• Announcements

• Tangerine

Serenes Forest Scribbles 2016 has begun, Raffle prizes have been updated!   12/03/16

Hey everyone! We've started up our Creative event once more, you can check out the thread here:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=67567

If you're new here, it's an event where people can submit something they've created for the chance to have some fun and win some prizes. If you've got a talent you'd like to share with the FE community, there's no harm in giving it a go!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Purple_Knight

Anyone else worried about the u.s release ?

58 posts in this topic

The whole fe12 things got me paranoid . I'm just hoping it will be announced at e3 . If it isn't then I doubt fe13 will be released in the U.S.

/cough cough north american not u.s. You are not the entire continent.

Also no.

That is all.

Whether or not it'll happen eventually, I have no wish to wait to play it until months after we already know every detail of it. I'm going for the Japanese release.

[quote name='Darros' date='20 March 2012 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1332283466' post='1901400']
/cough cough north american not u.s. You are not the entire continent.
[/quote]

[s]We're the best part of the continent.[/s]

Also, I'm not worried, personally. NOA isn't THAT stupid, not after IS seems to be pulling all of the stops with this FE and with the need to kindle interest in the 3DS. If any installment will instill fervor in the US, it will be this one, I think. Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

I'm worried :B

But, not the end if the world. I'll wait out till E3, if not, European version, here I come.

Unless the EU version comes out before E3 (lol).

I'll need to stay away from this site. Spoilers ;_; Edited by L95

[quote name='Kngt_Of_Titania' date='20 March 2012 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1332283860' post='1901419']
[s]We're the best part of the continent.[/s]

Also, I'm not worried, personally. IS isn't THAT stupid, not after they're pulling all of the stops with this FE.
[/quote]
IS isn't NOA.

Say, does anyone know of a way to order the 3DS bundle from outside of Japan?

[quote name='Othin' date='20 March 2012 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1332284169' post='1901439']
IS isn't NOA.

[/quote]

Oops, clarifying/editing. Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

[quote name='Othin' date='20 March 2012 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1332284169' post='1901439']
IS isn't NOA.

[/quote]

Play-asia says pre-orders are open soon

[url="http://www.play-asia.com/Nintendo_3DS_Fire_Emblem_Kakusei_Edition/paOS-13-71-9h-49-en-70-4keq.html"]http://www.play-asia...en-70-4keq.html[/url] Edited by L95

I'm worried, but I'm at least satisfied since there will be an English release. If the trend of NoA not releasing things and NoE actually releasing them continues with FE and then beyond, it could actually be a good thing for NoA to push me into buying a Europing 3DS anyways.

Anyone know a good site to pre-order Awakening from Europe? And a 3DS, for that matter?
I'm not familiar with any.

Play Asia stocks US 3DS'es :v

I do wonder how long NoA will take to announce it, if at all. Edited by L95

[quote name='L95' date='20 March 2012 - 07:10 PM' timestamp='1332285036' post='1901473']
Play-asia says pre-orders are open soon

[url="http://www.play-asia.com/Nintendo_3DS_Fire_Emblem_Kakusei_Edition/paOS-13-71-9h-49-en-70-4keq.html"]http://www.play-asia...en-70-4keq.html[/url]
[/quote]
Good find. I searched there a bit earlier, but for some reason the bundle didn't show up. Now I'm just concerned about the price...

I think they just added it, It wasn't there earlier.

I will get worried if nothing is mentioned at E3 and later if the EU version sells poorly. Right now I am pretty chill though. And worst case scenario, at least it will have an official translation into English this time so we can all import it (and it should also have French, Spanish, and Portuguese settings for the rest of the continent, since it is the European release and that should have most EU languages...)

Not really, as long as we know its coming out in english. So far this is the only 3DS game I really want, so if I have to buy a european one I will. I don't think there that many games that aren't released in europe and most of the time I will probably be able to wait a few months. Is there any good site to buy a european 3DS from? Otherwise I can just pick one up when I'm in Germany there this summer. I don't think it will be that much more expensive and I don't want to risk ending up with a US one.

Despite all that though, I don't think we have to worry too much about a US release. NOA needs any help they can get to sell a 3DS.

Would you need a European 3DS to play the European version of the game?

Yes. Stupid region lock. >_>

[quote name='Kon' date='20 March 2012 - 07:05 PM' timestamp='1332291951' post='1901727']
Yes. Stupid region lock. >_>
[/quote]

Oh hey, it's somebody I haven't seen before. I hate region lock too and--

[img]http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j426/kngt_of_titania/Avy.png[/img]

Wait a minute...does that avatar say?...

[img]http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j426/kngt_of_titania/Avy2.png[/img]

Oh, it's on. Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

Honestly, no matter whether or not it gets released in America, the likely huge wait before it (and likely as well for the European release) is as much of an issue. It's a shame how rare it is to see companies recognizing the importance of releasing games, movies, etc. in all regions at around the same time.

At least they could've gotten rid of that godforsaken region lock so we don't need to buy a Japanese 3ds if we wanna play it in its native language.

Fucking region locks.

[quote name='Helios' date='20 March 2012 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1332294331' post='1901796']
WHY?!?!?!?!
[/quote]
a) To troll
b) To potentially profit of people buying multiple 3DS'

Well, if worst-case scenario happens, there's the step-down converter to deal with electrical standards differences...

Couldn't you use a US charger, since all 3DS chargers should have the same output?

US charger if you're in the US OFC, since it accounts for the socket difference (the input), and should have the same output... right? I remember reading that somewhere. :v

If all 3DS'es don't take the same input, then NVM. Edited by L95

If you have a US charger, that sounds like it should work. If the Japanese 3DS is your only 3DS, on the other hand, it could be more of an issue.

^ above user is wrong...The ninty website says that charging in a foreign country can damage the system and charger, so you have to buy a european charger and step-down converter as well as a european 3ds to play a european game in the usa... :(

Eh, -shrug- I read it on some forum. Are you sure it meant with the orignal (foreign) charger or the local charger? It should have no effect on a charger from the same region, regardless of 3DS, because it was built for that regions socket.

This is where I read it: [url="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453813"]http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=453813[/url]

[s]Nintiny is just lying to you to discourage importation[/s]

But I don't think its worth worrying about because:

USB charger FTW.

Still, I need to find a Website to get a EU 3DS in the first place. I don't like ebay >> Edited by L95