Homestuck Mafia Game Thread

Balcerzak

Aaaaaaand I'm back! That was a fun trip.

So what it came down to on Excellen was that as a troll, I was pretty unnerved by his insistence to kill trolls. It seems there has to be a third party outside the kids and trolls, since both kids and trolls are just out to survive. Admittedly exiles were a stretch, even if some of the exiles did wind up turning murderous to some degree or another in one of the sessions in the comic, but exile was really a blind guess. A lot of what I've been doing so far has been blind, really. I can't clearly see what's going on given my mafia inexperience, but I've got to try and sniff things out somehow.

So you're saying that you're a troll, and the kids have the same win condition? That actually explains a lot. I guess we can assume two towns and a mafia for the time being.

Excellen claimed to be a "kisser" when I contacted him early on, which I can't say I really understand, especially after the flip. Can anyone explain this?

##Vote: Naglfar

I want to hear what you have to say besides pointing fingers.

What the hell does this even mean?

...Anyway, considering the likelihood of double towns, I think we might want to massclaim alignment. I'm a troll (why has like every other troll claimed already), what about you guys?

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I claimed because I was acting stupid during the furst day due to this being my furst time playing mafia online and thus not really understanding how to play. I didn't want Iris to continue to suspect me of being suspicious.

I suppose a "kisser" could have something to do with bringing back the dead, given the dreamself mechanic in Homestuck itself, but that seems a bit, I don't know... out of place for a mafia game. Or something, I don't know.

The rules imply that resurrection is possible. I wouldn't rule it out.

I also think that that it would purrhaps be a good idea if the people who have been lurking around the thread and not saying anything tonight would speak up and say something. Beclaws otherwise it looks rather suspicious.

*edit: oops forgot a word there >_>*

Edited by scorri

1. If you forgot a word, put it in the next post.

2. Thanks, whoever you are.

3. Here's a little reminder:

10) Death is not necessarily the end.

So what it came down to on Excellen was that as a troll, I was pretty unnerved by his insistence to kill trolls. It seems there has to be a third party outside the kids and trolls, since both kids and trolls are just out to survive. Admittedly exiles were a stretch, even if some of the exiles did wind up turning murderous to some degree or another in one of the sessions in the comic, but exile was really a blind guess. A lot of what I've been doing so far has been blind, really. I can't clearly see what's going on given my mafia inexperience, but I've got to try and sniff things out somehow.

Bolded part is what I have issues with.

1. what the fuck HOW MANY TROLLS ARE THERE IN THIS GAME

2. How do you know this? Where does it ever say that Kids are only out to survive? I sure as hell didn't see that as Excellen's win condition.

I voted for Excellen fur the same reason. It made sense. He was trying to kill someone who had claimed to be a peaceful role that was just out to survive. And since I'm aligned with that purrson, as Kiryn also claims to be, it would make sense for us to vote fur the purrson that was out to get them. Beclaws of that, I don't see how it makes much sense to vote fur her now, especially after she's claimed to be a troll.

OK what the fuck

At the moment, I have 6 people claiming to be Trolls, including myself. Given the fact that people are calling this a 2-town mafia game, I would put it at about 5/5/2 or 5/4/3, assuming the 2 towns win when the mafia is gone or something, I've never played in a 2-town set-up before.

So how can there be 6 trolls? At least, 1 "troll" is lying. Also, can I have some input on what the possible numbers could be? I'm aware this has traditionally been looked at as scummy, but at this point I don't really care.

So how can there be 6 trolls? At least, 1 "troll" is lying.

You count six...? Uh, under those circumstances, considering how easy it could be to claim troll, I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of the scum got Excellen lynched and subsequently did so to justify themselves.

I was thinking numbers were something like 4/4/3/1, but there's no way to tell, really.

Bolded part is what I have issues with.

1. what the fuck HOW MANY TROLLS ARE THERE IN THIS GAME

At the moment, I have 6 people claiming to be Trolls, including myself. Given the fact that people are calling this a 2-town mafia game, I would put it at about 5/5/2 or 5/4/3, assuming the 2 towns win when the mafia is gone or something,

There are 12 trolls that are young and have importance to the story, so...

5/5/2 wouldn't make any sense of we're keeping this pre-scratch, which I would assume is the case, as there are 4 pre-scratch kids. So that's a thing.

I would think the mafia type guys might be the Felt or Derse agents, but not sure.

