22.3 Famitsu Update

Sounds like there's a little character planning that's possible now, different builds, like we saw in FE4's skill-projection.

Hmm, yeah. This could be good if it's pulled off well, as long as characters are defined well enough from their innate abilities.

This also seems to give more of a purpose of the Change Proof's level reset, which makes me wonder if it'll have a way to account for the level reset in the Exp formula rather than just giving extra Exp from the reset.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, yeah. This could be good if it's pulled off well, as long as characters are defined well enough from their innate abilities.

This also seems to give more of a purpose of the Change Proof's level reset, which makes me wonder if it'll have a way to account for the level reset in the Exp formula rather than just giving extra Exp from the reset.

I highly doubt that.

I highly doubt that.

It wouldn't be difficult at all. Say Sumia is a LV18 Dark Pegasus and turns into a General, then levels up to LV7. From there, she could be counted as a (18+7-1) LV24 unit. It's pretty much how Gaiden accounts for promotions in determining what levels characters learn spells at. And without it, the potential for massive Exp gain would be rather ridiculous.

It wouldn't be difficult at all. Say Sumia is a LV18 Dark Pegasus and turns into a General, then levels up to LV7. From there, she could be counted as a (18+7-1) LV24 unit. It's pretty much how Gaiden accounts for promotions in determining what levels characters learn spells at. And without it, the potential for massive Exp gain would be rather ridiculous.

On the otherhand, if that formula was put in and you turned a promoted unit back into an unpromoted unit. Due to the base stat loss it could heavily cripple a unit as they'd need 9 levels with the lowered EXP gain before they can promote again.

I don't think difficulty has anything to do with a useless precaution. If it's not something to bother over, they wouldn't.

And it's not useless and is absolutely something worth bothering with, so what's your point?

On the otherhand, if that formula was put in and you turned a promoted unit back into an unpromoted unit. Due to the base stat loss it could heavily cripple a unit as they'd need 9 levels with the lowered EXP gain before they can promote again.

Surely promoting down a tier could be handled differently, since after all that is for the purposes of gaining Exp and levels.

And it cripples a unit pretty much by definition in the first place.

And it's not useless and is absolutely something worth bothering with, so what's your point?

Would not creating a method of retroactively augmenting experience make the game crumble to bits? If not, it's not a pressing need. You might see an incredible worth in it, but anyone can see incredible worths. This is asking what the development team would do, not what you want them to do and how to do so

About the DLC characters didn't they say they are viable via spotpass not DLC ? which means they are going to be free, the only thing that's DLC is the map , I have Samurai Warrior and I recieve spotpass with content all the time it's awesome :P.

Would not creating a method of retroactively augmenting experience make the game crumble to bits? If not, it's not a pressing need. You might see an incredible worth in it, but anyone can see incredible worths. This is asking what the development team would do, not what you want them to do and how to do so

It would make the game's system of doling out Exp and levels crumble to bits; there's no question about that.

And I'm just musing over things here.

About the DLC characters didn't they say they are viable via spotpass not DLC ? which means they are going to be free, the only thing that's DLC is the map , I have Samurai Warrior and I recieve spotpass with content all the time it's awesome :P.

That's what I read. They are supposedly replacements for fallen units. I...have got to get a 3DS soon.

B-but, I don't want to kill my characters for DLC D:

Just one thing.

I'm yet to see any confirmation that you can only add extra units to your army if you provide blood sacrifices, a la FE11.

It's possible that article simple meant "you've let your units die in Classic? No problem, you can still get DLC chars and fill the gaps." As in, an option, instead of a requirement. Otherwise, using DLC characters in Casual mode would be impossible, and I somehow doubt they'd do that.