Member badges now selectable

VincentASM

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess. But if they're shy they likely wouldn't be complaining in the first place.

Well, there's a difference between being too shy to complain and too shy to ask someone else to do something for them.

I suppose that's true. But really, I don't get what the big deal about badges are. Then again that might be just because I have multiple characters I like as badge choices.

Hey, I've been hoping for Tormod the entire time I joined! :P: Even if my other favorite character isn't a badge option, at least I have Tormod.

Don't worry, I've tried flipping character art before, like in Masked Marth's badge (and I think Vika by TheEnd is flipped). I just think some characters look wrong flipped and FE10!Mia happens to be one of them : (

To that I say: Let the people look wrong with their Mia badge they chose of their own free will. I will happily flaunt around with a wrong-looking Mia badge!

Several people in this thread have stated it looks good, as did Charlie in the SF chat. Why do you choose to deny Mia fans their princess? Whether it "looks" wrong or not should not be judged by one such as yourself who does not hold Mia in such high regard.

The more options available for people, the more satisfied the userbase will be. It's that simple. And what more could you ask for if the badge is already made and at a standard that is worthy of a place amongst the others?

The more options available for people, the more satisfied the userbase will be.

And we come back to "give the memberbase SOME room, and soon enough they'll be pushing and shoving for more."

The fact that this announcement exists shows how generous Vincent is. Shouldn't you be happy with that, and not whining over one missing character?

Meh. I'm just thankful to you and Vincent for going through so much trouble for a simple badge (and to Vincent for starting that badge competition thing, even if I didn't win). I'm happy with the Tormod badge, and I kind of wish people would appreciate that now they can pick their own freaking badges instead of asking for more characters.

Where was this mentioned that you weren't going to accept User-made FE-themed badges?

And in terms of this badge, I'd say it looks official. I don't care about credit and whatnot.

Well, whatever. It would be nice if you did implement a Mia badge. Not necessarily the one I made, but any one.

And Boron, don't get me wrong, I'm grateful this has been implemented as much as the next person, but the reasoning I'm hearing for not creating a Mia badge is pretty poor. Looking at the one I made as an example, I'd say it looks pretty hot, and not "wrong", as Vincent believes.

And Boron, don't get me wrong, I'm grateful this has been implemented as much as the next person, but the reasoning I'm hearing for not creating a Mia badge is pretty poor. Looking at the one I made as an example, I'd say it looks pretty hot, and not "wrong", as Vincent believes.

I'm just wondering what's the big fuss over a single Mia badge, though? There are plenty of options to choose from now, since the badges extend into FE 4, 6-10, and 13. Surely, everyone can find at least one character they like in the choices. Even I had no problems since Tormod was an option from the beginning -- and I really only like Tormod and Rath nowadays anyway. So ... what's the big deal over missing just Mia?

We discussed it in PM when I started getting other PMs with people asking for their badges to be used.

I mean I'm not saying we'll never accept user-submitted ones, or won't accept some, but for the moment we've decided not to. Could change in the future, I dunno. Let things settle for a while! Haha.

I'm just wondering what's the big fuss over a single Mia badge, though? There are plenty of options to choose from now, since the badges extend into FE 4, 6-10, and 13. Surely, everyone can find at least one character they like in the choices. Even I had no problems since Tormod was an option from the beginning -- and I really only like Tormod and Rath nowadays anyway. So ... what's the big deal over missing just Mia?

She's my absolute favourite, over Rebecca and even Raven. Hell if I was a girl I'd probably name myself Mia and not Raven.

It's worth a push to try to get what you really like, but if the admins ain't budging, then what can I do.

I am backing out of pushing for Mia, but the reasoning's all wrong. Just like Mia, apparently.

If you don't know me yet, you can probably see I'm as stubborn as anything. I would push harder, but I know better considering what has been done by Vincent and TheEnd already is very good. A massive improvement.

Edited by Raven

Sounds like a good idea. If I'm given the right stuff (just the backgrounds for the badges is all I really need), I can contribute some good quality badges in future. Like Mia up there.

I approve of this topic! Feels like I've had Sothe forever.

And now he's gone. And I'm spared the dramatically ironic situation of wishing I had Sothe back instead of NPC soldier.

