New 6 Minute trailer

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also does anyone think that the villain looks like Jafar (from Aladdin)?

He looks like the black version of him, yes. I hope the villain isn't the only dark-skinned character other than Vake in this game. -_-

Maybe he is an important person from another nation? He appears in the trailer when "Threat of neighboring countries" is written on the bottom right.

Edited by Cammy

just saying, the combat information window and level up screen are still terrible and unhelpful

but give me this game

Just saying, more detailed info is on the bottom screen. They showed the level up bottom screen at some point at least, and it would be really stupid not to do the same with combat info.

So, trickster is what's left of the thief class now that steal's a transferable skill? Even more faster and maybe has some other kind of unique skill?

Hell yes.

Wonder if the black Pegasus is just a different style or a separate class entirely - perhaps a branched promotion.

Snipers could compete with Rangers well enough if they get penalty-free 2-3 range and a crit bonus. Or high enough promotion gains.

Krom was fighting a mage guy at some point; was that MU? Strange.

Edited by Othin

Yeah, it looks like it might be that.

What's with the damage numbers? So many critical hits look ridiculous. Krom does 108 damage on a crit? And then there's the two characters that attack an enemy, doing 43 and 38 damage, which doesn't seem like they can be crits. Monster-slaying weapons, I guess? Enemies don't look like they're putting up much of a fight so far...

Edited by Othin

Yeah, it looks like it might be that.

What's with the damage numbers? So many critical hits look ridiculous. Krom does 108 damage on a crit? And then there's the two characters that attack an enemy, doing 43 and 38 damage, which doesn't seem like they can be crits. Monster-slaying weapons, I guess? Enemies don't look like they're putting up much of a fight so far...

The FE12 previews had a massively souped-up merc MU demolish the chapter 4 boss, so there's no doubt that these previews are using units with inflated stats against enemies on the easiest mode.

Also, if you notice when Krom lands his critical at 4:29, there appears to be a splash effect. Perhaps we have elemental properties for non-magic users now?

That could be one of the reasons it dealt so much damage.

Anyway, the game itself is looking great. The characters each look so individual, and the style really compliments the series imo, especially through the rendered cut scenes. Hopefully the artsist will stick around for a few more titles after Awakening is finished. I'm loving the diversity of the backgrounds too. The one where Krom is fighting in the bones of some giant monter really grabbed my attention at least.

The FE12 previews had a massively souped-up merc MU demolish the chapter 4 boss, so there's no doubt that these previews are using units with inflated stats against enemies on the easiest mode.

You're probably right, and I certainly hope so.

Also, if you notice when Krom lands his critical at 4:29, there appears to be a splash effect. Perhaps we have elemental properties for non-magic users now?

That could be one of the reasons it dealt so much damage.

Doesn't look any more special than other attacks to me.

OMG....could this game get any better?

the music is one of the things that i really liked in this trailer....and the cutscenes look very interesting

i'll say this again and again......I HATE nintendo and IS for this amazing game!! :awesome:

.......Im Losing my PATIENCE

Edited by H-Bastaki

It did look like MU, perhaps they have implemented a system that allows your characters to spar with each other (a modified arena, basically [this is pure speculation, though])?

or perhaps it turns out that mu is really an enemy agent. we already know that mu lost their memory.... so mabye?

or perhaps it turns out that mu is really an enemy agent. we already know that mu lost their memory.... so mabye?

And spoiling that in a trailer? No.

I updated the first post a bit, to clear up some of GoNintendo's slightly vaguely-written details. Now you have slightly less vague details!

I'm still slightly shocked they've confirmed the existence of other worlds for this game and who else, but Anna, could be your other-world guide?

New guy in town! Been lurking for a while.

This may seem far fetched, but I think there are two "Marth's" in this game.

Watching the trailer, towards the end when Krom clashed with "Marth", "he" sounded especially feminine. However, when Krom was dueling "Marth" in the arena, he definitely sounded male. Call me crazy, but if I'm right, I will do a happy dance.