do correct me. I'll wait. I have a cup of coffee to finish.

You know who has really good growths? Seth.

No way. That can't be possible. He's a Jeigan; an early pre-promoted unit. How can he have good growths...that just doesn't make sense.

No way. That can't be possible. He's a Jeigan; an early pre-promoted unit. How can he have good growths...that just doesn't make sense.

Careful, Elie. People might take you seriously.

@Ewan/Amelia: They got shitty scores because they're objectively terrible units by almost any standpoint. Simple enough?

Why are they better than other units though?

Because I think that they can get more kills, evade easily, and can take more damage than other units.

Their growths actually aren't spectacular either. They have more levels for deviation and that's it.

That's not the case for me.

Because I think that they can get more kills, evade easily, and can take more damage than other units.

False.

for me.

Congratulations, you just invalidated your own argument. I had a Marth who doubled a 1RKOd most of FEDS H5 with Iron/Steel (no I'm not making this up) - is Marth a good unit?

(if you're confused, the answer is no)

Edited by Integrity

Careful, Elie. People might take you seriously.

Understandable. That was kinda prickish.

&

Is the case for you involving casual playthrough at turtling casual speeds, on Difficult Mode?

Please do clarify this, as there are many members here who will happily disagree with you until you do clarify.

Is the case for you involving casual playthrough at turtling casual speeds, on Difficult Mode?

Please do clarify this, as there are many members here who will happily disagree with you until you do clarify.

Check the averages; even if you turtle and level Amelia/Ewan they turn out on par with their peers at best.

Check the averages; even if you turtle and level Amelia/Ewan they turn out on par with their peers at best.

which may be what our naysayer is going for. He might not see them as top-tier, he may have been expecting more middling ratings for them.

Uh, their growths are always the same unless you hacked. In which case it's not qualified to be talked about in a rating thread. I can hack all of Seth's growths to 255 and he would be EVEN MANLIER.

Amelia 60 35 40 40 50 30 15

Seth 90 50 45 45 25 40 30

Let's just look at Amelia vs Seth for a second. The ONLY growth she wins in is lolluck. And this is only taking into account growths, nevermind Seth also have spectacular bases and domination throughout the entire game. This is just growths alone.

If yer gonna talk about growths, check the damn data.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

which may be what our naysayer is going for. He might not see them as top-tier, he may have been expecting more middling ratings for them.

? He quite explicitly says "I think they're better than 'other units' (read: everybody?)"