Homestuck Mafia Game Thread

Balcerzak

I don't see how that equates to it being multifaction just because you have an easy way out.

The other thing is that there are no examples of a town faction or a mafia faction given in the OP.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Bal~!

Much as I'd like to help, I don't have what you're looking for, Snike.

Also, I'll read through this thread in more detail when I get home. I'm honestly not sure what to think of this game.

Well there's that, but more than that you've also shown a distinct unfriendliness to certain interests of mine. I don't know if you're explicitly aligned against my goals or just sort of blundering into opposing them, but either way, I don't like it.

ETA: If you demonstrate that you aren't out to get someone I'm looking out for, I'll easily change my mind.

Don't get mad cause I want to put the troll's claims to the test. Or are you mad I approve of the completely reasonable idea of killing someone to clear the entire rest of his faction?

##Unvote: scorri

##Vote: Excellen

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

(The word being 'faction'.)

Is an entire group lying about not wanting to kill anyone a common thing in mafia, that you'd be so dubious about the trolls? (Legitimate question, I have never played this game before.)

I'm not sure justice would be served by killing nobody, but I don't know quite who to kill, either.

*shrug* I was just saying that if we aren't even sure there's a group trying to kill the trolls (my current guess is the trolls are the "townspeople" and that the people that aren't trolls for sure are the "mafia" though they may have troll names since there are twelve of us) there doesn't seem to be much point in killing someone right off the bat. Of course, we do have a chance of killing someone who's "evil" now so I suppose that's a reason. But it's completely random. Though, so is all of this game, so... :P

##Unvote: scorri

##Vote: Excellen

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

(The word being 'faction'.)

I think I do. Although a noob as yourself might prefer alignment or something. Whatever. Also I figure a faction of at least two members (basically confirmed as the same faction) whose goal is to let one of them survive the game(apparently, still eager to put this to the test), along with my own wincon, doesn't make any fucking sense in a town versus mafia game.

Though you could always provide reasons to make me think otherwise.

Mmmm just out of curiosity, how exactly do we have two trolls "confirmed"? I may have missed something, but just cause someone says they're a troll doesn't mean they are. Especially if they have any concept at all of Homestuck. And as for quoting their PM, it'd be pretty easy to fake it. I'm not saying people are lying, I just think saying "confirmed", unless I missed something which is quite possible, is a little too soon.

I have yet to be convinced that Excellen is operating under any reasoning other than simply being out for blood, though I may have just been put off by confrontationalness.

I wouldn't necessarily label JB/Aurora as harmless, given knowledge of Gamzee's backstory, but for the moment I don't think killing him is a good idea. I can certainly think of trolls I would trust faaaaaaaar less.

I have no idea what the hell is going on. Therefore. . .summary time.

Page 1 - Welcome~! Snike asks for a Magic Cue Ball. I declare that I have a life. Shinori doesn't think we SF mafians have lives. Snike votes for Shinori. Shinori votes for Snike, saying that night voting is scummy. Shinori realizes it's day, and feels silly. Proto thinks the Pesterchum system is interesting. Rein wants Terezi Pyrope to Pesterchum him. Snike sees an OMGUS, and decides to vote for scorri instead. JB wants Trolls to Pesterchum him. Nags wants to know what's up with the soft claim party. I am clueless as all hell, so ask females to Pesterchum me.

Page 2 - Nags wants to know WTF you all are, and votes for Iris. Excellen think they're asleep, and votes for Kiryn. Shinori exists, and has no idea that Kay changed her name. Iris was sleeping/waiting on some rules things. Shinori derps again and unvotes. JB pokes scorri in the hopes she'll do something. Bal reminds us of DST. scorri's lost, and votes for Iris. Iris doesn't approve of the reasoning behind scorri's vote ("you over me"), but thinks this is a newbie thing. Rein still wants Terezi to contact him. Kiryn is lost, and votes for Snike. scorri's still confused, and votes for Snike. Proto knows nothing about the theme. Nags has used both of his pesters, and they went through, and that he's not Terezi. Rein and Kiryn discuss the possibility that Terezi's out of Pesters.

Page 3 - Nags thinks Terezi might be me. Kay also knows nothing about the theme, and kindly requests Shinori to bother someone else. Rein votes for Snike on a hunch. Nags wants to know where Snike went. scorri thinks Snike needs to be brought to justice. Nags isn't feeling the Snike wagon, and votes for Kiryn. Shinori remembers Kay's schedule, and votes for Excellen. I am not Terezi, and vote for Proto so he'll talk. Snike had a life, and requests an extension. Nags seconds it. I third it. Iris agrees. Excellen gets pissy about his vote. He then votes for JB to see how town hostile the trolls are.