Two Town factions... I never heard of it before, but it sounds quite interesting. I don't really see the logic in that though. If it's the Mafia's win condition to eliminate all townies from both the "Town" factions, then what is there to separate the two different Town factions? Going by that theory, the only difference between Town A and Town B is that the members of Town A will lose the game if they all die, even if Town B wins, and vice versa. This only affects who wins and who loses, but it won't change the way the players play the game. Town A and Town B could very well be considered to be a single Town faction then.

Unless zak is trolling us, I highly doubt there could be two Town factions where the Mafia's win condition is to eliminate both of them. If the "Mafia" only needs to eliminate one specific "Town" faction instead of both, then the other "Town" faction would actually be a Neutral faction.

I might be missing something though, so I would appreciate if somebody could elaborate more on their "two Towns" theories, because I really can't understand how they can work.

@Naglfar: People have Pesterchum'd me.

Yeah, I figured.

Two Town factions... I never heard of it before, but it sounds quite interesting. I don't really see the logic in that though. If it's the Mafia's win condition to eliminate all townies from both the "Town" factions, then what is there to separate the two different Town factions? Going by that theory, the only difference between Town A and Town B is that the members of Town A will lose the game if they all die, even if Town B wins, and vice versa. This only affects who wins and who loses, but it won't change the way the players play the game. Town A and Town B could very well be considered to be a single Town faction then.

Unless zak is trolling us, I highly doubt there could be two Town factions where the Mafia's win condition is to eliminate both of them. If the "Mafia" only needs to eliminate one specific "Town" faction instead of both, then the other "Town" faction would actually be a Neutral faction.

I might be missing something though, so I would appreciate if somebody could elaborate more on their "two Towns" theories, because I really can't understand how they can work.

Who knows? And who cares, we still need to lynch the mafia just like any other game. We should keep track of the setup, but let's not think too hard about it.

Bedtime though.

Phase ends pretty soon, so I might as well throw a vote out, especially since I probably won't throw out another post.

##Vote: Iris

You know I <3 you, but you're not posting anythiiiiiiiiing =( Even in Kamen Rider you were at least posting votals and such, but here... there's nothing.

I would assume most of the trolls are obviously lieing. Maybe the town itself are the troll or something? And the other faction would be a mason like group? If so then they would have the ability to contact each other and just say that they would all claim trolls. Also i would assume mafia would most likely claim troll for the fact that it would be easiest for them. There is no real way of proving it wrong or right except by killing them or having some way of seeing their faction. In all reality i only think there are at most 3 trolls, and even then i think that might be one to many. Even without a mason system people could have easily used the pester system to tell each other to claim troll.

With 12 trolls in story, the current numbers don't look too suspicious to me, especially given how many of them were given major story focus.

For Kids, we had John, Jade, Rose, and Dave. We have confirmed Jade's existence by accidentally killing her. I know of at least one other kicking around here somewhere.

For Trolls, the really story-relevant ones were Karkat, Terezi, Vriska, Gamzee, Sollux, and I guess Kanaya.

Scorri is fairly obviously one of the others outside those six, based on the cat puns. We would appear to have a Gamzee (Aurora), I've got good evidence that we've got a Terezi and a Vriska, and I would be pretty astounded if there were no Karkat. So that's five right there. I'd also be pretty surprised if we didn't have all four kids, which put us at 4 kids/5? trolls/3? mafia.

My guess, then, would be that the Trolls on the whole are a survival-based group with maybe a few bad apples, or maybe even two distinct groups with the same name. I wouldn't be surprised if a Gamzee or especially a Vriska were to start killing people, while Nepeta is probably pretty harmless, a possible Karkat would most likely be a good guy, and Terezi would be working for delicious justice.

The other thing is that I would guess that any mafia types would have have abilities to tip the scales in their favor. Homestuck villains are few but powerful; I don't see why this wouldn't continue to hold true in a mafia game. (I don't see much else either, but details.)

Hey Snike, I'm a little curious as to why you voted fur me during the first day so quickly. If it was just beclaws I was lurking and not doing anything else, than I'm fine with that and understand. If it was fur some other reason, I'd like to know what it was.

Hey Snike, I'm a little curious as to why you voted fur me during the first day so quickly. If it was just beclaws I was lurking and not doing anything else, than I'm fine with that and understand. If it was fur some other reason, I'd like to know what it was.

This is mostly RVS stage voting, but I retained it because of the X 3 voting combo on me by you Kiryn and Strider.

If uh Vriska or Rose could talk to me so I can scan them for the cueball (I was just told it was hidden), It would be much appreciated.