New 6 Minute trailer

New guy in town! Been lurking for a while.

This may seem far fetched, but I think there are two "Marth's" in this game.

Watching the trailer, towards the end when Krom clashed with "Marth", "he" sounded especially feminine. However, when Krom was dueling "Marth" in the arena, he definitely sounded male. Call me crazy, but if I'm right, I will do a happy dance.

HI welcome :P

"he" or "she" did sound feminie around 5:22....beside "his/her" body in the artwork looks feminine too...so who knows

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I updated the first post a bit, to clear up some of GoNintendo's slightly vaguely-written details. Now you have slightly less vague details!

I'm still slightly shocked they've confirmed the existence of other worlds for this game and who else, but Anna, could be your other-world guide?

Anna must have some secret Tardis she never tells you about. Though the whole "other worlds" thing just makes me think about the interview where(I can't remember who) said they wanted to make a Fire Emblem game based around cross over between the games.

New guy in town! Been lurking for a while.

This may seem far fetched, but I think there are two "Marth's" in this game.

Watching the trailer, towards the end when Krom clashed with "Marth", "he" sounded especially feminine. However, when Krom was dueling "Marth" in the arena, he definitely sounded male. Call me crazy, but if I'm right, I will do a happy dance.

I think this is probably the most probably circumstance. An entire group of people working across the continents, all dressed as Marth. Why, who knows? Sounds interesting though.

One thing I noticed was at about 2:04 you can see the Archer attack a Pegasus Knight and only do 22 damage which I thought was pretty low, while it was more than enough for a OHKO it looks like he was using a Steel Bow from the 35 uses. I wonder think if Effective damage might be back to is 2x again if it's not calculated in a new way.

Edited by arvilino

Judging from the icon, I'm guessing it's a slightly used Iron Bow, so that kind of damage is more plausible. Can't read the kanji to make sure; perhaps someone who can could take a look? It's probably just uses remaining, so it makes sense that it could be a slightly used Iron Bow.

What's stranger is that around 2:46, the same guy attacks a Dragon/Wyvern Knight and does just 12 damage. It might just be an Iron Bow, again; if they still have 5 Mt, that requires the knight's Def to be 3 more than the guy's Str, which is plausible, especially if stats are wonky.

Odd that it uses kanji, though. I don't know about the most recent games, but at least some of the games have used hiragana for Iron/Steel weapons.

Edited by Othin

If you really can travel through the Dragon's gate and onto other worlds/continents, I wouldn't be surprised if the game turns out to be absolutely massive, but contrary to what I've previously speculated, I don't think units will change class twice simply because there're only 40-50ish classes, and Sacred stones had about that many. And that bit with Krom fighting MU; I thought it was another character's MU, and that it was a multiplayer competetive battle.

I think the adventures in this game will be limited to Archanea and Valencia, the two continents we saw. The portal stuff is for getting DLC characters from other games, like Ayra and Innes.

Hey, it just occurs to me that this means we'll finally get official translations for some of those characters, and perhaps other stuff relating to them.

The problem here, though, is that its hitting for 22 damage. You can't do that with a x3 effective bonus. So effective dropping to x2 seems like what has happened.

Why wouldn't you be able to hit for 22 damage with triple might?

Because it may have been a while since I've played the games and have forgotten the formula... I'll just go and edit that out.

I thought the voice at 1:20 was supposed to be Krom's...

Either way it's worth noting that Marth's doesn't seem to be voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa in either of his appearances.

His voice actor's been confirmed, and it's someone different.

Krom doesn't seem like he was the focus of the 1:20 scene.

I'm still slightly shocked they've confirmed the existence of other worlds for this game and who else, but Anna, could be your other-world guide?

She's obvious Super Anna. We need to make her the official mascot of Fire Emblem.

Edited by Super Mecha Death Christ

I think the adventures in this game will be limited to Archanea and Valencia, the two continents we saw. The portal stuff is for getting DLC characters from other games, like Ayra and Innes.

Hey, it just occurs to me that this means we'll finally get official translations for some of those characters, and perhaps other stuff relating to them.

I'm actually worried that the japan-only characters won't be localized for an NA release.

There's a point. If it's tripling the might, then you can still take defence away and get 22; if the damage itself is tripled, 22's obviously impossible. I was never entirely sure how bonus damage was calculated till now though.

I'm still wondering if the Trickster is the new Mage Fighter, or the Mage Rogue

I don't particularly care which, but I dearly hope it is one of those.

And because NoA hates games, we don't have to worry about two seperate translations like Shadow Dragon...

Wait, that's not a good thing...

Anyone know the undead units have glowing eyes?

Anyone notice Marth is wearing a mask covering his eyes?

It would be pretty dumb if the guy that's long dead in a game full of zombies is covering his eyes because of that.

Strange how much they show Krom fighting Marth when it sounds like the first time they meet is Marth rescuing Krom.

i know its weird also marth seems to be defending liz (if u see the video there's the sound of swords clashing in that scene)

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/0314/022.png

( notice the falchion and marths cloak)

i know its weird also marth seems to be defending liz (if u see the video there's the sound of swords clashing in that scene)

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/0314/022.png

( notice the falchion and marths cloak)

I would note that at the time, it seems like Marth's mask has come off and Liz get's a good look at him.

I would note that at the time, it seems like Marth's mask has come off and Liz get's a good look at him.

holy crap marth IS a zombie

well i can't see any mask in that particular screenshot but it's of low quality and marths hair is the same color so you can't really tell but it's quite possible