FE6 HM Playlog

36 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one Ilian

Has it occurred to you that some of us might be saying we like the changes because. . .we LIKE it? Just 'cause it ain't your cup of tea doesn't mean that someone else can't find it amusing.

I agree with eclipse, Onmi. :/: Honestly, I'm just the type of person who's easily entertained, and I happen to find Horace and Doku's "alternative character interpretations" pretty funny. Apparently, you don't. That's fine. But don't act like you speak for the rest of us, because some of us, like eclipse and me, really DO find it hilarious.

Now wait just one second, I just said "It's not funny" I didn't say "stop the playlog" I never said "no one finds it funny" I have and always will speak only for myself. It seems to me that none of you, especially Shin and Horace who seem to have the feelings of wet paper, could handle one simple negative comment "It's not funny" I don't care if you both find it funny, my hats off to you, you are far more easily entertained than I. What I said was "It is not funny" and "don't edit the text" because of the aforementioned "it's not funny".

While it is fine that you disagree with my assessment of the humor, I find your overreactions to be both laughable and pathetic. You act like I slapped Horace and Shin in the face with my dick, I'm sorry that I hurt their sensitive little feelings, From now on I shall color everything I say with rainbows and fancy drops, because as we all know that is the best way to improve somethings quality.

this was my post

Or better yet, please don't. It's not funny. This is funny http://shaym.in/fe1/lp.html

In response to "Going to have to re-edit all the text". Did I say "No one finds it funny"? Did I say "Stop the play log it sucks"? I don't see anything there.

Happy Easter children. See you all next update.

Edited by Onmi

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least I have the courtesy to be truthful to you rather than just sucking you off like a mindless drone, but apparently that was cause for putting me in the shitlist, not my problem.

You're telling me that this doesn't sound (or imply) that everyone else's who's enjoying the text changes is just sucking up to them?

I'm not defending Horace or Shin, Onmi. They can do that themselves. The quoted text is what I'm arguing against. Because apparently, to you, the fact that I like the changes and am letting Shin and Horace to keep it up means that "I'm just sucking off [them] like a mindless drone!" angry.gif

Edited by Jihyun

You're telling me that this doesn't sound (or imply) that everyone else's who's enjoying the text changes is just sucking up to them?

I'm not defending Horace or Shin, Onmi. They can do that themselves. The quoted text is what I'm arguing against. Because apparently, to you, the fact that I like the changes and am letting Shin and Horace to keep it up means that "I'm just sucking off [them] like a mindless drone!" angry.gif

Not at all, I am saying it would make me a mindless drone to give the popular opinion rather than my own opinion, but I'm sorry you personally felt insulted, in response I send flowers to your house of residence with a teddy bear which tells you it's all right to have your delicate feelings hurt on the internet.

Someone sounds like a hipster. Can't we just ignore what we don't like? I'm not just talking to Omni, Boron if someones being a moron it probably makes more sense to ignore them than give them the benefit of having an excuse to speak more.

Not at all, I am saying it would make me a mindless drone to give the popular opinion rather than my own opinion, but I'm sorry you personally felt insulted, in response I send flowers to your house of residence with a teddy bear which tells you it's all right to have your delicate feelings hurt on the internet.

Did I even say that I was "personally insulted"? I was annoyed at it, but not insulted, and now you're just making yourself seem like a bigger ass than before. Right now, we're not contributing anything positive to Horace's thread, so let's just fucking drop it.

Anyway, Horace, you think you'll have an update soon?

Geez, such hostility in this thread. Everyone have a fat bunny or something. They're cute and fluffy and won't eat you, I promise. Except the one in my avatar.

Anyway, looking forward to the C5 update~

Children calm down please. I would rather not get this topic derailed any further, although it is my fault for making a backhand comment.

Anyhow, I've just finished the rest of chapter 5, expect an update soon

Also bunnies are cute

Also, Baby Bonnie Hood, I mean no hostilities to you, sorry if it were implied by my actions or anybody elses.

Edited by General Horace

Funny how when I tell someone to leave a thread because they don't find it funny I get Mods raining down on me and a friend of mine gets IP banned for talking back against the shit going down, but not a thing is going to happen here. Circumstances are slightly altered between the two examples but the point still stands.

Chapter 5.

[spoiler=Chapter 5 - Gameplay]MjvQq.pngzbHE7.png

Unless you're going for a lower turncount, I wouldn't recommend going through the west gate here, some reinforcements pop up (I don't recall this happening on normal mode though :/) and make your life difficult. They all hit fairly hard and this triggers the bandits to move, which means you can't even effectively hold the chokepoint because they'll just climb over the mountains.

ReaUy.pngbe8E5.pngWAj6s.png

Some enemies from the chapter. I feel this chapter is actually tougher than most make it out to be, as it can be tough to double any of the enemies here unless you're Rutgar (or Thany, but she does like 1x2 so it doesn't matter). They're all pretty tough defensively at this point, and the Nomads and Mercs can be troublesome to hit (the Nomads moreso since you have no WTA to take advantage of).

