Extra Credits

CrashGordon94

I found this show from a post in this topic.

It's actually really quite good, they mostly talk about deeper issues with video games and gaming in general, each episode doing a different issue (normally). Oftentimes they even fit in a good amount of humor. It's definitely worth checking out!

Oh shit, didn't have time to notice and respond before you made the topic. Nice!

I actually really recommend the show, should've done so sooner. It's made weekly by 3 professionals in the game, animation and another-one-which-escapes-my-memory industries, and it's funny and easy-going while being pretty insightful about why a lot of things in the video game industry are the way they are, from past to present and future. It's my favorite commentary on the huge range of things I can consider video-game-related.

• 2 weeks later...

It's definitely about the message, yeah. They often repeat the sentiment of improving the art form and trying to achieve something we can all respect. I hope one day to make them proud?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for a bit of a bump but I have something to say, hopefully that will make it okay.

For one thing, I've noticed that throughout all their plot/story/narrative episodes they have a rather big thing for conveying that stuff. It's not an awful idea but I find it hard to get my head around and I don't think it's nearly as important or awesome as they make it out to be.

Another thing is that there are some occasions where Daniel is talking about something in the first person while it's illustrated with James doing something, which confuses me as to who it's supposed to be about. Mostly I'm fine because Dan says he's quoting James but there have been times more recently where it was sneaked into an ongoing monologue without that indication.