Famitsu info (8/3), branched promotions return

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing it's a scale of 20-30, like in the GBA/DS games. Great Knight, for example, appears to have the following caps:

Str: 28

Mag: 20

Skl: 25

Spd: 24

Def: 30

Res: 21

This brings serious questions about what purpose a General could possibly have.

I would guess, based on the promotion gains overall and the incredible Cav=>GK defense gain in particular that the maximum is higher than 30. But with the images that're presumably of the caps, the apparently full def cap for GK's is a bit confusing.

Also for rescuing it's possible they made it movement/unit type based instead of con based. Armors and fliers can rescue infantry, cavalry can rescue armors or infantry, something like that

I would guess, based on the promotion gains overall and the incredible Cav=>GK defense gain in particular that the maximum is higher than 30. But with the images that're presumably of the caps, the apparently full def cap for GK's is a bit confusing.

Also for rescuing it's possible they made it movement/unit type based instead of con based. Armors and fliers can rescue infantry, cavalry can rescue armors or infantry, something like that

It's definitely possible; hard to tell what to make of it so far.

Con might still be in like in FE9/10, just not considered important enough to be mentioned, especially if it's not even affected by promotion.

Not sure if this is old news or not, but page 2 of the scans confirms the return of casual (and classic) modes.

Old, unfortunately :/

I like getting to make a choice. I see it as an opportunity to make my lovingly trained team have suitable badass classes.

FE8 had more class diversity. The only classes that were "removed" were lord classes and Nomad Troopers (replaced, effectively, with Rangers).

1. Fair enough, we're two different people.

2. Actually, looking back at things the 'problem' I was thinking of barely exists. I was thinking more of the classes you can have on your team at once e.g. if you've been training Neimi and Gerik, have already promoted Neimi to Sniper and you want a Ranger (for whatever reason, maybe you want to lower your turncounts) then your only practical option is to promote Gerik to Ranger, even if you think that he'd be better as a Hero. Also, as a particular case, you never recruit a Pirate, if you want one you have to promote Ross. Like I said, I mostly imagined this 'problem' but it's still something I don't like about FE8 and branching promotions in particular.

I like the stat chart = caps idea, but I don't think it's plausible because of this page. Historically, non-promoted caps don't really vary that much between classes, unless it's FE4.

That and those charts seem to appear during the class roll, where base stats are always shown.

Looks like you're right, Vincent. If it's a 0-14 scale (each segment is 7) and we assume the promotion gains are the difference between the classes' base stats, then it seems to fit with the actual numbers of the promotion gains.

Edited by Othin

Looks like you're right, Vincent. If it's a 0-14 scale (each segment is 7) and we assume the promotion gains are the difference between the classes' base stats, then it seems to fit with the actual numbers of the promotion gains.

To look at this in more detail, this is what it looks like:

Cavalier

Str: 6

Mag: 0

Skl: 5

Spd: 6

Def: 7

Res: 0

Paladin

Str: 9 (+3)

Mag: 1 (+1)

Skl: 7 (+2)

Spd: 8 (+2)

Def: 10 (+3)

Res: 6 (+6)

Great Knight

Str: 11 (+5)

Mag: 0 (+0)

Skl: 6 (+1)

Spd: 5 (-1)

Def: 14 (+7)

Res: 1 (+1)

Those differences indeed fit the promotion gains perfectly, and they also explain the negative gains. If promotions involve adjustments like this to fit the class base stats, like in FE11/12, I think it is a safe assumption that growth rates will work the same way. So this looks good, both for the relevance of the system in general and for the potential of the Battle Cleric class and other odd possibilities.

I really hope they do have rescue. I missed it in FE11/12, but it's excusable since they're remakes. I don't see why they wouldn't bring it back, so here's hoping they do.

FE13 seems to happen in a similar world to Archanea, according to fans' speculations. There has never been Rescue in Archanea. =P

I haven't read through the whole topic, somenoe else might have mentioned this already, but...

Holy fucking shit, how can Cullum even move in that armour? It's got to be the bulkiest, heaviest-looking suit of armour I've ever seen, both in and outside of a FE game. Shit. It's awesome.

He doesn't only move/walk with that armour. He jumps, too.

FE13 is (initially) in Archanea. There's no question about that.

Regardless, that's completely meaningless. FE4 didn't have the Rescue command, but FE5, set in the same place, did. FE11/12 only didn't have Rescue because they were remakes of specific games that didn't have the commend. FE13 is not, and it's demonstrated many other things the previous Archanea games didn't have, including branched promotions, monsters, the teaming up system, and hell, a Lord not named Marth. Granted, most of these were also in Valencia, which is the setting for some of FE13, but that just means it would be even harder for the game to be bound specifically to the features of the Archanea games.

Edited by Othin

He meant the rescuing/dropping function, not the staff. The capitalisation might've been misleading.

Indeed. Edited for clarification.