The Story, Do you think it's going to be deep or shallow ?

Brave Lord

Through all the past 10 installments Fire Emblem seen ups and down in term of story and gameplay, for example : The first installment had a somewhat deep story but remained in the shallow side where it was basically a legendary hero who have to kill the dragon, (I will skip on gaiden because I didn't play it) the third installment which is a direct sequel to the first have improved alot in the plot twists where it included emotional trauma and interesting stuff, the 4th game had one of the best storylines ever, it never dissappoint where you have your fantasy and you have your noble quarrels. the 5th shown how good fire emblem plot writers can fit a side story into the main story, the 6th and 7th games pay a visit to the first game style, the 8th game pay a visit to gaiden style in terms of gameplay but to me the story was very shallow to keep me interested, the 9th game had an interesting story where you see the other side of the coin the view of a commoner where the hero of the game is just a mercenary who is no noble and he hates nobility to a certain extent but he rises and become a general just to full-fill his job as a mercenary and then he avenges his father death, the last original game was a sequel to the 9th game where it begun show the story of the defeated country and showed that even where the corruption lies there are good people who love their country and are ready rebel against the occupying army, it re-introduced the victorious country entering a civil-war, it re-introduced the heroes of the last game continuing their job as mercenaries, it re-introduced the the allies as the sworn enemies (the story was deep to a certain extent, but still felt like it was rushed even though it's the longest game in the series)

This is basically my view on every game I played in the series.....

My prediction:

Sacred stone with Radiant dawn flavor.

What do you think guys ? (please use comparison from old games if possible)

I honestly think it's too soon to tell. Also, your formula relies entirely on your own opinion and ranking of the games, which I respectfully disagree with. I don't think you could use that sort of analysis to predict what the new game will be like. It would be different for everyone. :o

I definitely have high expectations for the plot however. After the lukewarm response to FE10 and the storyline disaster that was FE11, I think Nintendo is going to give it their all on this one. :3

Edited by Popo

I'm not really expecting much from this game's story, but it could turn out to be interesting, given the new source material and the possibility of ties to other games. There's also the second continent, which could shake things up a bit.

Yep, not expecting much. I don't really expect much from FE plot-wise since I play it for the game mechanics and read books for a great story. However, I have to admit that all the speculations are interesting.

all we know about the main story right now is that perezia is home of the bad guys and they invade iris the home of krom and your starting characters ,the dark dragon gimrey is back to wreak havoc sometime along the game marth saves krom ( at least that's what his descriptions says no?) and we have two falchions and a continent no one knows anything about. That's not enough to make any assumption of the overall story. We can speculate all we want but the final product may differ

Basically all we know is the outline of it all since feria is still a mystery (where did that wall come from o.o) the second continent is not covered at all and from the looks of it the in game characters haven't been there (in one of the base conversation screenshots there's a world map with only akaneia on it)so like i said, not enough data to draw conclusions from so let's keep our hopes up for a good storyline

Edited by Velth

I just hope it comes to the states so I can play it. But as for the story, I'm not sure. I mean I'd rather not get my hopes too high or I'll be disappointed, like I was when I played Twilight Princess. It was still a great game, but I got myself so worked up over how great it would be that it fell short.

I'm hoping they'll make it closer to FE7 in terms of depth. I freely admit that I almost cried at some parts, and I think it's something when a game can have that kind of impact. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

How about this convoluted idea.

Multiple continents-Barensia/Akaneia/Elibe/Magvel.

Time travel into far future for Tellius.

And have a trial maps with units like Seth and Marcus, which you'll have to fight to recruit.

I smell a convoluted one..........................

I honestly think it's too soon to tell. Also, your formula relies entirely on your own opinion and ranking of the games, which I respectfully disagree with. I don't think you could use that sort of analysis to predict what the new game will be like. It would be different for everyone. :o

I definitely have high expectations for the plot however. After the lukewarm response to FE10 and the storyline disaster that was FE11, I think Nintendo is going to give it their all on this one. :3

It's stated in the thread that whatever I said was my view :).....

Anyways high expectation is a good thing to see for me I always hope for a good thing but still anticipate the average to not get disappointed.

I've only played FEs 7-11 but I've read up on the stories of FE4 and FE6, so I know a bit more about that. The only one of those that I did not like was FE11. And while I can understand that FE11 was a remake of FE1, which was made back in the days when a more simplistic plot was more acceptable, FE11 was a bit TOO directly remade in story. There wasn't any real ... twist to the story that kept me interested. Like, for example, the Tellius series. FE9's major plot was "defeat Ashnard" the entire time, but the things about the Serenes Massacre, the Black Knight side plot, and the interactions between laguz and beorc were interesting. And then, FE10 came along and we find out that so much of the history we learned in FE9 was a lie. (I know most people hate Part 4 of FE10, but I loved it ...) As long as FE13's plot isn't simple like that of FE11, I'll be fine.

Honestly, Fire Emblem stories are typically on the thin side. The support conversations in 6-9 were the primarily place to see any real character development aside from the extremely core, main cast. Radiant Dawn saw a decent amount of development in the main story, mostly due to the large size of the main cast, with each group getting a day in the spotlight, but it lost a lot of development from generic support conversations.

All things considered, I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking story-wise, it will probably be slightly interesting and fun, but nothing terribly deep or unique. It'll dance on cliched but we'll probably enjoy it anyway.

my opinion is that this game will focus more on new and improved game mechanics but have a reasonable plot. hopefully itll be nice and long.

one of the things that i have found with playing 3ds games is that with the exeption of zelda and ggost recon. i completed them too quickly and was left wanting motre... hopefully the dlc will fix that..... i dunno..

Well, what we're looking at here is your typical good vs evil with dragons. Not to mention what appear to be the undead. If it has to do with these gates, then we can assume someone is definitely trying to be a Wesker.

As for the Masked Marth, possible time traveling? Maybe a descendant? Imposter seems likely. I have a feeling part of the story will revolve around him. We also have the MU with amnesia. What could his role be in all of this? Probably some kind of Jason Bourne thing going on here, who knows? Guess we'll have to wait and see! If we get a North American release date, that is.

The new (read: Not remake) FEs ever since FE7 have grown considerably deeper and deeper than the older FEs. Of course what we've seen of the story so far hearkens back more to those older games. We have a hero directly descended from the legendary hero who wields his legendary blade, an evil dragon bent on mankind's destruction, etc. It seems particularly devoid of depth in comparison to FESS or Radiance Saga which managed original (at least for FE) villains and motivations and more complex plot points.

Of course what we've seen so far cannot possibly indicate everything. If we were to strip FESS down to the level of plot knowledge that we have about Awakening, then we'd find it similarly simple and plain.

The thirteenth installment will have a quite deep story that will nontheless be incredibly shallow as it'll basically be a retellling of the story of Marth from the eyes of a different character.

Edited by Refa

The thirteenth installment will have a quite deep story that will nontheless be incredibly shallow as it'll basically be a retellling of the story of Marth from the eyes of a different character.

Hardly fair to assume that.