• Announcements

• Tangerine

Serenes Forest Scribbles 2016! Two weeks left for submissions!   12/03/16

Hey everyone! We've started up our Creative event once more, you can check out the thread here:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=67567

If you're new here, it's an event where people can submit something they've created for the chance to have some fun and win some prizes. If you've got a talent you'd like to share with the FE community, there's no harm in giving it a go! Check out my post here for the deadline extension:  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rexcalibur

Should I use Illyana?

99 posts in this topic

Depends what type of run you are doing...

Personally though, I have used Ilyana quite a bit in my playthroughs. She can turn out great and you will also have a Rexbolt User! She is harder to use when you are playing on harder difficulties but i managed to use her in Hard Mode...

It is your choice though...

The real question is: do you WANT to use her? Because if you want to use a character, there are ways to make them usable. When I feel like using Ilyana, I just BEXP abuse a few points of speed so that she doesn't fall behind. So, really, do you want to use her?

Do you want to use her?

If so, then use her. Honestly, unless you're trying to be a LTC player, you should be able to use every character fine unless you get horribly screwed (but that's not the characters fault).

She works better if shes got PoR transfers. Her speed is pretty low as well. But shes usable. Not fantastic but usable. Besides, rexbolt.

You can, but be prepared to sink resources and forges.

But Rexbolting the dragons is epic fun.

In EM/NM she's easier to use

In EM/NM she's easier to use

Even then, she requires a bit too much love and probably nearly all your speedwings. Funny how i have the patience to train Fiona but dont give two shits about Ilyana...

Edited by Florina

Even then, she requires a bit too much love and probably nearly all your speedwings. Funny how i have the patience to train Fiona but dont give two shits about Ilyana...

Really? I think I've capped her speed in every playthrough (3, one on each mode) and she's never gotten a speedwing or reset abuse....Granted she has a +spd transfer, but that's all bexp abuse in fe9. Bexp to 99 + first turn reset abuse would cover an extra 2 points if I felt like it so still no speedwing.

.Granted she has a +spd transfer, but that's all bexp abuse in fe9. Bexp to 99 + first turn reset abuse would cover an extra 2 points if I felt like it so still no speedwing.

lol thats probably why. I had a pretty good Ilyana transfer and one run, she ended up almost identical to her PoR self. (Read: not useless and actually contributing.) So its kinda hit or miss. Like i said, she really likes having transfers.

Depends what type of run you are doing...

Personally though, I have used Ilyana quite a bit in my playthroughs. She can turn out great and you will also have a Rexbolt User! She is harder to use when you are playing on harder difficulties but i managed to use her in Hard Mode...

It is your choice though...

Pretty much sums my thoughs about Ilyana. I suppose she can take an early promotion and resolve to kill armours if you didn't get thani

Hey that is quite possible in an HM draft...

Should I use Illyana?

Out of bias yes.

She is pretty awesome when trained properly (you know, maybe some battle save abuse but mostly capping her good stats early on and bexping her for speed lvl ups). She is mostly for normal mode though.

also if you train her, you get to use that awesome rexbolt. :awesome:

she can be tough to train, but IMO it's usually worth it.

so like

does this mean that training any unit is worth it to you

so like

how do you mean?

so like

Does it really matter who rapes the game when just about anyone can do it? Others just do it with less spoonfeeding than others :P:

so like

If he wants to use that unit, then yes. If he doesn't, then no. He should pick the units he wants to use, not the ones that you consider to be the 'best'.

If he wants to use that unit, then yes. If he doesn't, then no. He should pick the units he wants to use, not the ones that you consider to be the 'best'.

He's asking for a reason however. Dondon isn't out of place in saying that ilyana is bad. He's merely saying that the effort put into her is not worth it. Which might be what TC wants to know. If he wanted to use her, just to use her, he probably wouldn't be asking.

Edited by SlayerX

how do you mean?

He means, "if a unit is tough to train, they are worth it in the end", as in "a" refers to any unit.

Which is kinda incorrect.