• Announcements

• Tangerine

Serenes Forest Scribbles 2016 has begun, Raffle prizes have been updated!   12/03/16

Hey everyone! We've started up our Creative event once more, you can check out the thread here:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=67567

If you're new here, it's an event where people can submit something they've created for the chance to have some fun and win some prizes. If you've got a talent you'd like to share with the FE community, there's no harm in giving it a go!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Purple_Knight

Anyone else worried about the u.s release ?

58 posts in this topic

No. Obviously they are going all out for this installment, so it makes sense that it will be eventually localized for NA.

It better be. I'm getting more and more hyped for this. I might explode XD

even if noa doesn't release this at least it will be in English so i can import it from europe (hopefully they'll get a bundle like they did with last story)
but seeing that the devs have gone all out in this one i'm pretty sure it will be out in north america

[quote name='luchinania' date='21 March 2012 - 04:31 AM' timestamp='1332300719' post='1902053']
No. Obviously they are going all out for this installment, so it makes sense that it will be eventually localized for NA.
[/quote]

"make sense" is a foreign concept to NoA.

[quote name='shadowjam' date='20 March 2012 - 07:19 PM' timestamp='1332296397' post='1901883']
^ above user is wrong...The ninty website says that charging in a foreign country can damage the system and charger, so you have to buy a european charger and step-down converter as well as a european 3ds to play a european game in the usa... :(
[/quote]

I looked for [url="http://www.antarespro.com/pictures/6589247_1.jpg"]eu charger specs[/url] to prove my claim, and I figured out that I was wrong on my above claim, however, expect double time charging 3ds when low on power, unless I am wrong again... Thanks... Edited by shadowjam

[quote name='deuxhero' date='20 March 2012 - 11:59 PM' timestamp='1332302342' post='1902132']"make sense" is a foreign concept to NoA.[/quote]
Took the words right out of my mouth. I've got fingers crossed, but after that Rainfall debacle where NoA made themselves look like they weren't interested in the attention of paying customers, I wouldn't count out the illogical. Edited by Rambo M

It's not a remake, so I could easily see them releasing the game as a final attempt into the North American market. Furthermore, it's already being translated into English, which is typically the easy part, a North American release would make sense. The game also seems be getting pushed quite hard in Japan, with the special edition 3DS and whatnot.

As for being worried, no. I do not own a 3DS and this is the game that will make me buy one, so I will import both the 3DS and game, if required.

[quote name='StrategistPockystix' date='21 March 2012 - 07:58 AM' timestamp='1332316731' post='1902475']
Looking at recent NoA behavior, expect at the very least another piggybacking of NoE's hard work. . .
[/quote]

As is the American way, or so they tell me...

Well, if it doesn't come out in Europe, I'll (finally) be glad to live in Australia.

[quote name='shadowjam' date='21 March 2012 - 12:07 AM' timestamp='1332302843' post='1902156']
I looked for [url="http://www.antarespro.com/pictures/6589247_1.jpg"]eu charger specs[/url] to prove my claim, and I figured out that I was wrong on my above claim, however, expect double time charging 3ds when low on power, unless I am wrong again... Thanks...
[/quote]
Well, contrary to popular belief, the 3DS has enormous battery life unless you abuse it, so I'm not concerned.

And damn this is getting good.

Yes and no...

This isn't a remake, its a entirely new game, you heard all the positive reasons. Its getting a European release first, so technically the English version will be already done (It would just need tweaks). The only reasonable thing that could shaft an North American release is NoA's occasional derping.

But honestly, I'm starting to get a good feeling about it.

[quote name='Kngt_Of_Titania' date='20 March 2012 - 09:24 PM' timestamp='1332293099' post='1901756']
Oh hey, it's somebody I haven't seen before. I hate region lock too and--

[img]http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j426/kngt_of_titania/Avy.png[/img]

Wait a minute...does that avatar say?...

[img]http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j426/kngt_of_titania/Avy2.png[/img]

Oh, it's on.
[/quote]

[spoiler][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dCwTT.jpg[/IMG][/spoiler]

Ahem. Back on topic, I'm not incredibly worried that it won't get localized, but I'm fully prepared to import a European 3DS just for this game if it doesn't. Edited by Kon

Yes, I'm worried. I like Nintendo's games, but NoA is a bunch of f***tards. Seriously. Read [url="http://www.crit-hit.net/top-20-games-nintendo-wouldnt-release-in-the-us/"]this[/url].

After MOTHER3, Rainfall, FE12... Well, I guess they just don't want my money.

well if they didn't announce anything by the end of 2012 then we must.....freak out!

but for now just chill guys :P

so theatrhythm final fantasy is getting a summer release and it came out in february so if fire emblem comes to north america we'll hear about it at E3 so we get like a Q4 release (maybe europe will get it this summer or end of Q3 )

[b]
[/b]

[quote name='Flock of Geese' date='22 March 2012 - 09:48 AM' timestamp='1332427712' post='1904332']
Rainfall
[/quote]
Aren't all those games being released in the U.S.A. now?

[quote name='Flock of Geese' date='22 March 2012 - 07:48 AM' timestamp='1332427712' post='1904332']
Yes, I'm worried. I like Nintendo's games, but NoA is a bunch of f***tards. Seriously. Read [url="http://www.crit-hit.net/top-20-games-nintendo-wouldnt-release-in-the-us/"]this[/url].

After MOTHER3, Rainfall, FE12... Well, I guess they just don't want my money.
[/quote]
Because investing money into games that wouldn't turn a worthwhile profit is fucktard-worthy.

[quote name='Celice' date='22 March 2012 - 02:05 PM' timestamp='1332446709' post='1904666']
Because investing money into games that wouldn't turn a worthwhile profit is fucktard-worthy.
[/quote]

Yeah, this isn't one of those games that nintendo didn't waste (at least it would be in their eyes) money translating from Japanese. This is a game that will already be in english. Now I know there are a few games nintendo didn't release that came out in europe, but that list is much, much shorter.

[s]Operation Emblemfall[/s]

I still have high hopes for this. I'll wait even if it comes out in EU first, to support teh series. [s]or buy both, wasting money FTW[/s] Edited by L95

[quote name='Celice' date='22 March 2012 - 04:05 PM' timestamp='1332446709' post='1904666']
[/quote]
Did you read the list? Some of those stand out as appearing to require minimal if any investment: Mario and Wario, for example. Edited by Othin

[quote name='Othin' date='22 March 2012 - 02:47 PM' timestamp='1332452827' post='1904799']
Did you read the list? Some of those stand out as appearing to require minimal if any investment: Mario and Wario, for example.
[/quote]
Marketing, employment of producers, translators, editors, production and manufacturing costs of cartridges, manual, and box--effort went into games that gave bigger dividends, from a projective-standpoint.

Mario & Wario is a pretty bland game. At the time, that would've been a bit of a cost to invest in, compared to something like Tetris or Dr. Mario, that already had recognizable audiences.