Edited by Baldrick

Okay, I knew it was a bad idea to give a vague answer, like I gave previously. However, I've been busy working on FE13 updates, so I didn't have time to make an official statement.

As Tangerine mentioned, regardless of my personal dislike of the Mia badge, I won't be adding any user-contributed badges any time soon. I also won't be working on any new badges in the near future, due to lack of free time. Also, you shouldn't get worked up about my dislike of the Mia badge--I'm really quite picky and don't like some of my own badges.

Additionally, I don't believe it's a good idea to allow a handful of members a badge of their choice, even if they took the time to made it themselves, because it's plain favouritism. Granted, I'm guilty of some favouritism, but it's for a good cause. If I let you have Mia, what's to stop every other member adding their favourite character?

I honestly completely understand that members want badges of characters that they like, that's why I even bothered to implement a system to let members choose badges. However, if you really want your favourite character displayed when you post, use an avatar or signature : P

EDIT

I'm fine with a member vote, as Tangerine just posted, but I'll probably be too busy to run it this week.

Edited by VincentASM

I understand Vin. I wasn't unaware of the things you stated about favouratism etc., but i thought I'd give it a shot anyway. Doesn't hurt to try.

And on that note, I don't want Raven's head popping up on my left side twice, so I'll be switching back to Rajaion.

Additionally, I don't believe it's a good idea to allow a handful of members a badge of their choice, even if they took the time to made it themselves, because it's plain favouritism. Granted, I'm guilty of some favouritism, but it's for a good cause. If I let you have Mia, what's to stop every other member adding their favourite character?

I honestly completely understand that members want badges of characters that they like, that's why I even bothered to implement a system to let members choose badges. However, if you really want your favourite character displayed when you post, use an avatar or signature : P

Wait, what? That doesn't make any sense? If you add a badge into the selectable badges, can't everyone use that badge if they desire, unless it's something like a moderator badge? How is that favoritism? I don't care anyway because IhavemygoddamnhoersandI'mhappy, but like, if a badge is of a good quality (IE: The Mia badge) what's the big deal in adding it? Does this seem like too many questions? Do I seem like a continually perplexed person? Is there anything more important in life than mymotherfuckinghoersbadge? Does hoers sound a lot like whores?

Edited by Klokinator

Wait, what? That doesn't make any sense? If you add a badge into the selectable badges, can't everyone use that badge if they desire, unless it's something like a moderator badge? How is that favoritism? I don't care anyway because IhavemygoddamnhoersandI'mhappy, but like, if a badge is of a good quality (IE: The Mia badge) what's the big deal in adding it?

I think the problem is (it was mentioned earlier?) that there is a limit to the total number of badges possible. Like, the ipboard software won't allow more than a certain number of badges. If this is so, then you can see why it might be a problem to allow a few members their prefered badge. They'd run out of space before everyone can have a character they want. But still, if both Vincent and TheEnd were trying to make a Mia badge anyway, even if they don't like their creation I don't see a reason not to put it out there for the Mia fanatics like Raven and Ether to at least have the option of using a Mia badge, no matter how bad it might look. That's not really favoritism if they were trying to make a good one anyway.

klok

this is not sos where noro puts up with your shit

U so kawaii when u mad

I think the problem is (it was mentioned earlier?) that there is a limit to the total number of badges possible. Like, the ipboard software won't allow more than a certain number of badges. If this is so, then you can see why it might be a problem to allow a few members their prefered badge. They'd run out of space before everyone can have a character they want. But still, if both Vincent and TheEnd were trying to make a Mia badge anyway, even if they don't like their creation I don't see a reason not to put it out there for the Mia fanatics like Raven and Ether to at least have the option of using a Mia badge, no matter how bad it might look. That's not really favoritism if they were trying to make a good one anyway.

See, that makes sense. I wondered if there wasn't a badge limit myself.

The point is by allowing some people to make badges there's a point where it would be completely excessive to have more. Then some people would complain, not everyone would have their favorite badge, etc etc

EDIT: missed this page

whoops

Edited by Dirk Strider

Quality control and style consistency are also factors. I'm pretty happy with the Ninian badge I made for Rey, but I do agree it'd look out of place here since my graphic-making style differs drastically from Vincent/TE's.