Page 4 - JB claims Gamzee and a bunch of other stuff, read it dammit. Excellen says he has two trolls confirmed, and wants to kill JB to verify it. Logic by JB, read it. Shinori unvotes Excellen. Excellen's looking for someone that kisses others? Rein points out that Gamzee sucks at rapping. Kiryn votes for Excellen, and wonders if he's an exile. Excellen doesn't get it. Logic by Kiryn, read it. Snike thinks this is multifaction, and wants the owner of the Cue Ball to speak up, so he can win. Rein doesn't get it. Snike points to the OP. I don't own the Cue Ball. Excellen's trying to test JB's faction claim. scorri unvotes, and thinks we can vote to kill no one this round.

Page 5 - Snike votes Excellen. Kiryn isn't sure if what's happening is common in mafia games. scorri isn't sure if there's a group out to kill trolls, but thinks that the lynch might kill someone that's evil? Excellen half-explains himself and half-insults Snike. scorri wonders what this confirmed business is about. Excellen wants to kill one just to see if it's true. scorri shrugs. Excellen wants a lynch to happen. Kay votes for Shinori, based on JB's claim. Kiryn isn't sure what logic Excellen is operating under, but thinks there's far worse than Gamzee to get rid of. scorri figures it's better to lynch Excellen than no one.

After that little compilation. . .I'm not really inclined to move my vote. I'm pretty sure Proto will be on one more time before phase end. I'm not very fond of Excellen's attitude of "kill Trolls now", nor am I fond of scorri's waffling (but this could be because she's new, so I'm giving her a bit of a break).

I disagree with the kill trolls idea by Excellen. Frankly if we have people that are trolls and we know they aren't mafia we shouldn't go lynching them. I know we have no way of knowing if they are trolls or not but supposedly we have two confirmed trolls but i HIGHLY doubt that all of the mafia would go out into the open claiming troll to try and look like they aren't mafia.

Not quite sure if my post made sense. Just woke up.

Also. Why are you voting me Kay? Just curious.

Eclipse: yeah... I was all of the confused for a while, but I think I have things sorted out now. Thanks for the recap, and unless I get a very *very* good reason to, I'm sticking with my vote at this point.

I disagree with the kill trolls idea by Excellen. Frankly if we have people that are trolls and we know they aren't mafia we shouldn't go lynching them. I know we have no way of knowing if they are trolls or not but supposedly we have two confirmed trolls but i HIGHLY doubt that all of the mafia would go out into the open claiming troll to try and look like they aren't mafia.

Not quite sure if my post made sense. Just woke up.

Also. Why are you voting me Kay? Just curious.

Hi Shinori. I did miss that you had unvoted before, but it kinda looks like you were trying to find someone you could vote for so you would look active, while not wanting to be noticed.

Votals:

Excellen [3]: Shinori, kdanger, snike, scorri

scorri [1]: Snike, Aurora

Snike [1]: Shinori, scorri, kdanger, Strider

Kiryn [1]: Excellen, Naglfar,

Aurora [1]: Excellen

Proto [1]: eclipse

Shinori [1]: Snike, Centurion,

Iris [0]: Naglfar, scorri,

Centurion [0]: Shinori

A little under 12 hours remaining, no further extensions available.

If I've listed your vote incorrectly, let me know. I'll do another thorough check at phase end, just to be sure.

Don't get mad cause I want to put the troll's claims to the test. Or are you mad I approve of the completely reasonable idea of killing someone to clear the entire rest of his faction?

Or you could just wait for a troll to die normally and try lynching someone else, since there is no reason to believe they're a scum faction.

I think I do. Although a noob as yourself might prefer alignment or something. Whatever.

Did you just call Snike a noob...?

Also I figure a faction of at least two members (basically confirmed as the same faction) whose goal is to let one of them survive the game(apparently, still eager to put this to the test), along with my own wincon, doesn't make any fucking sense in a town versus mafia game.

obvious conclusion that most of us should have come to by now: there is no town

If anyone has a better idea than killing trolls that isn't killing me, I'm all for it. However if you don't then you should agree with me that killing Troll isn't a very bad choice for a D1 lynch.

If you were some form of scum, would you claim it on Day 1? What would you do when someone else flipped the same alignment?

I can only assume you specifically want the trolls dead for some reason. That's kind of unsettling.

If you were some form of scum, would you claim it on Day 1? What would you do when someone else flipped the same alignment?

I can only assume you specifically want the trolls dead for some reason. That's kind of unsettling.

Don't play this kind of nonsense on me boy. This is empty gibberish. If a faction(and a faction you undoubtedly are) smells like a bunch of liars you kill one to find out what they are lying about. That's good mafia conduct and in this case serves my long term goals of winning this game. Also why so many problems with lynching one of you to clear the rest of you?

is it because you are most definitely hiding something?