V0uxq.pngYaQSi.png

Lance and Alan, who have average offence at this point in the game struggle bigtime with the enemies here. Alan 3HKO's the fighter and is 2HKO'd back easily, (at iffy hitrates, but still) and Lance 4HKO's this guy at imperfect hitrates.

tfiMC.png

since I had to blast through chapter 4 again I lost all of Roy's level ups

which means he still has base strength and speed

I like how he missed the three stats I wanted him to get on this level as well

PIEqe.png

Rutgar is pretty much the only reliable way to take down the nomads, and mine proc'd speed last chapter. He might not even be able to double them, which makes things a lot more problematic.

lp7qy.png

This is why Lugh sucks

He's OHKO'd by handaxes for a long time, and is doubled easily by the nomads (and ORKO'd).

qW17r.png

The mercs are also very quick for this early on, so Alan might be doubled here. Lance only needs a couple speed procs.

sbzUk.png

"but chad has such good growths"

4795T.png

Make sure to cover these up, on turn 12 (iirc) reinforcements will pop out and make your life miserable.

Ktk9X.pngVWKaX.png

bullshit boss #1

here's why

Lcr6U.png

Dory is very physically tough at this point in the game, sporting 40HP, 11 defence, and 1-2 range. Rutgar is also your only unit that will double him, and the killing edge he carries is more or less the only way to take this guy on. And even when you do do that, he can still eat a Killer sword crit + a hit from Rutgar.

His 30 attack is enough to OHKO/ORKO everyone but:

Roy (because Angelic Robe), Marcus, Alan, Lance, Dieck, Lott, and Rutgar, and has high crit on them all. Out of those, Roy, Lott, Alan, Lance and Marcus are pretty useless against the boss, due to bad hitrates or damage output, leaving only Dieck and Rutgar being able to to damage due to doubling power/killing edges. Even then, you're playing with Fire because of his killer axe.

WCF69.png

Rutgar, who has high hit for your team at this point, still only has a 78 disp. hit on him, and takes a helluva lot of damage in return if he's hit.

courtesy of scarlet sword

Also, for people with dangerous crap like that Killer Axe, I like to make them switch to their inaccurate and weaker ranged weapon, unless I have a bunch of ranged attackers to pick them off with(and pick up via rescuing)

h7gUD.png

the tile below here...

ogULT.png

... made the game break! Curse you Shin! (don't worry, I still finished the chapter)

Edited by General Horace

I'll be honest, I'm mostly reading this for the gameplay, hoping to gather a few hints for when I do this stuff on hard. Hard mode is looking to be pretty nasty even WITH those bonuses, but still doable. Also, for people with dangerous crap like that Killer Axe, I like to make them switch to their inaccurate and weaker ranged weapon, unless I have a bunch of ranged attackers to pick them off with(and pick up via rescuing). Also, funny how the few people able to whoop that boss are the ones prone to being crit the most thanks to low base/growth in luck. All the more reason to keep him from using that Killer Axe if possible.

[spoiler=Chapter 5 - In chapter text]yty9p.pngmQPaw.png

Ut0k5.pngHxIFz.png

HxIFz.pngVzirB.png

nyIRY.pngoECKE.png

vMlXU.pnglYXJD.png

WQeup.pngtSPzD.png

dzHp9.png6ASbc.png

Oypjs.pngNekX7.png

Lc8eY.pngwoRHG.png

E9NMX.pngPISd8.png

SrvtI.png7J8WC.png

v7V0M.pngJVsfz.png

18wHM.png

t5y0s.png

Visiting you the village nets you the "Folgore Pole", also known as the Gant lance. Parco seems to be akin to somebody like Bors so I think he'll make good use of it

I wonder if Al's sword is going to be "Parco's Sword" or something similar

giOSy.pngCTPmG.png7SWnK.png

Even Saul thinks Thany is a boy

the rest will be up shortly.

@Secret Sword, thats' a good technique if you don't want to face the killer axe, yeah. I have the magical power of savestates to deal with the FE6 bosses, so I suppose it's a good idea to mention it for those who don't want to use/aren't able to do so.

