Famitsu info (8/3), branched promotions return

I liked how FFTA did reclassing.

And the feature of "class change" in it's most general form has been around from the very beginning. After all, when units promote, they change their class: it's just that it's a one-way change and into a class that's almost always an improvement upon the old class.

Haven't played enough of FFTA to comment on it. If the system is anything like FFV's, it seems to me like a bit of a different matter.

Branched promotions clearly entail a changing of class, so it's obvious that that's not what he was referring to.

Edited by Othin

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't tell in the Callum scan if he's wielding a sword or a lance... The scan is too artifacted for me to tell the icon of the weapon :/

if that screenshot is based on the fight above then it's a lance

Just in.

Emelina is the Holy King of Iris. She is Krom and Liz's elder sister.

Is the title masculine and used to make clear she is the ruler (not the rulers wife) or is it just a "English has no gender neutral equivalent to the Japanese title" thing? Also surprisingly correct that Krom is not (high) in line for succession.

Also: Has IS heard my complaints about the lack of female axe users?

Holy crap, Liz is REALLY well suited for Smash Bros.

Wonder if FE9's Bolt Axe will return given her strength seems a little poor.

Also: Anyone have concept/promo art for Valencia? I can find an unclean of one with a quick google, but nothing decent quality.

Edited by deuxhero

Do we know if Liz is a special class, or if Cleric is just this game's normal healer? What I'm saying is, is this gonna be another Mist or can I have an army of axe wielding healers?

Do we know if Liz is a special class, or if Cleric is just this game's normal healer? What I'm saying is, is this gonna be another Mist or can I have an army of axe wielding healers?

Liz's class translates directly as Sister. This is typical for the Cleric class; characters like Serra and Natasha have their class listed as Sister in the Japanese version.

Mist is the exception; her class translates directly as "Cleric" in the Japanese version, at least in the FE9 version; looking up FE10 info, I'm a bit confused, but it seems to be the case as well.

There's still no way to tell, but so far that makes it seem like Liz's class is more likely to be a typical one than a special one. Doesn't mean other characters really will have the class, but the possibility appears open.

Edited by Othin

I suppose even if the clerics have low strength axes will at least give them a chance to damage something. On a side note, it's also freaking sweet. I definitely like the option of branching classes way more than single paths or class-change like in FE 11. More than 40 classes too, about the same as FE8. I really hope they add in the level 21=promotion from FE 9/10.

On the site Vincent says that Iris is "a nation ruled by the descendants of the Holy King who vanquished the Evil Dragon with the Divine Dragon's strength".

I wonder if the Holy King who vanquished the Evil Dragon is Marth. If we're playing a game where the typical "ancient heroes" (Hartmut, Holsety, those types) are the heroes of another game, in this case FE1/3 (and maybe 2?).

On the site Vincent says that Iris is "a nation ruled by the descendants of the Holy King who vanquished the Evil Dragon with the Divine Dragon's strength".

I wonder if the Holy King who vanquished the Evil Dragon is Marth. If we're playing a game where the typical "ancient heroes" (Hartmut, Holsety, those types) are the heroes of another game, in this case FE1/3 (and maybe 2?).

From what I understand, the Holy King is indeed supposed to be Marth. Apparently either that term or an equivalent one used to describe the same character is the same as Marth's title at the end of FE3. So yes, that seems to be the case.

So Marth is back as a cyborg.

I haven't read through the whole topic, somenoe else might have mentioned this already, but...

Holy fucking shit, how can Cullum even move in that armour? It's got to be the bulkiest, heaviest-looking suit of armour I've ever seen, both in and outside of a FE game. Shit. It's awesome.

I haven't read through the whole topic, somenoe else might have mentioned this already, but...

Holy fucking shit, how can Cullum even move in that armour? It's got to be the bulkiest, heaviest-looking suit of armour I've ever seen, both in and outside of a FE game. Shit. It's awesome.

I bet it's secretly a mech suit. I mean, this takes place like 1000 years after the first 2 games and Marth's a cyborg. I couldn't doubt that it's a mech suit.

I knew it! Generic enemies have their own mugs that vary based on class. We've already seen Myrmidon and a demon soldier, and now we see two kinds of regular soldiers (or a soldier and a halberdier?) and another demon guy.

Also, Frederick's got some damn spiffy armor.

Which brings up a good question, how is the world so samey over the many years?

We haven't really seen much of the world, have we? It could be really different for all we know. Or are you talking about the shape of the continents? Because I'd expect continents to look pretty much the same over a couple centuries.

Edited by The Awesomest