Edited by General Horace

and one last post for today

[spoiler=Chapter 5 - Post Chapter ]Nl3yN.pngCsuP7.png

6oV5c.pngNYHiW.png

OttUi.png9Uhml.png

qoeqp.pngSITRh.png

PpG5w.pngWqmRM.png

CXzL2.pngR9KcE.png

p7Ihh.pngW7mil.png

jDZIM.pngEQ2LB.png

JTVWG.pngHTzyx.png

aecEL.pngRpwAq.png

IElX5.pngfMX8S.png

IXZ8Q.pngJgCuf.png

4gIcv.pngesEOv.png

YGQN3.png2T57i.png

dDgKS.pngBKetZ.png

Al970.pngl2hRD.png

l2hRD.png3ylGD.png

P337m.png

too lazy to read again or comment

if there are any duplicates let me know i've done that like 4 times in a row now

EDIT i lied i might do chapter 6's gameplay today

Edited by General Horace

Hahaha ... oh, Saul. He's a successful womanizer, except he's not - as - much of a womanizer as he was in the original. :P: Also, what is with the random bursts of Spanish? Dorothy is also quite obvious about liking Saul in this version. And Roy barely talked. Guess he has nothing to say?

Also: Folgore Pole. :XD:

tbh, I cut out boring lines, but Roy didn't actually say too much.

you'll have to ask shin about the random bits of foreign language, I have no clue hahaha

Also I missed the village conversation, oops.

Geez, such hostility in this thread. Everyone have a fat bunny or something. They're cute and fluffy and won't eat you, I promise. Except the one in my avatar.

Anyway, looking forward to the C6 update~

It'll be up sooon....

...quick as a bunny!

(I didn't alter your post to fit my idiom i sware)

Ah, I see. I was wondering why Roy was so quiet. Also, I understand a bit of Saul's Spanish, because I took four years of high school Spanish, but it's so random is all.

Well I have no idea because I am clueless!

I'll let Shin answer text related queries i hope he didn't do anything innappropriate

Edited by General Horace

Answer to the Father Saul thing.

I've never had much luck with Rutger against this chapter's boss, I've always had Marcus rush to the boss and Alance hold various chokepoints. I'm glad this one doesn't crash as much, how did I break a single tile?

So it was a reference to something? I just thought you were throwing in random Spanish words for the heck of it.

With the link pointing ability aid of Camtech, I've given Horace a version which shouldn't be as likely to crash. If it does, I'm sure Horace would be happy to continue without it. Poor Omni and Bunny!

for the record the thing that soc posted (that I directed you to) was actually my doing; he just hosted it for me because i'm lazy

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back to this infrequently updated topic.

[spoiler=Chapter 6 - gameplay]clZuO.png

something is wrong here

Khpxz.png

This chapter is pretty simple to clear, it's easy to choke this point. The part I dislike is collecting the treasure in a timely manner

I didn't collect it in a timely manner

wpjOl.png

this chapter was also littered with many terrible level ups. Except for Thany. She got strength twice.

Y0Ksk.png

LHTth.png

Marcus and Lott have pretty negligible chances of dying here, and leave the enemies weak enough for someone else to pick off. The knights are actually pretty tough defensively, so use the armourslayer/hammer if you want.

FKmf8.png

oh i forgot new characters

Saul. He has a high staff rank, and decent growths everywhere except defence and luck. He shouldn't really be seeing a ton of combat anyhow, so the luck shouldn't be much of an issue.

M3Bh6.png

Dorothy. Bad bases, not good enough growths, archer

thank you for not making me use her

SAmRK.png

WAT

paezr.png

the two bottommost doors have nothing in them, but wait a couple turns and enemies pop out. I just leave them shut to make things easy. However, a certain someone can open them up, and it's annoying.

Uv8cf.png

This mage and the two armours by the boss won't move (well, they didn't for me anyway) so they're easy to take care of.

9W2dM.png

we don't get her yet, but have Roy chat with her here to make her leave before she can steal your chests or trigger some enemies.

kLVte.png

woah i almost had to restart because enemies spawn in the throne room if the boss isn't dead. According to FEWod, on the turn 8,12 and 16 enemy phase. Be wary, it's easy to get a frail unit killed because of ambush spawning.

yHfgv.png

hello fe6 thrones.

3 defence, 30 evade, and 5 resistance bonuses. Coupled with Fe6's shitty hitrates it makes things quite annoying.

sygtI.png

As for his stats, he's fairly quick, and hits hard. Nothing you can't handle though, proving you hit him.

ctt0N.png

uguuuuu

fjPbj.png

being the silly person i am, I forgot Roy had to talk to Cath and I spend like 10 turns chasing her around

whack her with somebody so she vulneraries if she's about to steal your treasure.

JdyLw.pngVnkM6.png

aha! Lott will use throne bonuses

VAdlk.png

wut

mlqSL.png

also, Sue

Her bases are kind of like Dorothy with more speed. After a few levels she's pretty quick, but she's pretty weak and frail.

JMKde.png

I think Shin hacked Saul's growths

nBnAi.png

Cath also gives you lockpicks indirectly (even though you only need one, maybe 2 since they have 30 uses)

also note that thieves can steal items even if they have less speed

tJA25.pngYf8ll.png

The top left room has a chest and enemies, while the top right room just has enemies. This chapter is really easy :/

Not much I can really say about it.

stats and text up before i sleep

also treck/noah/zealot poll

Edited by General Horace